Going To Shelton This Weekend** Aug 3-5 ** Need INFO!!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
scubnewb
Compulsive Diver

Going To Shelton This Weekend** Aug 3-5 ** Need INFO!!

Post by scubnewb »

Hey Dive Buddies,

I will be spending the weeeknd at a family members beach house this coming weekend and was looking to find out as much as I can about diving around the shelton area. Looking for locations and dive buddies as nobody in my family besides me dives :calvin:

Anyhow if people in the area of shelton or that have experience in the area or surrounding areas as well can give me some info such as LDS, dive sights, advice, and anything else you think I need to know, I am all ears.

Thanks Friends!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do."
-Confucius
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Re: Going To Shelton This Weekend** Aug 3-5 ** Need INFO!!

Post by Nwbrewer »

scubnewb wrote:Hey Dive Buddies,

I will be spending the weeeknd at a family members beach house this coming weekend and was looking to find out as much as I can about diving around the shelton area. Looking for locations and dive buddies as nobody in my family besides me dives :calvin:

Anyhow if people in the area of shelton or that have experience in the area or surrounding areas as well can give me some info such as LDS, dive sights, advice, and anything else you think I need to know, I am all ears.

Thanks Friends!
I won't be down there this weekend and haven't yet had a chance to dive down there, but when I've asked about it in the past everybody told me to just drive over to Hood Canal....

2 sites I want to dive are both boat dives, and best done on a good slack. As far as I know you're driving to capitol divers or hoodsport for fills.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
scubnewb
Compulsive Diver

Post by scubnewb »

What are the boat dive sites? i am taking both my smaller boats out there with me :-)
Nwbrewer wrote:
scubnewb wrote:Hey Dive Buddies,

Thanks Friends!
I won't be down there this weekend and haven't yet had a chance to dive down there, but when I've asked about it in the past everybody told me to just drive over to Hood Canal....

2 sites I want to dive are both boat dives, and best done on a good slack. As far as I know you're driving to capitol divers or hoodsport for fills.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do."
-Confucius
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

How far are you willing to drive from Shelton? Hammersley Inlet is not really divable with the currents, the tug/tow traffic and the depth (shallow). There's probably more than a bit of junk in Oakland bay though. Unfortunately I doubt anyone has made much of an effort to find it.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Drive and do Sund, Jorstad or Octopus Hole. If you have a boat there are a ton of sites, perhaps not close to Shelton, but more than worth the short drive.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
scubnewb
Compulsive Diver

Post by scubnewb »

Yeah i have a boat and the house is on oakland bay... willing to drive a little as well.
Tom Nic wrote:Drive and do Sund, Jorstad or Octopus Hole. If you have a boat there are a ton of sites, perhaps not close to Shelton, but more than worth the short drive.
-Confucius
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

I hardily recommend Sund rock. Just a short drive from Shelton and that makes Hoodsport n dive a must stop (parking pass)
Tends to be busy on the weekends though. http://www.pnwscuba.com/directions.htm#mikesbeach

Mikes beach and Flagpole are great if you have a boat.
This listing has links to both mikes and flagpole.
http://www.theperfectdive.com/DEF-Adver ... sp?adID=60