Rattlesnake Lake May 14th

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Rattlesnake Lake May 14th

Post by Maverick »

This is going to be the first time any of us from NW Dive Club try to find this sunken city, So I am not promising that we will find it on the first attempt, but we will never know unless we try it. I think this will be an all day thing and maybe a three tanker, so that means lots of sit time to eat and chat. Who's in? :partyman:
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

wheres the lake at???? Have you dove a lake yet?? Usually llots of silt low vis and cold... If you want we can dive lk stevens and you can see what its like?? lemme know...
Who run barter town?
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Its in northbend Wa, and is not to silty, infact it is sandy and snow fed so it is cool as can be but very clear. I have fly fished alot at the lake and you can see the bottom in like 40 feet deep areas so i think it will be for good vis. I have not dove a lake before but figure it can't be to hard, just less weight. Would you like to join us that sunday. You work at an UWS don't you?
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

STAIRS.
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

No, I am a asst instructor at the everett store.. I cant gaurentee that I can make it that day... Glacier fed BBBBBRRRRRRRRR!!!!! bring lots of hot water \:D/
Who run barter town?
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I want to find the sunken city. I've got high hopes that it will be something along the lines of this.
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

HEY MAve:

I would love to be in on that dive but I doubt the wife will let me dive Two wekends in a row. if you find the town mark the spot some how so you can find it againe and maybe I can talk her in to a trip after I get paid on the 15th

hope to see you this comeing Saturday

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Woah there calvin this isn't an indiana jones episode but a fresh water lake hunt, OK. no high hope just building foundations and such. What that does sound pretty cool, and awesome vis.
Maverick

STAIRS.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Maverick wrote:Woah there calvin this isn't an indiana jones episode but a fresh water lake hunt, OK.
There are no rolling stone balls to outrun (er, swim)?! #-o
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Nope , But their are trout to out run :axe:

Hey we need to cancel this dive for the time being and Sit down and discuss it because it will be an altitude dive, since it is 1000'

We should dive this on NITROX and use standard air tables to be safe. Less N on gassing.
Maverick

STAIRS.
Jim#1
Getting To Know Folks

Post by Jim#1 »

The Jim's will throw some ribs on the smoker for anyone that wants to come over after the dive. We are about 15 min from the lake. BYOB. Reports from someone that fishes there is the lake is 40 feet deep. Not sure how full the lake was when He took these readings. It is full right now.
Be Good
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Why do we need to cancel it? We can easily plan for altitude, that's what you've got some DM-in-training boys around for.
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Okay then lets keep it on then, but I guess i can dive nitrox anyway, there is no padi police, plus one of you can rent them for me.

lets do it. :supz:
Maverick

STAIRS.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Ok, now I have to stop you from doing that. Nitrox is serious stuff and as a "responsible PADI role model" (Divemaster speak), I can't allow you to endanger yourself or others by using Nitrox without training, even if max depth makes it safe. Why do you think we need Nitrox BJ? We can just make an adjustment for altitude using regular air, the dive is only 40', right? Plenty of BT, we'll be limited by temp moreso than nitrogen loading.
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

I agree Calvin I was just explained by Ki that is is safer to use nitrox and dive like you were using air so your loading is next to nothing. We can use air but we need to have a 3 minute safety stop every 15 feet and ascend at half the normal rate. I'm ok with that, are you
Maverick

STAIRS.
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Most dive computors automaticaly adjust for altitude... at 40ffw the advantage of nitrox will be nill... I propose a lake dive at lake stevens so everyone can adjust there weight and see some BIG frikin crawdads :supz:
Who run barter town?
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

I dove lake Sammamish the other day to adjust my weights, but i will dive to see some crawdads, can we eat them? boy are they good.

Where is lake stevens
Maverick

STAIRS.
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

North snohomish county just north east of everett.. I have dove that lake at least 50 times and find lots of treasures there \:D/
Who run barter town?