WWW 3/20/13

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Mortuus
Amphibian

WWW 3/20/13

Post by Mortuus »

Same old times, same old place!

That's 4:30, 6:00, and Cove 2 for those of you who don't know.

All times are approximate, so dont stress if you can't splash at exactly those times! With pre-dive socializing, most of the splash times are actually highly variable. Just show up with enough time to assemble your gear!
aadolfi
Aquaphile

Re: WWW 3/20/13

Post by aadolfi »

I'll be there for the 2nd dive
The purpose of life should not be to journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Holy S#it!!!" What a Ride!!!
chokolad
Avid Diver

Post by chokolad »

My suit is back so I'll be there at second (and third dive :))
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I'm planning on being there for both dives, and post-dive food/drink, if anybody is going . . .
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Kees
Avid Diver

Post by Kees »

I'm in for dive 2 and "dive" 3. Planning on practicing unconscious diver recoveries, so if you would like to practice, learn, and/or watch, I could use the company!
"I can stop any time I want to."
-Airsix on scooter addiction
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Kees wrote:I'm in for dive 2 and "dive" 3. Planning on practicing unconscious diver recoveries, so if you would like to practice, learn, and/or watch, I could use the company!
Will these drills occur during dive 2 or dive 3?
Kees
Avid Diver

Post by Kees »

Jeremy wrote:
Kees wrote:I'm in for dive 2 and "dive" 3. Planning on practicing unconscious diver recoveries, so if you would like to practice, learn, and/or watch, I could use the company!
Depends on how well dive 3 goes!
"I can stop any time I want to."
-Airsix on scooter addiction
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Jeremy wrote:
I don't see any reason they can't happen on both :neener:
Jimothy
Avid Diver

Post by Jimothy »

I'd love to go, but its difficult for me to make the splash times.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Wow, the weather really cooperated for us tonight -- we got the window between the morning's pouring rain and the night's snow (there was a half inch on the ground at my house when I got home).

Viz below ten feet was really quite nice, and tonight was California night at the Cove -- at least, the two unusual nudibranchs we found were Armina californica and Berthella californica. How's that for coincidence? I see the Arminas periodically in the Cove, although I don't know why they are there, because nothing they eat lives there. But I don't think I've ever seen one of the Berthellas there, and we found two.

That, a restless GPO, a mixed school of striped and pile perch, and a huge school of tubesnouts were the highlights of our evening.

Thank you to my beloved buddy Kirk Hamblen, who I don't get to see nearly often enough, and Dave Stucki, who I don't get to dive with often enough, for a really fun nearly 70 minutes underwater tonight. It's almost 11, and I'm almost thawed . . .

Armina californica

Berthella california

A rare sighting of Kirk Hamblen

Some type of polychaete worm, about four inches long, that I went nutsoid trying to photograph in the water column
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Jimothy wrote:I'd love to go, but its difficult for me to make the splash times.
Well like I said, the splash times aren't exactly set in stone. It's basically anywhere from 4:30-7
LeslieH
Just Settling In

Post by LeslieH »

Lovely worm pic. That's a species of Phyllodoce.