MMM 12-5-11 Anybody in?

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

MMM 12-5-11 Anybody in?

Post by Nwbrewer »

Ross and I thought we should try and get this out there earlier than the MMM threads have been getting posted to try and get some interest. These dives are always more fun when we can put a good group together.

For those unfamiliar with MMM, please see this thread - http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12412

Open to all skill levels, depths typically range from 30-70 with some folks doing deeper dives on occasion. I know there's some newer divers an the board lately, please feel free to come down and dive with us.

First Dive 4:00 Splash
Second Dive 6:30 Splash
Third Dive across the street at the Diamond Knot

I'm in for Dive 1, anybody else?

Jake
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Re: MMM 12-5-11 Anybody in?

Post by Paulicarp »

I'm in for all 3 :partydance: oh yeah!
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

I'm going to try to make it -- I've got Monday and Tuesday off right now!!
trevorrowe
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by trevorrowe »

Life is back to a certain level of normalcy, count me in for dive #2 and the Knot.
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

I'm looking forward to it and will be meeting Jake for first dive. I had a cold that kept me out of the water last week. I'll bring my laptop full of Alaska photos for the DK.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Maxtrax
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Maxtrax »

Definitely count me in for the second (and third) dive. I will try to make the first as well but am leaving on an ice climbing trip on the 7th and Monday is my only day to pack and run errands for that. Fyi, I am AOW cert, comfortable at night and to 100ft but only have 15 dives and have never been to Muk before.

Max
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

:supz: Monday Muk Madness to the MAX! :supz:
2loud4u
Compulsive Diver

Post by 2loud4u »

I am in for # 2 for sure, maybe the other ones as well.
FTM ~ PTB ~ EGH ~ RFB ~ KTF ~ DTRT
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Seven peeps so far. Damn! So tempting...... I have yet to get my new BP and wing set up wet.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

coulterboy wrote:Seven peeps so far. Damn! So tempting...... I have yet to get my new BP and wing set up wet.
Yes, you do! What did you get? (you proly already posted that, but I missed it)
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

I guess I really have to show up. I still have a lot of NW Dive Club stickers I need to give away.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

coulterboy wrote:I guess I really have to show up. I still have a lot of NW Dive Club stickers I need to give away.
Dibs on 1 of them!

Looks like a good turnout!
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

It looks like I'm going to be helping coulterboy figure out weighting and trim in his BP/W setup. I'm happy to help other folks fine tune (or gross tune) their weighting and trim too. For that matter if one is curious and asked nicely I'm sure we could come up with a long hose reg set or backplate & wing BC to try out. You have to be careful though, hanging out with this crowd will have you lusting after can lights and scooters.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Nwbrewer wrote:
coulterboy wrote:I guess I really have to show up. I still have a lot of NW Dive Club stickers I need to give away.
Dibs on 1 of them!

Looks like a good turnout!
You got it Jake.
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

renoun wrote:It looks like I'm going to be helping coulterboy figure out weighting and trim in his BP/W setup. I'm happy to help other folks fine tune (or gross tune) their weighting and trim too. For that matter if one is curious and asked nicely I'm sure we could come up with a long hose reg set or backplate & wing BC to try out. You have to be careful though, hanging out with this crowd will have you lusting after can lights and scooters.
Oooh, while you're at it, can I try a pair of the "Renoun signature" latex surgical gloves and a pair of self doffing fins? :smt064
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Looks like Joe, April, Cory, Christina, Rachel, Greg, Linda and I will be in...

...the water in Maui on Monday. Have fun at the MUK. We'll try to enjoy ourselves despite the awsome viz and 80 deg water.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:Looks like Joe, April, Cory, Christina, Rachel, Greg, Linda and I will be in...
...the water in Maui on Monday. Have fun at the MUK. We'll try to enjoy ourselves despite the awsome viz and 80 deg water.

We all hate you now....

H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Dive 2 will b xscooters...
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
vlad
Aquaphile

Post by vlad »

I'll try to make it for all three. It's been a long time. Got a few new toys to get wet...
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

All right...I am embarking on my quest for an airfill, a Target, three black buttons, and two dives...it's like living on a freaking island over here sometimes...

Aiming to be there around 3 -- see you all there!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Trev says he is going for the diet coke challenge tonight..
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Maxtrax
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Maxtrax »

Alright, looks like I will be able to make both dives and my dive buddy Mack will be there for the second as well.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Awesome crowd and a fun dive last night!

Thanks Maxtrax for buddying up with the goofy Sidemount diver, Tom for shooting some vid of the goofy sidemount diver, and to the Doc for finding my first Lumpy sighting!

Hopefully we can repeat next week.

Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

Nwbrewer wrote:Hopefully we can repeat next week.

repeat all except the epic fail of my neck seal :angry:
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Paulicarp wrote:
Nwbrewer wrote:Hopefully we can repeat next week.

repeat all except the epic fail of my neck seal :angry:
Thanks for the short tow Pauli.