MMM 4/25

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

MMM 4/25

Post by Paulicarp »

MMMake it happen!

4:00 for the warm-up splash and 6:30 for the main splash followed by optional ethanol assisted offgassing at the DK. :partyman:

Who's in?

Don't know what MMM is? click here: http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12412
Last edited by Paulicarp on Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Re: MMM 4/25

Post by Nwbrewer »

In for Dive 1!
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

Nwbrewer wrote:In for Dive 1!
backmount or SMROD? :)
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Looks like I'm in too. possibly for both dives.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by trevorrowe »

I should be all good to go on monday! Count me in for #2-3.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Paulicarp wrote:
Nwbrewer wrote:In for Dive 1!
backmount or SMROD? :)
Backmount!
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
vbcoachchris
Dive-aholic

Post by vbcoachchris »

I'm in.

Scott
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Hello guys. Heard a lot about this group. I'm in for Dive 1 only. Wife's gotta be in a bowling league by 0630. Gotta make her happy too. lol
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

coulterboy wrote:Hello guys. Heard a lot about this group. I'm in for Dive 1 only. Wife's gotta be in a bowling league by 0630. Gotta make her happy too. lol
We better make dive 1 a 4:00 splash then.

Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

Nwbrewer wrote:
coulterboy wrote:Hello guys. Heard a lot about this group. I'm in for Dive 1 only. Wife's gotta be in a bowling league by 0630. Gotta make her happy too. lol
We better make dive 1 a 4:00 splash then.

Done! New splash time for dive 1 is 4:00 pm
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

I'm in.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

I will be there for the 630.. With scooter ..
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
vlad
Aquaphile

MMM 4/25

Post by vlad »

I'll try to make it too, maybe even for #1.
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

I can make a 4:00 splash and stay for the rest. I think I have the gear situation figured out.

I'll want to take some time and practice some skills since I haven't been in the water since November. Anybody else interested in s-drills, etc.?

Jake, I'll even bring you some parts from a disembowled BC for you to play with.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

renoun wrote:I can make a 4:00 splash and stay for the rest. I think I have the gear situation figured out.

I'll want to take some time and practice some skills since I haven't been in the water since November. Anybody else interested in s-drills, etc.?

Jake, I'll even bring you some parts from a disembowled BC for you to play with.

I'll throw an OOA at you, loose my mask for a while, maybe get a light to fail, and if you're lucky 1 fin might disappear. :blackblink: :blackblink: :blackblink: :blackblink: (we need a blue glove smiley)

Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

Nwbrewer wrote:
renoun wrote:I'll want to take some time and practice some skills since I haven't been in the water since November. Anybody else interested in s-drills, etc.?

I'll throw an OOA at you, loose my mask for a while, maybe get a light to fail, and if you're lucky 1 fin might disappear. :blackblink: :blackblink: :blackblink: :blackblink: (we need a blue glove smiley)
...and if you want a real challenge, Jake will bring his sidemount rig and you do the "inflator recovery and replace" drill.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Paulicarp wrote:
...and if you want a real challenge, Jake will bring his sidemount rig and you do the "inflator recovery and replace" drill.
Achmed.jpg

Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

the "inflator recovery and replace" drill referred to above is purely hypothetical in nature and does not in any way refer to, allude to or parody any situation that might or might not have occurred in real life with persons who may or may not resemble those who have posted in this thread. :stickwhack:
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Paulicarp wrote:...and if you want a real challenge, Jake will bring his sidemount rig and you do the "inflator recovery and replace" drill.
So who is going to be shooting video and what do we have to do to take over a TV at the Diamondf Knot.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

I have to stop by Fisheries Supply in the morning. Anybody need Atlas gloves for around $3.50 each?
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
April
Dive-aholic

Post by April »

how were the dives? I'm going through mmm withdrawal...
April
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

April wrote:how were the dives? I'm going through mmm withdrawal...
Dive 1 vis was an awesome 10-15.....inches...

We had a good turnout. For dive 1 we had vbcoachchris, renoun, mattleycrue, cofford, vlad, pauli and myself.

Teams got a little bit separated around the geodome. Somehow renoun got separated from everybody, lost a fin, and got to do the 1 fin flop back to shore. Matt and I went back in, with the general idea that the fin was "out there (pointing generally north) in about 40-45' of water". Due to some unexplainable benevolence of the dive gods, Matt found the black jetfin, in 3 feet of vis, right at 47'. With the fin recovered and the vis still just stellar, we called it and headed back to the exit.

Despite the vis and general CF'edness of the dive(s) it was still a good MMM, good turnout, good to see some people I hadn't seen in a while.

Dive 2 Trevor showed up, along with H2Odoc and one other diver who's name I didn't catch. I bailed out, so I don't know how dive 2 was, hopefully better.

Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

Dive 2 was actually worth the price of admission! Mattley, Trev, Vlad, Agent47, and I dropped down the buoy line in viz that reminded us all why it's called the "Muk" until we got down to about 60fsw where it finally opened up to maybe 15-20feet. H20Doc was there too doing occasional flybys on his scoot. The GPO under the boat seemed content with a good cluster of eggs and overall it was a very enjoyable dive. Maybe it just seemed like a nice dive because the first dive was somewhat disappointing. Renoun stuck around for dive three even tho dive 2 wasn't in the cards for him, and Linda came by for dive three as well, so it was a good group at the DK too. Thanks all!! :partyman: :taco:
vbcoachchris
Dive-aholic

Post by vbcoachchris »

Nwbrewer wrote:
April wrote:how were the dives? I'm going through mmm withdrawal...
Dive 1 vis was an awesome 10-15.....inches...

We had a good turnout. For dive 1 we had vbcoachchris, renoun, mattleycrue, cofford, vlad, pauli and myself.

Teams got a little bit separated around the geodome. Somehow renoun got separated from everybody, lost a fin, and got to do the 1 fin flop back to shore. Matt and I went back in, with the general idea that the fin was "out there (pointing generally north) in about 40-45' of water". Due to some unexplainable benevolence of the dive gods, Matt found the black jetfin, in 3 feet of vis, right at 47'. With the fin recovered and the vis still just stellar, we called it and headed back to the exit.

Despite the vis and general CF'edness of the dive(s) it was still a good MMM, good turnout, good to see some people I hadn't seen in a while.

Dive 2 Trevor showed up, along with H2Odoc and one other diver who's name I didn't catch. I bailed out, so I don't know how dive 2 was, hopefully better.
We also got to meet and dive with coulterboy.

Great fun. I hope to do it again next week.

Scott
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

It was a good dive for me as well. Great to know all of the guys and as well. Still a bit confused as to who is who with names. That's why. "I'll be back". Unfortunately, I was in a hurry to head home after dive 1. Hopefully, next time, I can hang out for all the 3 dives.