MMM 6/27

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

MMM 6/27

Post by Paulicarp »

Who's in for MMM?

The plan this week is to splash at 4:00 pm for the warm up dive, and 6:30 pm at the T-dock for the main event. We'll scoot over to the Governor, so bring your doubled nitrox spare airs if you expect to keep up. This is an open invite for anyone. If you don't have a scooter, it's no problem. Trevorowe can tow two or three divers. :rofl:

If you're newb enough you don't get the joke, or just really gullible, click here for the real dive plan.
trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: MMM 6/27

Post by trevorrowe »

I plan to be there at 6:30 and I'll be available for the Diamond Knot afterwards as well.
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

trevorrowe wrote:I plan to be there at 6:30 and I'll be available for the Diamond Knot afterwards as well.

sorry, we can't scoot all the way to the Diamond Knot if you're towing 2 or 3 divers...
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

It looks like Mon. should be a short enough work day for me to make both dives.

Has anybody thought about side-mounting their Spar Airs? I think that the manifold could be a failure point it doesn't even have an isolator valve let alone redundant regulators. Two is one, one is none and all that.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR. Anything less than that violates the redundancy rules and could result in OOB situations which are unacceptable to UTD. :partyman: :mmmbeer:

Unified Team Drinking and Drinking It Right are Trademarks of the United Post Dive Beer Drinking Association (UPDBDA)
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by trevorrowe »

Is UTD that new agency I keep hearing about, "Under the Table Diving"?
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR.
I believe that there at times they serve more than one kind of IPA at the Knot. I'm not really comfortable drinking there unless everybody at the table agrees on which IPA to drink and we mark our pints according to UPDBDA team drinking protocol. Also although they dispense IPAs into smaller glasses the pint pot is the smallest size a thinking drinker would choose. Once they have had sufficient training to understand the complexities involved in beer switches advanced drinkers may want to consider ordering pitchers.

Finally don't forget your state issued C Card, they have been known to check them.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Where do "Strokers" like me, fit into play? I wonder?
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

coulterboy wrote:Where do "Strokers" like me, fit into play? I wonder?
"Strokers" are served Koolaid flavored Beer until they submit. :koolaid:
Last edited by Mattleycrue76 on Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

I guess I'll have to settle for that as part of "the right of passage" for any stroker like me hanging out with the UTD guys.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

This thread is so good I might show up to see all the strokes
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Not gonna make this one... I'll be in Winthrop, might dunk a fin in Pearygin or the river though... Have fun!!
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR. Anything less than that violates the redundancy rules and could result in OOB situations which are unacceptable to UTD. :partyman: :mmmbeer:

Unified Team Drinking and Drinking It Right are Trademarks of the United Post Dive Beer Drinking Association (UPDBDA)

You're such a freak'n snob. When was the last time you actually saw a real OOB situation that any kind of a real problem when the tap is less than 60 feet away? We're talking about drinking within recreational limits ONLY and with good reliable buddies. Under the Table Drinking may involve overhead environments, but agency means NOTHING and it's all about the instructor; and I learned everything I know about Drinking Under the Table from Fishstiq, so I know everything that really matters.

The fact is, it's all about personal choice. If nwbrewer wants to drink BIY (brew it yourself) brown ale from dual sidemount beer bongs, I say it's all good. Every once in a while I like to have a porter or a stout, and I haven't died yet. Sometimes I even drink them solo. The only thing that's really stoopid is drinking that coffee stout April likes. That sh!t3 will F*** you up!
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Paulicarp wrote:The only thing that's really stoopid is drinking that coffee stout April likes. That sh!t3 will F*** you up!
It's important to maintain the correct ratio of Peanuts to Beer to avoid the Narc. Advanced thinking drinkers may also incorporate Pizza or Philly Cheesesteaks but this should only be attempted after taking a class in advanced mixed beers.

