Regular mid week daytime dive partners

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
_RAGNAR_
Just Settling In

Regular mid week daytime dive partners

Post by _RAGNAR_ »

Looking for dive partners for mid week diving

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 

About me: I'm a newer diver with about 70 dives, 50 in Puget Sound. I have a  DIR single and doubles rig and have been through AOW and Rescue and I am a DMT.  I'm planning to start tech courses this year.

I'm looking for partners to explore ALL of PNW diving. I'd like to do every shore dive in the State and BC ;-) inland diving, fresh water anything and everything. 

Also looking to boat dive a day or two a month. 

Basically take all the guide books and start going through them. Taking turns planning dive days with 2-4 dives, trying to get out every week. Maybe doing an overnight once a month with two days of diving in the San Juan's or BC. 

Some Tuesday's I need to be back in the Bellevue area by 6pm but Wednesday and Thursday I'm not limited as to when I need to be back.

I also have a klepper so kayaks dives would be possible also. 
Mortuus
Amphibian

Re: Regular mid week daytime dive partners

Post by Mortuus »

It sounds like we should dive together.... I am always looking for people to explore with. Come to the WWW dives every Wednesday on Alki. We are open to any divers, but a lot of us are DIR. Dive 1 is typically at 4:30, and dive 2 is around 6:30. Look in the Dive Planning section for those threads! If you ever make it down, we can talk diving :)
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I tend to have a lot of weekday time available, and I'd love to get out and do some different sites. Way too much Cove 2 in the last year!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

I often have weekdays available, and am in the South Sound and live 50 minutes from Hood Canal. The Thursday crew is always a go, although they can't usually get out as early as I'd like and Hood Canal often doesn't work. Let's talk.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

LCF wrote:I tend to have a lot of weekday time available, and I'd love to get out and do some different sites. Way too much Cove 2 in the last year!
When I get back from MX, do you want to go back out to the I-90 bridge (with a camera this time)?
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I want a viz report before I do Lake Washington this time of year . . .
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
_RAGNAR_
Just Settling In

Post by _RAGNAR_ »

Thanks, Im out of town for a couple days hunting, but I'll talk to you guys next week. And yes I'm looking to do everything but cove 2. ! ;-) preferably during the day not evenings.

Though I'm not opposed to picking up a skills dive Wednesday night occasionally.
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

_RAGNAR_ wrote:Thanks, Im out of town for a couple days hunting, but I'll talk to you guys next week. And yes I'm looking to do everything but cove 2. ! ;-) preferably during the day not evenings.

Though I'm not opposed to picking up a skills dive Wednesday night occasionally.
I'm right with you on not wanting to do C2.... Although I still do it during the week for skills or to meet new divers there. However that site is off limits to me on the weekends, as are Muk, Redondo, Edmonds, etc (unless there is some sort of event). I generally don't dive with divers who I haven't met on the weekends though, because I am either diving a more difficult site or a site that I myself am unfamiliar with, and I like to limit the unfamiliarity during any given dive. So if you come out diving on Wednesday some time, we can talk and likely dive together
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

LCF wrote:I want a viz report before I do Lake Washington this time of year . . .
Bleh. Is there anyone even diving the lake right now? Every time I have gone in the last few months, the vis has been excellent. Those were all south-end dives off Kirk's boat. It had been raining heavily the day before on a lot of those days too.
_RAGNAR_
Just Settling In

Post by _RAGNAR_ »

I'm back in town and am looking forward to meeting all of you in the next week or two.

Just went up to Victoria for the weekend and dove race rocks and the Mackenzie and GB Church. Great time.
cavtrooper
Just Settling In

Post by cavtrooper »

I'd be in from Monday to Wednesday until July. Let me know!
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Check out the dive planning forum for our weekly north central and south sound diving gigs.

You can pretty much dive very day of the week if you wanted :)
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White