Octopus Hole 3/26

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
finnegankp
Dive-aholic

Octopus Hole 3/26

Post by finnegankp »

I've been diving quite a bit here in the PNW but haven't really expanded out much from Coves 1 & 2 and Redondo. I've heard a lot of great stories about Octopus Hole over in Hood Canal and wanted to see if anyone would be interested in going this weekend. I'm open to people who have been there before and people who are new to it.

Let me know. I'm thinking at least 2 dives Saturday or Sunday. Or possible 2 dives Saturday and another 2 somewhere else.

- Kyle
To dive? Or not to dive?... the latter is irrelevant! Get in the water!
ashitaka666
Aquaphile

Re: Octopus Hole 3/26

Post by ashitaka666 »

Myself and a few other friends might be diving this sunday at Octo Hole. If it's a go I'll give ya my number.
Look for an 05 Silver Hyundai Accent with an SSI Sticker on my trunk.
Scuba Diving isn't about one's ego but about having fun and doing dives you feel comfortable doing.
Ashi's Photo Gallery
finnegankp
Dive-aholic

Post by finnegankp »

Sounds good! I hope it goes!
ashitaka666
Aquaphile

Post by ashitaka666 »

Same here! Never been to Octo Hole Yet so I'm looking forward to this dive if it's a go!
Scuba Diving isn't about one's ego but about having fun and doing dives you feel comfortable doing.
Ashi's Photo Gallery
oregondiver
Submariner

Post by oregondiver »

I am diving Sund or Octo on Saturday...we are just waiting to see if FunkyDiver can make it (if his back is well enough).

Will shoot you a PM if it looks like Octo is a winner.
Shell
Discussing the Whites Fusion: "Looks like you are wearing a startrek leotard with bunched-up undies..." -Airsix

"fins are like shoes....you can never have enough pairs." -Lizard0924
selkie
Submariner

Post by selkie »

oregondiver wrote:I am diving Sund or Octo on Saturday...we are just waiting to see if FunkyDiver can make it (if his back is well enough).

Will shoot you a PM if it looks like Octo is a winner.
Shell
My vote is leaning to Sund. It will be an easier entry for FunkyDiver and it is multiple dives at one site. I can't wait to dive with you guys. :)
"A man must have some wit to know he is a fool"

Maritime Archaeological Society (MAS)
http://maritimearchaeological.org/

Northwest Diving History Association (NWDHA)
http://www.divinghistory.org/
nwbobber
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by nwbobber »

We are hitting octopus hole tonight. And Sund rock Saturday. Staying at Glen Ayr..

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading - Lao Tzu
ashitaka666
Aquaphile

Post by ashitaka666 »

You guys going to be at Sund Rock/Octo Hole tomorrow? Looking to possibly to find someone to dive with. Preferably Sund Rock since the last time I went vis was 0 to 5 feet which I wasn't used to so I stuck to the shallows where the vis was much better.
Ashi's Photo Gallery
kitsapdiver
Submariner

Post by kitsapdiver »

What time are you guys hitting the water? I have been under the weather this week, and didn't dive today because the last of the congestion was on it's way out. I'm feeling pretty good now though, and if I feel decent in the morning I want to try to get out tomorrow. I was going to head to Sund Rock for an early dive in the morning, but would be interested in joining up with folks later if you were still at octopus hole. I haven't done that site in a couple of months now. I am familiar with the site though.

OF course this is all contingent on my congestion staying at Bay.
THE Ohio State University
Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
finnegankp
Dive-aholic

Post by finnegankp »

Hey guys, sorry for the late notice but I'm not going to make it in the water tomorrow. I have some studying to do to prep for an interview on Monday.
GetWet
Frequent Bubbler

Post by GetWet »

Sund Rock was PACKed on Saturday.... Diving with someone who's never been there. Dropped to 50' turned left and ran right in to the ship wreck. How fun. Hovered around the bottom then drifted around the bow marveling at the ling cods. The vis was okay, maybe 20' or so. Came around looking at the deck, marveling at the lings darting in and out when around the back of the ship came a light, and I watched another diver (at least that's what I thought it was). Hard to tell as they were WALKING!!!! Needless to say the vis wasn't so great after that... we turned our dive.
ashitaka666
Aquaphile

Post by ashitaka666 »

Oh wow, that's a bummer they were walking down there :(. At most I use is a finger to keep myself off the bottom.

I ended up going to T-Dock in Mulkiteo. It was interesting. Vis was 20/25 feet. Got to check out the dome structure there. Saw a few rock fish. Played with crabs. Saw a 3 hermit crab fight. Saw some huge star fishes, sea anemones and such. Had a good time. Even got to help out an OW Cert Class. Then Sunday went back with my camera with the same class. Ended up having to do a diver rescue when my buddy pulled her back. So had to help get her into shore then ungear her and help her out of the water. (While moving the gear onto the shore afterwards). So my weekend was full of experiences, lol.
Ashi's Photo Gallery