I want to dive on Thursday, preferably at night.

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Re: I want to dive on Thursday, preferably at night.

Post by cardiver »

Jeff Pack wrote:What you need and what I need are differnt. Please accept that and move on.
I think that you need to quit asking for advice from people, Jeff. You seem to be the type of person who will ask for advice and then decide that your way is better.........Always.
If you do show up tomorrow night with a bright light to use while gearing up, please keep it covered so you do not screw up our night vision.
Being an ex seal, I'm sure that you know about light discipline..................
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Im bringin cigars, lots of singles, and 3 escourt girls...
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

H20doctor wrote:Im bringin cigars, lots of singles, and 3 escourt girls...
Just don't slam my head into a tailgate again.........
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

H20doctor wrote:Im bringin cigars, lots of singles, and 3 escourt girls...
no disco ball?
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Grateful Diver wrote:I don't know if it's still the case, but the renters in the house next to the parking area were very anti-diver not all that long ago.

... Bob (Grateful DIver)
Maybe because a lot of divers pee on their yard.
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Jeremy wrote:
Grateful Diver wrote:I don't know if it's still the case, but the renters in the house next to the parking area were very anti-diver not all that long ago.

... Bob (Grateful DIver)
It sure would be nice if the city would put a Honey Bucket down there.................
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

cardiver wrote:
Jeremy wrote:

... Bob (Grateful DIver)
It sure would be nice if the city would put a Honey Bucket down there.................
Indeed! with all the walkers, fishermen and divers not to mention the maint crews I'm surprised that they haven't. Maybe if the divers that use the spot all the time would offer to help deffer the cost????? They can't be that expensive.
Last edited by Dusty2 on Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Dusty2 wrote:
cardiver wrote:
Jeremy wrote:

... Bob (Grateful DIver)
Indeed! with all the walkers, fishermen and divers not to mention the maint crews I'm surprised that they haven't.
I would guess that Three Tree gets more than ten times the traffic (conservative estimate) than a place like Sunrise gets and there has been a Honey Bucket there since I started diving in '93.........
Me and a couple of buddies even had to disassemble the HB there one time while searching for a divers car keys......
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

cardiver wrote:
Dusty2 wrote:
cardiver wrote:
Jeremy wrote:

... Bob (Grateful DIver)
Indeed! with all the walkers, fishermen and divers not to mention the maint crews I'm surprised that they haven't.
I would guess that Three Tree gets more than ten times the traffic (conservative estimate) than a place like Sunrise gets and there has been a Honey Bucket there since I started diving in '93.........
Me and a couple of buddies even had to disassemble the HB there one time while searching for a divers car keys......
EEEEWWW! :vom:
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

[sarcasm][/sarcasm]I have a suggestion folks. Just use the "clapper" or something like this. [sarcasm][/sarcasm]

:rofl:
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

cardiver wrote:Me and a couple of buddies even had to disassemble the HB there one time while searching for a divers car keys......
Omg, did you find them????? Yuk : (-
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

On a jobsite once, I watched one of our hispanic laborers dig his cell phone out of one he'd accidentally dropped inside.

No one ever again asked to borrow his phone...

Rob3
Avid Diver

Post by Rob3 »

Hey I was looking at using the spare time in-between dives to tune up my skills so I was wondering would it be alright to bring the rest of my mariachi band there to practice with. We can use Jeff's generator to power the Keith's bass. And I know so before it is said the trumpets are the really quiet ones, and the violins have built in silencers. Thanks for any advice you guys have, but they are coming either way.

El Rob :extinguishflame:
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

Dusty2 wrote: Indeed! with all the walkers, fishermen and divers not to mention the maint crews I'm surprised that they haven't. Maybe if the divers that use the spot all the time would offer to help deffer the cost????? They can't be that expensive.

Around 200-400$ a month, depending on service (weekly, bi weekly, monthly) and length of contract.

Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

Rob3 wrote:Hey I was looking at using the spare time in-between dives to tune up my skills so I was wondering would it be alright to bring the rest of my mariachi band there to practice with. We can use Jeff's generator to power the Keith's bass. And I know so before it is said the trumpets are the really quiet ones, and the violins have built in silencers. Thanks for any advice you guys have, but they are coming either way.

El Rob :extinguishflame:
my 600w would be woefully inadequate, but my ungodly loud 6500w Honda would do that, plus run Christmas lights. Now if you really wanna party, I've a 40kw trailer mounted unit, with that, you've got a block party.
:dj:

Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Don't know if I'll dive or not, but thought I might swing by in my Honda S2000 and let everyone hear how awesome the engine sounds at 8000 RPMs! That baby just screams performance. Sounds awesome when I have my bass woofers pumped all the way up too.

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole neighborhood comes outside to check it out. Then when they go back in we can all have a group pee on the hedges...Yee haw!!
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Diver_C wrote:
cardiver wrote:Me and a couple of buddies even had to disassemble the HB there one time while searching for a divers car keys......
Omg, did you find them????? Yuk : (-
Yes we did!
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Dusty2 wrote:
cardiver wrote:
Jeremy wrote:

... Bob (Grateful DIver)
Indeed! with all the walkers, fishermen and divers not to mention the maint crews I'm surprised that they haven't. Maybe if the divers that use the spot all the time would offer to help deffer the cost????? They can't be that expensive.
Well I am having to rent one as we speak from a place called B & W portable toilets and it cost $75 a month and they service it every other week. it also comes with a hand sanitizer.... :smt064
Jeff Castor
Mateo1147
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Mateo1147 »

I used a three foot long piece of conduit and loop of twine to fish a radio out of a sanican for a coworker when I was overseas. They told him he had to find it for security reasons and he refused. So to keep him from getting fired I found it for him without getting any closer to it than the end of the conduit. He was my best buddy the rest of the time I was there!
:toimonster:
You breath like a girl! -Blaiz
I thought she was right until I dove with eliseaboo!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Hey, I use my own truck tire!

First Splash, 7:30 pm :smt064

[sarcasm]Hope the weather isn't going to scare anybody away from this dive[/sarcasm]

Seriously, I think it might be cold and blowing tomorrow night and as the news put it... "A little showerery"

Depending on the wind, I might put up my ( non-motorized) 10 X 10 canopy complete with it's own light. :supz:

Jeff, there should be plenty of light, but you can bring extra, in case you still need it. :highfive:

Keith.
Hey, I think my sarcasm button worked. :taco:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

I won't make it quite in time for the 7:30 splash. I'll probably be able to make it to the site between 7 and 7:30 depending on traffic, so maybe you fine people wouldn't mind waiting on the poor gal driving two hours to join you? :P I've consulted my dive buddies in WI, and they deem it appropriate to drive two hours for a good saltwater dive -- we've driven further for less in the midwest :nutty:
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Mateo1147 ,
It was great meeting and diving with you! Hope to do it again some time! :highfive:

Keith.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz: