Wacky Wednesday West 3/14

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
seainggreen
Dive-aholic

Wacky Wednesday West 3/14

Post by seainggreen »

That's right ladies and gents, boys and girls, we are once again doing a twofer Wednesday dive-fest.

First crew will be meeting up at 4pm.

Second crew will be meeting up at 6:30pm.

And some souls that are heartier than myself will be doing both dives. :)

Sorry for the late notice... day job... busy week... but c'mon out. My gear is loaded and ready so that I can go straight from work for hydrotherapy!

Happy diving,
laurynn
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln, 1809 - 1865
Seainggreen Productions, LLC
bucknaked
Submariner

Re: Wacky Wednesday West 3/14

Post by bucknaked »

And that is cove two correct
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

It is, indeed! We had a great turnout last week, and hope for the same again. I'll be making both dives -- let me know if anybody needs a can light, because Peter's will be up for grabs.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
bucknaked
Submariner

Post by bucknaked »

I will be seeing y'all tomorrow then.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Yaay! Thanks Laurynn!

I'm planning to be there tomorrow evening for dive no2 at 6:30pm for sure!! :joshsmith:

If anyone needs any last minute gear, let me know!

Koos
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

See you there for dive 2!
Kelly
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

One of these days, I will be there. I promise!!!

D
Cmjstealth
Avid Diver

Post by Cmjstealth »

Mind if I drop by? I'm kind of excited about trying a proof of concept of my underwater image map idea: http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php ... 41#p206830

Anyone want to help? I imagine most folks probably want to go explore, which is probably more fun, and understandable. If this is the case I can take some test photos from the shallows afterwards.
bucknaked
Submariner

Post by bucknaked »

Look for the.poo truck
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Lovely dive this afternoon with cmjstealth and Alexandra. Viz was surprisingly good for a very low tide, and we moseyed along at photographer speed, which made me happy. It would have made me happier, had I been able to figure out before the dive was half over that the reason I wasn't getting any pictures was because the sync cord had come out of its socket :)

Thanks to everybody who braved the wind, the rain and the dark to come out tonight!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Cmjstealth
Avid Diver

Post by Cmjstealth »

Uploaded a handful of pictures and a couple video clips from today here: https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?ci ... 2A46E!3751

Let me know if the link doesn't work. :popcorn: Had fun, thanks for the dive today folks!

LCF: In the beginning of the video you look like a deer frozen in the headlights of a oncoming car. Hope I didn't blind you with my video lights for the rest of the dive #-o
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I do! I look like I'm on Quaaludes :) I think I was just truly amazed at the amount of light those little LEDs were putting out.

I LOVE the 4th photo, the one of the metridiums, where you used a high shutter speed to get the black background. I keep trying to get a picture of those beautiful things that I'm happy with, and what I want is very much like what you got there.

I was wondering what you were so earnestly photographing in the silt there, at about 25 minutes or so . . . LOVE the capture of the behavior between the little sculpin and the tiny octo. Who'd a thunk it?

Fun dive. Let's do it again. Next time, I'll bag my pathetic attempts at photography, and spot for you!
bucknaked
Submariner

Post by bucknaked »

Nice pics lets do it again
seainggreen
Dive-aholic

Post by seainggreen »

Tons of fun, and I was so glad vis opened up and played nicely. :) A nice dive always makes a tough work-day and craptastic weather seem like minor bumps in the road.

It was great meeting so many new folks. We had a great crew out for dive 1 and then there were many, many folks getting geared up for dive two. Sorry I couldn't stick around... I just got to say hi to everyone and oogle some new toys before I had to scoot on home. Can't wait for next week!

Happy diving,
Laurynn
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln, 1809 - 1865
Seainggreen Productions, LLC
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

"oogle" -- love your coinage! Ogling and oohing at the same time!