4-20 Dive, Pizza, and Beer!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

It has been about 2 years since I dove Cove 2. It is going to be fun!

Sounder...pair me up with someone who is diving the I-Beams. I would love to diving them again. If my sister doesn't join us, I will have her big tank with 30% EAN so I will be a happy diver \:D/
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Cool - I'm sure there will be a group headed down there seeking a Blondie visit. I figure we'll just sort out the groups when we get there to keep it easy and unofficial... keeping in the true spirit of NWDC.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

Just wanted to bump this a little bit. I didn't want people to forget about the pizza and beer this Friday. ](*,) Did anyone bother to make those reservations, and do we even know how many people are definitely coming for diving / pizza & beer, or both?
I don't mind losing, but I do mind sucking!
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

About the food, my suggestion is is, before the hoard jumps into the water, take a head count as to who is actually going to make it to Pegasus, then make a quick phone call to them to reserve enough chairs for 90 minutes later. :occasion5:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

That's kind of what I was thinking too Rich - I've let them know a large group is coming but we'll give them a firm head count then.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

I'm in Georgia on a family emergency and won't be able to make it. I was really looking forward to putting some faces with some user names.

:(
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

That's ok, we'll see you in May! Hope all is well and our thoughts are with you.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

We have reservations for dinner - sounds like we're in our own room divided amongst a few different tables. Pegasus Pizza is on the water west of Cove 2 (from the parking lot, hang a right to go to the pizza joint) - you can't miss it and I expect most folks will caravan anyway. Parking is on the street or in the neighborhood streets nearby - pay attention to the no parking signs, driveways, and fire hydrants... they do tow.

For dinner, please bring cash as it makes paying the tabs SO much easier. $20-30 per person should more than cover everything.

We're looking forward to seeing everyone between 6:00pm and 6:30pm at Cove 2. Tom Nic and I will be there a bit earlier and I think a splash time around 7:15pm will be perfect (which leaves us room for running late... which, knowing divers, we very well may).

We'll break up into small groups based on comfort level and training, ensure everyone has a buddy, and the groups will set their dive plan. Remember BDub and Grateful Diver's rule of thumb: "Don't dive deeper in feet than you have cubic feet of air on your back."

I'm really looking forward to Friday. We've got a awesome group and it's going to be great... I just can't figure out whether the dive or the dinner will be better!

:wav:
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

My friend Jackie is going to be on shore support and can get to the restaurant a bit early to make sure "all is well."

Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
lundysd
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by lundysd »

Well hell, how can I pass up diving pizza AND beer? I can't :)

I only know a few of you thus far, but I will hopefully meet many more this Friday at the Office for some fun.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Okay its official!
Myself and Mouse will be there for the dive & Pizza!
Mouse and I will be staying realativly shallow, working on some skills.
It's been a while since Mouse has been in the water.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Cheng and I will definitely be there for both the diving and the pizza.

... Bob
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Glad you can join us Scott! It'll be great to meet you in person and I'm sure you'll enjoy the group.

Tomorrow night! :partyman:
lamont
I've Got Gills

Post by lamont »

Sounder wrote: Who else is coming?!?! :bounce:
I'm thinking about it...
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Come on Lamont! Lundy will be in doubles as will Diver C and RSDancy! Who knows - Grateful Diver might be sporting his new twins!

We'd love to have you join us Lamont, and I hope you'll come. I mean come on, what else are you really going to do on a Friday night? :partyman:
RDW
Aquaphile

Post by RDW »

Ah, what the heck...
I still have a few hours left on the last load of 'sorb. I'll join in too.
Anybody else showing up diving CCR?
Randy Williams

"Man who say it cannot be done should not bother man who is doing it."
backwash
Avid Diver

Post by backwash »

I'm sorry something came up.... I too will be making like a tree and leaving... see you all next month
Adventure is just bad planning.

"Ronald Amudsen"
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Cheng's decided not to dive (she will be showing up for the pizza, though).

So I'll need a dive buddy. I'll be diving my doubles and EAN32.

Doug, what time should I tell Cheng to drop by for the pizza?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Well Bob, I sure hope we can find someone willing to dive with you. If nobody else will, I GUESS I can be bothered to do it. :smt064 I bet Mr. Randy (is your better half coming?) would be a good buddy if y'all er runnin' them double tanker thangs. Scott, Rich, and Ryan will all most likely be with twins and RDW would be an easy addition there too. :rr:

With a target splash time of 7:15pm, I'm hoping folks will be headed to Pegasus between 8:30pm and 9pm. Reservations are for 9pm-ish. Mmmm.... pizza! \:D/ :bounce: Erica will be staying dry and would happily keep Cheng company while we're out. :partyman:

Andy - we'll miss you. :toimonster: Hopefully next time you can escape that damn toilet monster so you can make it for both diving and pizza! :bounce:

I don't know if anyone else will be on CCR however there is talk of the cute couple from NWSD making an appearance on OC doing a little "Monkey Diving." :naka: Junior is in for a surprise! :smt119

Finally, Tom Nic and I will be there most of the day starting around noon. We'd love to have company before the 6:30pm meet time for an earlier dive so come one come all!

If anyone needs directions or anything else, give me a buzz (206-919-5545). If neither Tom or I answer, we're underwater... or we just don't want to talk to you. :bootyshake:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

lamont wrote:
I'm thinking about it...
Lamont?
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Post by WylerBear »

Wish I could be there but we have John Prine here tonight. Have a great dive everyone and don't eat too much pizza!
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

BbbleMkr you got room on your buddy team? I think I can make it.

Richard
lamont
I've Got Gills

Post by lamont »

Sounder wrote:
lamont wrote:
I'm thinking about it...
Lamont?
~2000 psi of EAN32 in double-130s. pass on the pizza though.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

lamont wrote:
Sounder wrote:
lamont wrote:
I'm thinking about it...
Lamont?
~2000 psi of EAN32 in double-130s. pass on the pizza though.
I'll dive with ya ... by the time you get there I'll have about 2,000 psi in my double 100's. That's enough for one helluva dive ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Wish I could join you guys, but I have to save my gas for videotaping tomorrow . . . If I hadn't worked all night last night, I'd come for the pizza. I'm a grass widow tonight while Peter's at class.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames