Club dive! Club dive! Club dive! SUNDAY February 19!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Jared
Frequent Bubbler

Re: Club dive! Club dive! Club dive! SUNDAY February 19!

Post by Jared »

they'll have to shut down I-5 to stop me.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Ill be there as well, shooting for the 9 am mark.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Jared wrote:they'll have to shut down I-5 to stop me.
That's the spirit!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Maxtrax
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Maxtrax »

Update - will definitely be there tomorrow, will shoot for 9, maybe 9:15 arrival. Will have 3 friends with me - planning to dive as two sets of two but if there is an odd person out I'm sure we would be fine taking on a third with one of our pairs. I think all three of them will be taking off after the second dive and I am hoping to stick around for the third so will be in need of a buddy for that.

-Max
Blow-N-Bubbles
Aquaphile

Post by Blow-N-Bubbles »

Out of curiosity, is this the size of most club dives ?? Good thing Sund Rock wasn't the dive site !! Maybe we should have Wal-Mart build next to the water so we have a larger parking lot, followed by Starbucks, Subway and a Brew Pub !!

Actually I'll settle for great weather and SAFE diving with everyone today !!
“From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free.”
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

We've maxed out Sund Rock before ... and last summer we had something like 60-70 people at Redondo.

For those showing up later, try parking on the little road directly across from Salty's. It turns left after about a hundred feet and runs parallel to the main road in front of the apartment complex ... and there's usually street parking available there even on busy days when everything else is taken. It's also an easier walk to the north beach.

All is quiet here ... there's not a breath of wind, and it's not raining. In fact, I just looked up and could see stars ... the few clouds up there definitely don't look like rain clouds.

Looks like it's gonna be a nice day ... see y'all in a few hours ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Woohoo! Let's go diving!
mancub
Dive-aholic

Post by mancub »

Thanks for the weather report Bob! I'm up and ready to start the day, looking forward to logging some dives.
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

Just about to roll out of PT! About 15 minutes later than hoped, but that's still 5 minutes earlier than anticipated! See you all soon!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Who all is staying for a third dive?

I can't be there in the morning but might head up in the afternoon.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

We'll be there. Late start.

D
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

I just got here looks like its gonna b a nice day

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
spudgunman
Compulsive Diver

Post by spudgunman »

Doh! Work has been crazy and I totally missed this...bummed see you all at the next one! Hope it was a good day
Kelly(boy)
_____
Per TOS: I explicitly ask you to feel free to criticize me constructively or just because you want to pick on me.
wa_divergal
Frequent Bubbler

Post by wa_divergal »

Sitting at the airport in Vancouver BC. Looking forward to trying for the next one.
Any girl can be glamorous. All you have to do is stand still and look stupid.
Hedy Lamarr
json
Aquaphile

Post by json »

Great dives good to meet everyone.
Procastination is like masterbaition,it's all good until you realize your only screwing yourself!
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Great conditions for the dive! No wind, moderate temperatures, a lot of light for an overcast day, and glorious viz. Thank you, Roxndox, for the opportunity to play with my videography skills, and thanks to everyone who brought the fantastic food. I want the recipe for that black bean/bulgur wheat tabbouleh-type salad!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

What a great turnout! Between the cup of coffee bars, lumpia, bean dip, salads, hot dogs, krispy kremes, cookies, coconut cake, etc., I'm not sure I could have fit into my dry suit! I am so glad to finally put some faces to some avatars, and to meet some new people!

Whoever brought the rice crispy treats in the tupperware thingy, I have it and will gladly return it to you.

Magoi, several people have asked about your salad recipe. Would you please share?

And many thanks to everyone who made it out today, who expanded my waistline brought yummy food, to those who helped set up and break down, woman the grill, keep things in order, willingly loaned out gear, were big and little buddies, and to everyone for providing great company and great stories!
Magoi
Dive-aholic

Post by Magoi »

Great day for my first club dive. Enjoyed the food and company, weather was perfect, and the viz was great. Saw a 1/2 inch stubby squid, 1 inch grunt sculpin, red irish lord, and even one of the Redondo lumpies. http://www.nwdiveclub.com/posting.php?m ... =3&t=17273#

Sent the recipe for the black beans and couscous to Penny - she offered to send it to those who asked (like LCF).

Larry
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.
LadyGoDiver
Frequent Bubbler

Post by LadyGoDiver »

Right on, Pen! Well planned and organized by you so a HUGE thanks and much gratitude go your way.

I'm already planning my contribution for the next event...
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Another Great Club Dive even though I wasn't diving... It was Great to meet new folks and see the ones I've met already!
Thanks Dusty for the new light, can hardly wait the couple weeks till I'm cleared to dive again...

Awesome Food and Awesome Friends!!!
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

What a great event, it was cool to meet some of you and put faces to names on this board. Great eats, socializing, and diving. Thanks Pen, and everyone else who contributed to this. Cant wait until the next one!
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

Things I learned today:

1. People refer to me using some form of the phrase "bubble face"
2. What a musical block is
3. Many people's names which I promptly forgot or re-issued (such as Todd -- what a great guy whose name I will absolutely never forget...)
4. There are lots of little animals in the water right now which are SO. CUTE.
5. That I *can* actually have a successful club dive -- third time's a charm!!

Thanks Penelope, once again a great Club Dive, Club Dive, Club Dive!! :supz:
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Many thanks to our cruise director Penny for all the effort to make this a great club dive! :joshsmith: :joshsmith: :joshsmith:

Lots of meets and greets of people whos names I will never remember, unless you dive with me 30 or 40 times. Lots of new enthusiastic faces and old friends too.

A fun time for most except a few suit floods which sent people home early. :eek:

Good job everyone, even the weatherman who did an excellent job of getting rid of yesterdays horrible weather!

:taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco:
RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

Thank you Madame Cruise Director - you did a wonderful job again! Two great dives, great food, great fun all around... Thanks to Lynne for frogkicking lesson and video :) And to Mike P for just poking around takin' pictures! I saw my first juvie wolf eel (cute) and first Lumpy too. A great day...

Jim
<Penopolypants> "I, for one, would welcome our new cowboy octopus overlords."
<LCF> "There is ALWAYS another day to dive, as long as you get home today."