WWW - 1/30/13

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Mortuus
Amphibian

WWW - 1/30/13

Post by Mortuus »

In case you dont know what this is, here is a link with an explanation: http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php ... 14#p199333

In short, this is a weekly event hosted by GUE Seattle, but this event is open to ANY diver who wants to come out and dive with us, regardless of skill, background, etc. Yes, that means we do not require you to drink any kool-aid whether it be metaphorical or otherwise!
Need a "big buddy" diver? We will hook you up. We have many active recreational, technical, and cave divers who frequent these events and they are a great place to pick up extra diving knowledge! Additionally, if you would like to try out any piece of dive equipment whether it be a camera, bp/w, argon system, doubles, jet fins, canister light, undergarment, or even a scooter, it can all be arranged. All you have to do is ask.

Dive times are as follows:

Dive 1 - 4:30 to 5 splash
Dive 2 - 6:30 to 7 splash

Those are the splash times, so be sure to arrive with ample time to set up your own gear. If you need last minute tank fills, 5th Dimension is located right on Harbor Ave--only a 2 minute drive from the site!

The dives will both be held at Seacrest Cove 2 located right next to Marination at Seacrest Park on Harbor Ave on Alki. Directions: http://goo.gl/maps/eNMW7

Come on down and join us for diving! We also typically go out for food and beer afterwards. Lately it has been at Marination (modern Indo-Pacific), but we are also known to go to The Matador ("upscale" Mexican food) or Luna Park (50's style diner). So bring an empty stomach and a fresh liver!

JUST TO BE CLEAR...... It is up to EACH INDIVIDUAL DIVER to make sure they have a buddy for that night. If you need confirmation on whether there will be anyone there for x time of y time, then just ask! As long as there are people there at the time you want to dive, you should have a partner. The only exception is if two people have already made their own plans that involve something you may not have access to, such as a scooter. So just do yourself a favor and double check with people.
Mortuus
Amphibian

Re: WWW - 1/30/13

Post by Mortuus »

Not sure if I will be there for this one
Kees
Avid Diver

Post by Kees »

I'll be there around 6!
"I can stop any time I want to."
-Airsix on scooter addiction
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

same here. I'll be there this week for 6pm dive too!
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
JayO
Avid Diver

Post by JayO »

I'm in!
aadolfi
Aquaphile

Post by aadolfi »

Bex and I will be there around 6 also!!!
The purpose of life should not be to journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Holy S#it!!!" What a Ride!!!
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

crap, just had a work event scheduled for late Wednesday afternoon.

sorry, I'm out :(
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
johndo88
Compulsive Diver

Post by johndo88 »

Me and a buddy (Kevin) are planning to be there for the 6:00 splash.
CBFin
Just Settling In

Post by CBFin »

I'll be there at 6 and could be ready to splash by 6:30. Anyone planning a non-scooter dive that I can head out with?

-Chris
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.
- Baba Dioum
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Sorry to miss you again Chris! :(

I'm pretty sure Alex, Bex and Kees will be there without scoots.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I won't be there tonight -- I'm assisting with a class in the pool.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames