MMM 8/15

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

MMM 8/15

Post by Paulicarp »

last MMM is gonna be hard to beat, but who's willing to give it a try with me?

Dive 1 - 4PM
Dive 2 - 6:30 PM
Dive 3 - :partyman:

Details HERE: WHAT IS MMM?
Jeff2Dive
Avid Diver

Re: MMM 8/15

Post by Jeff2Dive »

oh yeah I'll be there for the first dive for sure and this time hopefully my ankle valve doesnt leak.... and my bouyancy is on so I'll get all the shots of whatevers happenin. :pirate:
ldevore
Compulsive Diver

Post by ldevore »

Yeah, there have been some good MMM's in the past, but last week was THE BEST EVER!!! :joshsmith:

I am there for dive #2. I've talked Lynne into joining me, so that she can help me practice skilz for the "blue gloves of death" when I take T2. ...now that I've heard Joe is going to help out on the class, I'm really worried!!!!

Lauri
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Post by Fishstiq »

ldevore wrote:Yeah, there have been some good MMM's in the past, but last week was THE BEST EVER!!! :joshsmith:

I am there for dive #2. I've talked Lynne into joining me, so that she can help me practice skilz for the "blue gloves of death" when I take T2. ...now that I've heard Joe is going to help out on the class, I'm really worried!!!!

Lauri

I just offered to help if an extra person is needed. Brian hasn't gotten back to me on that yet. Besides Lauri, it can't be any worse than diving with me normally is!
Not just front page famous, but above the fold famous...

Waiting for your AIDS test results is no time to be thinking positive.
ldevore
Compulsive Diver

Post by ldevore »

Fishstiq wrote:
ldevore wrote:Yeah, there have been some good MMM's in the past, but last week was THE BEST EVER!!! :joshsmith:

Lauri

I just offered to help if an extra person is needed. Brian hasn't gotten back to me on that yet. Besides Lauri, it can't be any worse than diving with me normally is!
...just more witness to the death and destruction. :eek:
johnclark
Aquaphile

Post by johnclark »

I plan on making Dive 1, 2, and 3.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I'm going to be there with a California guest, to practice midwater bottle skills with Lauri -- should be some great comic relief. (Me, not Lauri -- I haven't had doubles on since we got home from Mexico in June.)
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
BillyD
Frequent Bubbler

Post by BillyD »

I have not been to MMM yet but I am going to come for the second and possibly third dive tonight. I have been looking forward to diving Mukilteo, and I'm pumped to soak it up with some divers who know the site :) Can't wait!
Plan the dive, dive the plan. Unless you see something really cool...
Jeff2Dive
Avid Diver

Post by Jeff2Dive »

looks like the second dive for me... perhaps ... really busy at work today.. almost at 12 hrs. so maybe I'll cya.. gota go home first to get my gear.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Well, both of my buddies bailed on me, and my back is killing me from chopping blackberries all afternoon, so I'm staying home.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
ldevore
Compulsive Diver

Post by ldevore »

Sorry for bailing on you Lynne:(. I was really looking forward to diving this evening - sometimes the cards just don't play out the way you want them to.
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

LCF wrote:Well, both of my buddies bailed on me, and my back is killing me from chopping blackberries all afternoon, so I'm staying home.
I'd have been your buddy, Lynn! Plus, John showed with your weasel. Good thing you aren't my size ;)
johnclark
Aquaphile

Post by johnclark »

Had a great dive with Paulicarp and BillyD. Big thanks to Paulicarp for teaching me how to use my long hose. We did some S drills (correct term?) and it was awesome! He also let me try his scooter. For that I hate him because I now want one. :penelope:
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

johnclark wrote:Had a great dive with Paulicarp and BillyD. Big thanks to Paulicarp for teaching me how to use my long hose. We did some S drills (correct term?) and it was awesome! He also let me try his scooter. For that I hate him because I now want one. :penelope:
I beleive that the MMM Sticky does warn of the likelihood of gear envy. Watch out soon you will be compulsively watching Deco Stop for can lights and other goodies.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

LOL, that's why the first hit is free! :calvin: Don't blame me tho, you were already on the express lanes to the dark side :blackblink:
ldevore
Compulsive Diver

Post by ldevore »

Paulicarp wrote:LOL, that's why the first hit is free! :calvin: Don't blame me tho, you were already on the express lanes to the dark side :blackblink:
Beware, the MMM crew has a reputation for being scuba crack dealers! No wonder the police regularly patrol the parking lot!

(FYI - with the help of my instructor, I was able to convince my spouse that I needed the scooter for "safety" purposes. Hey, it worked, just sayin! :supz: )