CLUB DIVE! Feb 23, 2013

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
RoxnDox
Submariner

Re: CLUB DIVE! Feb 23, 2013

Post by RoxnDox »

BASSMAN wrote:
RoxnDox wrote:I am getting a cortisone injection in my C6/7 vertebrae tomorrow afternoon for the ulnar nerve, and just in case I think I am going to avoid diving... Damn nuisance medical issues... I may come up and hang out anyway, perhaps.

If I don't make it up there, Alexitt will pick up one shirt for me - size XL.

Jim
Good call, not diving after a procedure like that. I would've done the same thing. :highfive:
I dug around in DAN's site for quite a while before my first one and was unable to find anything that mentioned injections, but I figure better safe than sorry... So even though I haven't gotten underwater in waay too long I am gonna skip it one more day.

Jim
<Penopolypants> "I, for one, would welcome our new cowboy octopus overlords."
<LCF> "There is ALWAYS another day to dive, as long as you get home today."
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Well, kids, I'm sorry to say I won't make it to this club dive after all. I have some family matters to deal with down here in pdx, so no road trip up to muk is possible for me.

Have a great time, y'all, and post lots of pics!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Jeremy wrote:Itinerary:

Dive 1 at the T-dock, meeting at 8:00 and diving thereafter. Sounds like Matteo will be taking pics for those who want a pic of themselves with the Man! If you need a buddy or want some tips on what to see let me know. There is a lot to see at 60 feet and shallower.

By around 9:15 the action moves to the lighthouse park. This is over by the lighthouse and next to the two parallel shelters where there is a small roundabout and some public restrooms. Chili, soup, koolaid, chips, coffee, water, and more will be available under one of the shelters. If you have some gear you want to sell, price it with a sticker and your name/id (see me for more info) and put it under the second shelter. If you want to pick up some gear bring cash or a checkbook! The dive for the clay walls is targeted for about 11:00.

NWDC T-shirts, good food and company, and good diving! Lets have fun! :supz: :joshsmith: :eric:

what about the afternoon diving ...? I plan on more dives at the T dock when we are done with the clay wall
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

I am officially throwing my hat into the ring and I will be there for the 830amish dive and clay walls. It has been some time since I dived the Tdock and never the clay walls so hopefully go with those that know the site.

Will there be extra shirts as I did not say anything since i did not know if I could make it. I wear a XL and I will bring cash.
Jeff Castor
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

pogiguy05 wrote:I am officially throwing my hat into the ring and I will be there for the 830amish dive and clay walls. It has been some time since I dived the Tdock and never the clay walls so hopefully go with those that know the site.

Will there be extra shirts as I did not say anything since i did not know if I could make it. I wear a XL and I will bring cash.
Can you pick up my XXL's? You know that I'm good for the $$$$$$$$$$$$
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

T-shirts will be there right around 11am!
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

cardiver wrote:
pogiguy05 wrote:I am officially throwing my hat into the ring and I will be there for the 830amish dive and clay walls. It has been some time since I dived the Tdock and never the clay walls so hopefully go with those that know the site.

XXL's does that mean 2?

Is it just me or does my bonaire ticker make no sense? 3 month 4 weeks? would that not be 4 month since there is 4 weeks in a month?
Jeff Castor
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

I'm out, got my dry suit back but my pain levels are a little out of control right now.
staying home, taking meds.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

pogiguy05 wrote:
cardiver wrote:

XXL's does that mean 2?

