MMM 7/18

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
renoun
I've Got Gills

MMM 7/18

Post by renoun »

I just got stitches out Friday so I can't dive but wanted to start a thread and make sure that somebody would show up to dive with Rhonda. I'll be back up next week.

What is Mukilteo Monday Madness (MMM*)?
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Re: MMM 7/18

Post by Paulicarp »

I'm in for 1&2, maybe even 3 if Trev doesn't drink all the diet coke before I get there... :)
2loud4u
Compulsive Diver

Post by 2loud4u »

I should be good for dive 2.

Brendan
FTM ~ PTB ~ EGH ~ RFB ~ KTF ~ DTRT
Jeff2Dive
Avid Diver

Post by Jeff2Dive »

I'll be there for the fist dive
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

I'll try to be there too for the first dive.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
deanhowel
Just Settling In

Post by deanhowel »

What time is dive 1?
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

deanhowel wrote:What time is dive 1?
4:00 splash.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Jeff2Dive
Avid Diver

Post by Jeff2Dive »

:thankyouyellow: for the dive, all but short for me due to my complety stail and rather nasty air that I didnt quite expect. Just got a reminder that anything in the air becomes concentrated at depth ! including the stank :pale:

dont dive with old air
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

Jeff, coulterboy, deanhowel and I had some excellent (by our lame standards) viz at the geodome and we were able to send dean home with 4 nice big dungiees.

Dive 2 was crab collecting for Rachel, and yes, the big ones were out in force at the oil dock. We were able to put a total of 13 checkmarks across 3 tags! Still, the best part was the 141minutes of bottom time on a Monday afternoon! :partydance:

Recap: 17crab, 6divers, 30ft viz, 141min BT, rmv??? :)
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Jeff2Dive wrote::thankyouyellow: for the dive, all but short for me due to my complety stail and rather nasty air that I didnt quite expect. Just got a reminder that anything in the air becomes concentrated at depth ! including the stank :pale:

dont dive with old air
Whoa, glad you're ok! Bad gas is most definitely not a good thing!

Where did you get your fill? Air typically doesn't go "bad". It's most likely that your fill was bad from the start (co2, oily, or wet). If it were my tank, I'd be having it opened and checked for hydrocarbons before getting it filled and diving it again.

The other possibility is that it was not your tank at all, but rather something in your 2nd stage reg. Did you try going to your octo? I think that happened to Peter Guy a while back. Might not be a bad idea to check that out as well.

Jake
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Jeff2Dive
Avid Diver

Post by Jeff2Dive »

They are my tanks and made in 2005. UWS filled the tank, after the last inpection but quite a while ago. Atleast a year, meaning they've just been sitting in my garage for a long time. I've never had bad air from them. My reg has been serviced every so it's gotta be in the tank, I could just taste the air, like something wasnt right.

I cant say with certanty that it was the air or my sinus' giving me trouble. I had no problem whatsoever equalizing going down or up so I'm not certin what the problem was. My head was starting to bother me more and more as time went on, not depth so ??? I can still feel a some discomfort above my left eyebrow, or just that general area. If I wake up tomorrow in the same condition I'll go have a check with the doc. I need to get the tanks insp and have some fresh fills atleast. And this time I want to see the insp for myself like I've done every time before, except the last time. Who know, perhaps they left it open for several days. They had them for a week. Every other time was a quick insp then prx right away.

Where are you supposed to go to have the air checked for contamiation?
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Jeff, I'm glad you're alright. If the symptoms still persist, please have yourself checked. When you signaled me yesterday that there was something wrong with your head, that alarmed me right away and prompted me to take you back to the surface. You made the right decision to thumb your dive and not prolong the exposure to the noxious gas you were breathing causing the headache.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

coulterboy wrote:Jeff, I'm glad you're alright. If the symptoms still persist, please have yourself checked. When you signaled me yesterday that there was something wrong with your head, that alarmed me right away and prompted me to take you back to the surface. You made the right decision to thumb your dive and not prolong the exposure to the noxious gas you were breathing causing the headache.
If your breathing gas is compromised in ANY WAY in a single tank situation, your buddy's gas is a good option. Continuing to breathe gas containing CO2 or other contaminants at depth is going to make the problem worse, and might turn a minor incident into a major one. It's one of the reasons why we have a buddy.

Jake