Rumor has it Fishstiq is working on a closed loop system involving leg bags and caths or something.
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:It's important to maintain the correct ratio of Peanuts to Beer to avoid the Narc. Advanced thinking drinkers may also incorporate Pizza or Philly Cheesesteaks but this should only be attempted after taking a class in advanced mixed beers.
you can go on and on about "thinking drinking" "narc averaging" yadda, yadda, yadda. The truth is there's no substitute for an A.I.R. (Alcohol Inebriation Readout) integrated computer. Without it, once you get halfway Under the Table Drunk, you're at the mercy of your own voodo tables to tell you what to do. With the A.I.R. integrated computer, it just tells you your Time When Satisfactorily Sober (TWSS). Don't get me wrong, on the fly narc is fine for a backup, but drinking has come a long way in the last 20 years and we're all better off trusting the scientific algorithms in the A.I.R. integrated computers that are light years ahead of the tables the old timers used to drink with.
Mattleycrue76 wrote:Rumor has it Fishstiq is working on a closed loop system involving leg bags and caths or something.
I heard that he accidentally had a TWSS event and kept flushing his loop, but it was too late. He was probably on tacos, and they're alot harder to balance out than the usual Pizza or Philly Cheesesteaks.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Paulicarp wrote:
Mattleycrue76 wrote:It's important to maintain the correct ratio of Peanuts to Beer to avoid the Narc. Advanced thinking drinkers may also incorporate Pizza or Philly Cheesesteaks but this should only be attempted after taking a class in advanced mixed beers.
you can go on and on about "thinking drinking" "narc averaging" yadda, yadda, yadda. The truth is there's no substitute for an A.I.R. (Alcohol Inebriation Readout) integrated computer. Without it, once you get halfway Under the Table Drunk, you're at the mercy of your own voodo tables to tell you what to do. With the A.I.R. integrated computer, it just tells you your Time When Satisfactorily Sober (TWSS). Don't get me wrong, on the fly narc is fine for a backup, but drinking has come a long way in the last 20 years and we're all better off trusting the scientific algorithms in the A.I.R. integrated computers that are light years ahead of the tables the old timers used to drink with.
Mattleycrue76 wrote:Rumor has it Fishstiq is working on a closed loop system involving leg bags and caths or something.
I heard that he accidentally had a TWSS event and kept flushing his loop, but it was too late. He was probably on tacos, and they're alot harder to balance out than the usual Pizza or Philly Cheesesteaks.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh, and I'll be at dive 1....
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

this thread is comedy gold. thanks for the laughs! :partyman:
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

spatman wrote:this thread is comedy gold. thanks for the laughs! :partyman:
The dive almost lived up to the thread...almost..... I'll hopefully get some video edited tonight.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

another couple classic MMM dives! Thanks all- especially Don for putting up with us on dive 1 inspite of the braindead deco captain calling a 1 foot per min ascent. And thanks to Fishstiq for bringing "JP Patches, the deflatable wonder boat" over to haul us up to the oil dock for a high speed :eric: scoot thru the pilings. Good times! :supz:
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

great thread guys. wish i could get down there more often
The student was ready.

it's nice to have low expectations, sometimes - lcf

I said keep going, not start whining -airsix
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Ok you guys inspired me to change my avatar. I think I'm a true team drinker even if I shared a pizza with a guy who drank a whole pitcher of diet coke.
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Thanks to joe for the boat shuttle down to the pier.. Vis was nice and I got too put an hour in my crack scooter... And man vrs diet coke was awsome.
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Dive 1 video is up!

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/25743415[/vimeo]

Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

:rofl: Thanks for the bubble check, Jake. You did say my argon bottle wasn't leaking after you "fixed" it, right? :smt064
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Paulicarp wrote::rofl: Thanks for the bubble check, Jake. You did say my argon bottle wasn't leaking after you "fixed" it, right? :smt064
I think your reg **might** need a rebuild.