Is it just me or does my bonaire ticker make no sense? 3 month 4 weeks? would that not be 4 month since there is 4 weeks in a month?
Si.
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

It would be a good idea to check the weather in the morning before driving down. The forecast conditions will make shore break that most folks are not accustomed to on the South beach and today's conditions will have certainly stirred up the viz.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Tangfish wrote:You know what would look great with a communal Storm Trooper helmet? (thanks for the donation, Matt)

A brand new Charcoal Colored NWDC T-Shirt!
You mean like this?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21361591421.174649.jpg
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

renoun wrote:It would be a good idea to check the weather in the morning before driving down. The forecast conditions will make shore break that most folks are not accustomed to on the South beach and today's conditions will have certainly stirred up the viz.
It's gonna be a little Muk-ish for sure. :partydance:
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
thefeve
Compulsive Diver

Post by thefeve »

Nwbrewer wrote:
renoun wrote:It would be a good idea to check the weather in the morning before driving down. The forecast conditions will make shore break that most folks are not accustomed to on the South beach and today's conditions will have certainly stirred up the viz.
It's gonna be a little Muk-ish for sure. :partydance:
Hey anything over 5 ft of viz is a good day at the muk #amiright? :)
I think you've figured out the root cause of your problems. Even sea lions get annoyed by splitfin divers silting out their dive sites. Switch back to your jets and you'll be safe from the sea lion silt prevention patrol from now on. - NWbrewer
SSpiffyDiver
Avid Diver

Post by SSpiffyDiver »

It's predicted to be a NW wind, so there's not a lot of fetch if it's actually from that direction. It gets exciting with a SW wind.

Also, there's a possibility of mixed snow and rain. 34 degrees at my house in Everett right now. If I can get out of the driveway, I'll be there 9ish.
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Ill get there whenever. Im not even committing to dive 1 or 2 or 3 or 4, but I will be there some time during the day to hang out. Hopefully I get a dive in
SSpiffyDiver
Avid Diver

Post by SSpiffyDiver »

OK,won't be there to dive, may get by to get T-short. I just spent the last half hour talking with Raaaalph, the God of Porcelain. Have fun!

:huge:
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Baby fought sleep all night long. Exuasting night at the Norris home. Sorry have to cancel.....please take lots of pics
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

Well, the reports were that the diving was good, the T-shirts look Great, and the Chicken soup and Chili were Excellent... I can't personally vouch for the diving but for the rest... Absolutely... Great to see Everyone!!! Thanks Calvin for bringing up the shirts...
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

thefeve
Compulsive Diver

Post by thefeve »

So I got a bug last night and wasn't able to make it, still possible to get my shirt?
Last edited by thefeve on Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I think you've figured out the root cause of your problems. Even sea lions get annoyed by splitfin divers silting out their dive sites. Switch back to your jets and you'll be safe from the sea lion silt prevention patrol from now on. - NWbrewer
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

AWESOME club dive! I got to dive with Jake for the first time since a MMM dive that was a very, very long time ago (Sept. 2011), and also happened to be my very first dive in the Puget Sound. We did a fantastic scooter dive on the clay walls, and even got to blow the vis out for some unsuspecting kick divers! Heheheheh.... Me + prop = silt bombs! It's just not a real scooter dive without some mushroom clouds :pirate:
Oh, and we had not one, not two, but THREE different flavors of Kool-Aid (who should probably be sponsoring us) for surface interval consumption! :stir:

The post-dive beer and food run was equally great. That was an extremely fun crowd to spend a day of my weekend with, and I am very glad this whole thing had such a good turnout. Thanks Jeremy for putting it all together, and thank you Calvin for the work you did on the shirts! The end result is perfect.

Beer:

Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Totally fun to get to meet up with all of y'all! I love attaching people to their screen names. Had a ton of fun swapping dive stories over beers afterwards, too! Thanks to all, but especially to Jeremy, for setting this up, and to Calvin for bringing the cool new shirts!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Had a great time putting faces to names and even though I was too much of a wuss (okay, it was the hangover actually) to actually get in the water, but when Beer-O-Clock struck you guys were definitely speaking my language!

Thanks for the great Club Dive everyone, and thanks to Jeremy for organizing!
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Tangfish wrote:Had a great time putting faces to names and even though I was too much of a wuss (okay, it was the hangover actually) to actually get in the water, but when Beer-O-Clock struck you guys were definitely speaking my language!

Thanks for the great Club Dive everyone, and thanks to Jeremy for organizing!
So we can officially call it a TANGOVER :mmmbeer:
Jeff Castor