MMM

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Jeff2Dive
Avid Diver

MMM

Post by Jeff2Dive »

T-dock 4:00-4:30 splash.

I'm planning to be down there about 3:00 with a my new suit and hp 119 :partydance: But hoping someone could help me out to adjust my weight to get ballanced out.
Emilyrc
Dive-aholic

Re: MMM

Post by Emilyrc »

It I can find a sitter, I'm there.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Not sure why jake isnt posting weekly threads? Jake.. Paging jake.. Pauli to the main lobby ?
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Jimothy
Avid Diver

Post by Jimothy »

If my vips are done this afternoon I'll be there.
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Well, it was just me and Jeff diving the MMM tonight. That new suit looked good on you Jeff.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Jeff2Dive
Avid Diver

Post by Jeff2Dive »

Thanks Tom... was quite comfortable and warm. We had a pretty good dive. Visibility was quite good at depth, could see all the way across the dome.

Funny tho how sore I am today... 119 is a totally different animal. I can tell I should probably drop about 8 lbs atleast. It'll take a few more dives to do some adjusting, and getting used to having a bus straped to my back. What a ballancing act. :popcorn:
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Jeff2Dive wrote:
Funny tho how sore I am today... 119 is a totally different animal. I can tell I should probably drop about 8 lbs atleast. It'll take a few more dives to do some adjusting, and getting used to having a bus straped to my back. What a ballancing act. :popcorn:

What tank did you switch from? An 80? Al80's are +4.5lbs or so, your 119 is -2lbs. Drop 6 or so and you'll be good.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
thefeve
Compulsive Diver

Post by thefeve »

Was you're new suit a big change? (neoprene/tri/bilam) I was blown away how much my weight needs changed going from a neo wetsuit to a neo drysuit, to a trylam drsuit. I think i dropped about 16 lbs from diving the farmer john wetsuit, to now with the trilam drysuit.
I think you've figured out the root cause of your problems. Even sea lions get annoyed by splitfin divers silting out their dive sites. Switch back to your jets and you'll be safe from the sea lion silt prevention patrol from now on. - NWbrewer
Jeff2Dive
Avid Diver

Post by Jeff2Dive »

I went from an undersized Apollo (neoprene) to Dui FLX Extreme (tri-lam), although am using the Bare SB fleece undergarment w/o the liner. Currently Bare has stoped production on the SB suit, #-o My flx was a big change in that I was actually comfortable! :breakdance: I could hardly feel the squeeze, and had a great deal of flexibility as compared to my Apollo. Even though I was quite overweight I was still able to maintian bouancy control without too much trouble. I'll have to get used to controling the bubble since I like to do the frog kick with my feet in the air, and w/o ankle valves I could sense the possibility of loosing control and rising feet first. I was impressed wth the sesitivity of the arm valve, which didnt leak a drop. I'll I need do was roll about 40 deg to the right and out go the bubles.. no shaking my arm or such. Overall I love it.