MMM 9/26

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

MMM 9/26

Post by Nwbrewer »

Anybody in for MMM this week?

Dive 1 - 4:00 Splash
Dive2 - 6:30 Splash
Dive3 - at the brewery after Dive 2

I'm a maybe for dive 1 due to anticipated baby arrival, but I notice there are some folks form out of town looking to dive, so I thought I'd start a thread for this week. Please post up if you are going to be there.

Jake
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Mortuus
Amphibian

Re: MMM 9/26

Post by Mortuus »

Out of town diver reporting in. Id love to go diving this monday. Ive never had the opportunity to dive the puget sound yet however, so i dont know where any of the sites are.
Peter Guy
Compulsive Diver

Post by Peter Guy »

Jake, I'm trying to convince a few of my AOW students to get some dive time. Would you have a problem of diving with a dry suit newbie?
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Peter Guy wrote:Jake, I'm trying to convince a few of my AOW students to get some dive time. Would you have a problem of diving with a dry suit newbie?
MMM is all about newbie's! As long as they don't mind staying shallow it should be fun. I think I'll be single tank al80 SM tomorrow though.

Anybody willing to bring me an HP 100 to try?

Jake
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Kelvininin
Avid Diver

Post by Kelvininin »

I am out of town for work, otherwise I would be in...
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Post by Fishstiq »

I'm going to try to make dive 2, but I can't promise. Stupid job.... 80% chance I'm there.
Not just front page famous, but above the fold famous...

Waiting for your AIDS test results is no time to be thinking positive.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Im coming out.. Need to dive since sat was a bust... I will be there for both.. And beer
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by trevorrowe »

I plan to be there for #2-3.
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

I will be there for all 3 I believe. However I've had a bit of a cold recently, but it seems to be going away. Hopefully my sinuses will allow me to dive. I guess ill rent 2 more tanks and hope for the best
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Mortuus wrote:I will be there for all 3 I believe. However I've had a bit of a cold recently, but it seems to be going away. Hopefully my sinuses will allow me to dive. I guess ill rent 2 more tanks and hope for the best
To be clear, dive 3 does not require a tank. Only a credit card or cash.

Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Why does it not require a tank?
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Mortuus wrote:Why does it not require a tank?
It's only referred to as dive 3. Some of the those participating in dive 2 head to the Diamond Knot Brewery across the street from the dive site for some post dive beverages.

trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by trevorrowe »

See http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12412 for more information about MMM. But yeah, nwbrewer is right. Dive #3 is at the local pub next to the site.
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Ahhh I see
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

I'm just realizing I made a serious error when I agreed to go on a date tonight. I'm missing my MMM buddies.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

I think I can make it. Jake, I should have an hp100 for you
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:I think I can make it. Jake, I should have an hp100 for you
Suh-weet! Thanks man.

finnegankp
Dive-aholic

Post by finnegankp »

Damn! I knew I should have drove into work today! Totally forgot it was MMM... Ugh... Guess this just adds to my case of the Monday's. I'll be there next week for sure Jake!!
To dive? Or not to dive?... the latter is irrelevant! Get in the water!
2loud4u
Compulsive Diver

Post by 2loud4u »

I should be there around 5... I will toss in my HP100 just in case its needed. I don't have a primary light though, if anyone has an extra?? If not I will just use my backup.

Brendan
FTM ~ PTB ~ EGH ~ RFB ~ KTF ~ DTRT
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Thank you all for showing me a new dive site, and for leading me on my first dive in the Sound. Jake, Matt, Chris, i remembered your names. Hopefully I will be back up in the area pretty soon. Id love to do more diving around here.

-Dylan
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Mortuus wrote:Thank you all for showing me a new dive site, and for leading me on my first dive in the Sound. Jake, Matt, Chris, i remembered your names. Hopefully I will be back up in the area pretty soon. Id love to do more diving around here.

-Dylan

Glad you had a good time. Maybe next time we'll find you an octopus.

For the record, single tank sidemounting an HP 100 = FAIL.

trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by trevorrowe »

Oh man, epic dive 2. My first dive in about 6 weeks (due to the new baby and other circumstances). Forgot my hood, had a substantial hole in my wrist seal (completely flooded), etc. The awesome part was the bio-lumiesence. Oh, my, word. Matt and I basically shut off our lights and scootered around for 20 mins. It was so vivid, bright, almost like a laser show. I can't even explain how awesome it was.

Best MMM dive evar!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

the bio lumens were insane ... !!!!!!! new depth record for me 129 feet ... and 12 mins of Deco .. WOOT WOOT
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen