MMM 8/8/11

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
ldevore
Compulsive Diver

MMM 8/8/11

Post by ldevore »

Believe it or not, I can make this one (well, the 2nd dive, at least). Anyone joining me???

For anyone not familier with MMM (Monday Mukalteo Maddness) =>First dive at 4:00, second dive around 6:30 with a deco stop at the Diamond Knot to follow. All are welcome, post to the thread if you are coming.

Lauri

PS: Anyone bringing scoots, or planning to go to the boat? If so, I'll pack accordingly.
johnclark
Aquaphile

Re: MMM 8/8/11

Post by johnclark »

I plan on going. Trying my best to make the first dive. Will definitely make the second.
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

ldevore wrote:Anyone joining me??? PS: Anyone bringing scoots, or planning to go to the boat? If so, I'll pack accordingly.
Oh yeah!

Dive one is going to be held on the other side of the ferry this week- at Lighthouse Park. We gear up near the cul-de-sac by the restrooms and kids playground South of the boat ramp. This site is more current sensitve than our usual T-dock site by the silver cloud, but the current prediction is good enough for Nwbrewer, so it's good enough for me :tomnic: . As usual, all skill levels are welome at MMM, but if you're a new diver or new to the site be sure to ask local knowledge before trying it.

For Dive 2 we'll head back over to our usual T-dock site by the Silver Cloud hotel. Lauri, I vote we plan to scoot to the boat. If we need to adjust our plan for newer divers, that's easy to work out.
2loud4u
Compulsive Diver

Post by 2loud4u »

If all goes well I will be there for dive 2.

I don't have a scooter, but I am willing to surface swim out and drop... I went yesterday, no octo no eggs.

Brendan
FTM ~ PTB ~ EGH ~ RFB ~ KTF ~ DTRT
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Hmmm . . . clay walls. If I can solve my neck seal issue, I may try to make Dive 1.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
kitsapdiver
Submariner

Post by kitsapdiver »

I have gotten to do the claywalls once before, and really enjoyed the dive.
THE Ohio State University
Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Turns out I'm going to be doing a "Discovery Scuba" tomorrow -- no clay walls for me :(
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

LCF wrote:Turns out I'm going to be doing a "Discovery Scuba" tomorrow -- no clay walls for me :(
But hey, on the bright side you get to discover SCUBA. Let us know how you like it.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
ldevore
Compulsive Diver

Post by ldevore »

Bad news - not enough coffee on board when I left for work this morning :coffee: . I managed to leave my light sitting on the charger. If the $hI! doesn't hit the fan at work, I should be able to sneak home and get it, but I probably won't be able stop by the shop to get tanks filled with gas to go to the boat (I do have plenty of 32%).

Lauri
Jeff2Dive
Avid Diver

Post by Jeff2Dive »

Dive one is going to be held on the other side of the ferry this week- at Lighthouse Park. We gear up near the cul-de-sac by the restrooms and kids playground South of the boat ramp.[/quote]

Never parked on the park side, Do you have to pay for parking?

I'm down for dive 1... that and I'll be dry this time.. breaking out the dusty apollo for another go. It's been near 3 years since I last dove dry. Perhaps the T-dock for me and anyone else who's game. That and I got my memory card sat :supz: so I'm jazzed bout using my new camera :pirate: If I can keep my bouyancy under control.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Jeff2Dive wrote:Dive one is going to be held on the other side of the ferry this week- at Lighthouse Park. We gear up near the cul-de-sac by the restrooms and kids playground South of the boat ramp.

Never parked on the park side, Do you have to pay for parking?

I'm down for dive 1... that and I'll be dry this time.. breaking out the dusty apollo for another go. It's been near 3 years since I last dove dry. Perhaps the T-dock for me and anyone else who's game. That and I got my memory card sat :supz: so I'm jazzed bout using my new camera :pirate: If I can keep my bouyancy under control.
I'm not about telling people what dives they should or shouldn't do, but if you're new to a drysuit it might be prudent to do the t-dock or some other shallow site. While the currents today **SHOULD** be manageable, it's just a prediction. Corking from 75' off the wall wouldn't be a lot of fun.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Jeff2Dive
Avid Diver

Post by Jeff2Dive »

I'll join ya'll for the wall, but if anyone wants to do the t-dock first dive, speak up

so paid/unpaid Parking?
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Jeff2Dive wrote:I'll join ya'll for the wall, but if anyone wants to do the t-dock first dive, speak up

so paid/unpaid Parking?
unpaid.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Jeff2Dive
Avid Diver

Post by Jeff2Dive »

sweet, see you at the park, first dive
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

I'm a "maybe" fop Dive 1.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
dscuba
Aquaphile

Post by dscuba »

Are the tides/currents ok for dive #2 at the state park??
Jeff2Dive
Avid Diver

Post by Jeff2Dive »

coulterboy wrote:I'm a "maybe" fop Dive 1.
be there or be square -----
I I
-----
watch I'll forget to bring my extra lead for my drysuit...
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

dscuba wrote:Are the tides/currents ok for dive #2 at the state park??
http://www.dairiki.org/tides/daily.php/adm

Current predictions show it weakening into dive 2.

renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

I have to stop and get a fill if I'm going to make two dives today but hopefully I'll be around for both dives.

Laurie, I have a nice UK pistol grip light with your name all over it. :rofl: But if you are going home you know I appreciate crack.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

I have to stop and get a fill if I'm going to make two dives today but hopefully I'll be around for both dives.

Laurie, I have a nice UK pistol grip light with your name all over it. :rofl: But if you are going home you know I understand your crack habit.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

ldevore wrote:Bad news - not enough coffee on board when I left for work this morning :coffee: . I managed to leave my light sitting on the charger. If the $hI! doesn't hit the fan at work, I should be able to sneak home and get it, but I probably won't be able stop by the shop to get tanks filled with gas to go to the boat (I do have plenty of 32%).

Lauri
I should have a spare can light for ya
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
2loud4u
Compulsive Diver

Post by 2loud4u »

I am out for this evening.... Have fun all.

Brendan
FTM ~ PTB ~ EGH ~ RFB ~ KTF ~ DTRT
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

2loud4u wrote:I am out for this evening.... Have fun all.

Brendan

DOH! you missed the most EPIC MMM dives of the year! sorry you couldn't make it- we had scary good viz and great :partyman: at the knot. Even with Joe and April there...
johnclark
Aquaphile

Post by johnclark »

Pretty EPIC evening I must say. Joe and April? Those two are nuts! Still trying to figure out what in the world they were doing on that first dive.
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

johnclark wrote:Pretty EPIC evening I must say. Joe and April? Those two are nuts! Still trying to figure out what in the world they were doing on that first dive.
...let's just say there won't be any video of it posted...on this forum... :)