Boat rendezvous

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Re: Boat rendezvous

Post by Fishstiq »

I will be out of town, so I can't go and I certainly want no part in the planning of your mighty fine shindig, but what about weather? The Omar is pretty exposed, it wouldn't take a lot in the way of wind and such to really make this not so much fun.

Just sayin...
Not just front page famous, but above the fold famous...

Waiting for your AIDS test results is no time to be thinking positive.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Fishstiq wrote:I will be out of town, so I can't go and I certainly want no part in the planning of your mighty fine shindig, but what about weather? The Omar is pretty exposed, it wouldn't take a lot in the way of wind and such to really make this not so much fun.

Just sayin...
So I should cancel now?
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
HakkTW
Avid Diver

Post by HakkTW »

What time would you expect to be back at the docks in the afternoon/evening? (Wife has plans that night) If by 1700 I am in.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

I really doubt it will be after dark. So returning by 4pm at the very latest.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

I've still got drysuit issues but am happy to come run things topside if that gets a boat owner diving.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
HakkTW
Avid Diver

Post by HakkTW »

OK, I am in. Thanks for organizing this.
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Post by Fishstiq »

CaptnJack wrote:
Fishstiq wrote:I will be out of town, so I can't go and I certainly want no part in the planning of your mighty fine shindig, but what about weather? The Omar is pretty exposed, it wouldn't take a lot in the way of wind and such to really make this not so much fun.

Just sayin...
So I should cancel now?
Yes, that's exactly what I was saying.

:banghead:
Not just front page famous, but above the fold famous...

Waiting for your AIDS test results is no time to be thinking positive.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Fishstiq wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:

Just sayin...
So I should cancel now?
Yes, that's exactly what I was saying.

:banghead:
That's what I figured. I mean since you can't be there and the weather's obviously gonna be terrible. And none of us have a clue and we're all gonna die so you won't have any more buddies when you get back.
Mateo1147
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Mateo1147 »

I'm in. :supz:
You breath like a girl! -Blaiz
I thought she was right until I dove with eliseaboo!
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

I'm still in. With boat. Two spots open.

Richard and Scott, do you guys do this as a "dead boat" site or do we need to consider having a competent driver in the boat at all times? I thought that barges or possibly ships still use the mooring buoy nearby and, if so, what would be the policy should one of them come cruising up and see boats with divers down by their buoy? Let me know what you guys think.
boydski
Submariner

Post by boydski »

We should be able to anchor the boats and dive. I'll also probably have a competent captain topside that can keep an eye on things and we should be able to anchor far enough away from the barge mooring that we'll be safe (assuming the weather behaves).
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

Thanks Scott.

What's the planned meet time at the ramp? Could we do something like 9:30 or later? It helps us Oregon folks.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Yeah a dead boat is not problem here and 9:30 sounds fine to me.

I can't figure out who's going but sounds like we got space.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Unfortunately, it turns out that I'd have to be back in Portland no later than 6pm. I don't think that is likely if I'm out on the water with all of you yahoos, so I will have to skip this one.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

spatman wrote:Unfortunately, it turns out that I'd have to be back in Portland no later than 6pm. I don't think that is likely if I'm out on the water with all of you yahoos, so I will have to skip this one.
What time would you have to be back at the ramp? no later than 2pm I'd presume? We can make that.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

2:30 at the latest would probably work.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

i think we can make that, if not someone can run you back to the dock.
ORDiver
Aquanaut

Post by ORDiver »

spatman wrote:2:30 at the latest would probably work.
We can make it. We'll just make sure we're on the road on time.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Ok, I'm in. But if I'm late, I'm telling my wife to take it out on you guys.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I would like to do this, but I don't want to displace anyone who rarely gets to dive from a boat. But I would love to finally get the opportunity to dive with Scott . . .
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Seems like we have space...
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

At least as of this AM winds look to be 5 to 15 knots Saturday so we should be ok.

I can't figure out who's coming though. All in say Aye so I can double check capacity please...
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Aye! Maybe it would help to make an official list of who is coming in the OP?
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

I know the boat's and capacity, just not the divers.
We have room for about 19 total. 5 of these spaces are taken by boat owner divers. You have 1 Mortuus, Spatty is 2. Which leaves 12 spaces left. Some people chimed in awhile ago but I don't know if they are still coming. I've had a few boat changes already.
CaptnJack wrote: me 3 or 4
dalcodiver 4
Boydski 4
ORDiver 3
Don-B 4
HakkTW
Avid Diver

Post by HakkTW »

I'm in.