Clear Lake Aug 20th

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Gooch
Submariner

Clear Lake Aug 20th

Post by Gooch »

We are diving Clear Lake as part of the shop trip from Seven Seas Scuba- it would be cool to see some of ya there if possible. It will include (but not limited to) high altitude diving, pictures of such, friendly camaraderie, BBQ and drink, and if you are intrepid enough to stay the evening, cigars and scotch while we figure out the worlds issues over the campfire. I've solved them a million times before and I will do it again and again. Anyway- good folks and dives await if you can make it. Thanks! Pat
http://nwdivers.me/blog/ Original articles and dive reports from local divers in the Vancouver, WA area. Suggestions for stories or your own reports are welcome!

Scube_Noob
Avid Diver

Re: Clear Lake Aug 20th

Post by Scube_Noob »

I would love to do this, but my weekend is booked. Hope to catch you guys next time around....if posted a few weeks in advance, I could fit it into my schedule.

Sounds like a blast...especially solving the worlds problems.
We can head up north if that's the place to catch "non-polluted" crab. I don't want to grow a 3rd nipple or anything.
-Aaron-
Dive-aholic

Post by -Aaron- »

Looks like I am going to head out from Corvallis and join you guys at Clear Lake tomorrow :). I'm cooking up some meatball appetizers now :). I've never dove with the Seven Seas Scuba group, looking forward to meeting some new people. I've been in Clear Lake a few times before, but this will be my first time with a video camera, hopefully I can get some cool footage, I think we are in for a beautiful day. If you have never been to the area it is worth cruising down the road to Sahalie Falls as well.
-Aaron-
Dive-aholic

Post by -Aaron- »

Had a couple of great dives at Clear Lake. Big thanks to the group from Seven Seas Scuba for putting everything together. I met a lot of nice people and had a fun day. I have to hand it to my dives buddies, touring Clear Lake can be quite the swim, but they did great and were even wearing wetsuits in the 40 something degree water :O Made me feel like a wimp in my dry gloves :P. The video I shot came out really nice. I put together an quick album with some video stills until I get a chance to get things edited. You can check it out here if you are interested:

Clear Lake August 2011: http://goo.gl/QPlTM
Gooch
Submariner

Post by Gooch »

It was a good set of dives there; the viz on the north end was really good. Aaron, I'm not sure if we met- I think we did. You may have been the gentleman from Corvallis I remember met us at the Newport fingers a few years ago too. I was hanging out with the tall redhead- Dea (wife and manager of the Seven Seas Scuba shop). It was (as usual) a great weekend with good diving, good food and friends and camping.
Attachments
clear lake 006.jpg
clear lake 008.jpg
clear lake 011.jpg
clear lake 023.jpg
clear lake 026.jpg
clear lake 028.jpg
clear lake 051.jpg
clear lake 067.jpg
clear lake 072.jpg
clear lake 102.jpg
clear lake 126.jpg
http://nwdivers.me/blog/ Original articles and dive reports from local divers in the Vancouver, WA area. Suggestions for stories or your own reports are welcome!