Dive Plan: Sunday 4/30/06

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Dive Plan: Sunday 4/30/06

Post by Tangfish »

Hi Folks, I'll be diving on Sunday with my buddy Ken (kgdiver). Since this will be his first cold water dive, and the tides don't look very good, we'll be going somewhere that isn't too current intensive. Probably Cove 2 or Edmonds, even though both of those sites will be chock full of divers due to the sunny weekend in store.

Anyone else is welcome to join or make suggestions to the plan. Ken hasn't dove in the PNW, but he is a divemaster with nearly 200 dives under his belt so there won't be any hand-holding. He's also thinking about using my old drysuit (assuming my dry gloves will be here by then). What do you guys think? I think it'd be better to dive wet to get adjusted to buoyancy and lack of vis before donning the drysuit for the first time in the chillier waters.
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Actually Calvin edmonds is a current sensitve site!! with such a long surface swim can be a real problem if you hit it at the wrong time!! A freind of mine had to be rescued a few years back by the ferry service!!
Who run barter town?
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

roger that, I would go for cove 2, In fact due to the huge exchange this weekend I will be diving Cove 2 Saturday morning.
:partyman:
TAKE only pictures,,, LEAVE only bubbles...
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

You know there is always sund rock and octopus hole Calvin. And it is well worth the drive, and won't be as mucky as cove 2 :pale:

I will let you know if I will join you, I am not answering to early this time. #-o
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Are you sure about the non-muckiness? Hoodsport is a popular hangout on sunny weekends. Not a bad idea though, but since I'll be diving with kgdiver in possibly his first drysuit dive I wanted to go somewhere with a fairly medium-sized depth and a bottom. Cove 2 is okay for that I guess. We can do the Honeybear.
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Well sunday ia out for me guys, Looks like Randy Is out of town this weekend, that means I am at the Dive shop Sunday. #-o
I'll be thinking of you :supz:
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Ken, looks like you might be diving wet on Sunday since my gloves didn't ever get ordered. So that means you'll have to stop by the shop for sure on Thursday to get fitted for a rental suit.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I spoke too soon, I guess they're being drop shipped and will arrive by the weekend. So, Ken and I will be diving dry (notice the rhyme?), this Sunday at Cove 2. Anyone is welcome to join.
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

what time Calvin???? :dontknow:
TAKE only pictures,,, LEAVE only bubbles...
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

We don't really have a time planned since Cove 2 isn't current sensitive. I'm thinking after the students are done with their classes (ok, it's really just an excuse to sleep in).
:rr:
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Great pair of dives today. Ken and I did Cove 2: I-beams, Honeybear wreck, etc. 2nd dive we went from Cove 2 to Cove 3 and saw some interesting stuff along the way. Ling cod, cabezon, pile perch, brown rockfish, shrimp, mating crabs and all the rest of the usual critters.

Ken did great on his first couple of cold water dives, he did it right by starting off dry and had his buoyancy down pat by the end of the second dive. \:D/