Missile Silo Dive 4-27

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Mateo1147
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: Missile Silo Dive 4-27

Post by Mateo1147 »

fishb0y wrote:I think I was on those dives with you Mateo. Unless they have opened another silo, I'm not sure where the 3rd dive would be.
Do you remember diving in the control room at the end of the first siloh dive? We accessed it down an elevator shaft. That is the only way I can think that you could call it three dives.
You breath like a girl! -Blaiz
I thought she was right until I dove with eliseaboo!
fishb0y
Dive-aholic

Post by fishb0y »

I do... I didn't really count that as a second dive. I know there is the 3rd silo, but my understanding is that was less accessible that the 2nd tunnel.
As far as doing a third dive, I'm pretty sure visibility would be fairly sucky by then.
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

AFAIK the 3rd silo is still closed. They'd thought about cleaning it up (entanglements and silt) but from what I've heard they've not been able to do much over the last year or so to get it opened. If there's more intel I'd sure like to hear.
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
climb2freefall
Just Settling In

Post by climb2freefall »

Alright just got off the phone with the Dive shop. Group Max is 7 people. If you want to go please PM me or speak up. I put the 150.00 deposit down. The lady said Ellensburg is a good spot to get a room if you are still needing to get a room. Its an hour away from the site. If anyone needs gear rentals or anything let me know, we can work out a pick up.

Things I need-

A list of names of who is going- Duh

The forms (waiver, statement of understanding) need to be faxed to the dive shop a week prior. So NLT Apr 20th. Found on website

If you are interested in getting the PADI Silo Diver Card- its an online course and 60 bucks. While doing the dive you will have to find things in the silo to get the certification.

We will meet at "Judy's restaurant" at 0800 on the 27th. Ill get the google address and send it out to the group.

If you are using CCR let me know, also let me know if you are planning on using a pony in lieu of a buddy. ( as I will)

Also, t-shirts. If you would like a t-shirt, need to pay ahead of time, Dive Master will bring them out to the site.

Any questions please feel free to PM me. Im super stoked to get a chance to dive with everyone and to cross something off my bucket list. If I dont get back to you right away its because Im in Afghanistan and its about a 12 hour difference. I will be home around start of April to begin my break. So feel free to contact me anytime via email or PM on here!

Thanks!

Donny :partydance:
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

Ellensburg is a long ways away, Othello(closest), or Moses Lake is closer. Are you still staying at the Oasis(Moses Lake)? Would be nice to have everyone in/around the same area for the night.

booking.com has a 45-50$ deal for the night.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
climb2freefall
Just Settling In

Post by climb2freefall »

So far, thats my plan Jeff. It depends if my girlfriend is going to come along. If she is not then I probably will just leave Whidbey early in the AM and drive there that morning. I leave a few days after that to come back to Afghanistan so Im sure she will stick pretty close. Worst case scenario I drive, otherwise I plan on staying in Moses Lake.
_RAGNAR_
Just Settling In

Post by _RAGNAR_ »

I'm interested
climb2freefall
Just Settling In

Post by climb2freefall »

Group has reched limit. Anyone still interested I will contact if we have a body drop from the line up. Thanks! :taco:
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

Looks like Jeff and I have to pass.

Jeff has to do his mod 2 graduation dive in Lake Crescent, and I'm abit short of funds right now with a big tax bill I just had to pay.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
Clay
Avid Diver

Post by Clay »

Hey guys I just did this dive on 4-14. I'd be happy to answer any questions regarding our experience. 360 580 1970. CCR, doubles, and 130's are awesome tools but IMHO unnecessary for this dive. It's a deep pool dive and warmer than the Puget sound in summer. We had a great time!
Lots of history, and things to see. The divemaster "David" was as good as they come. We stayed in Moses lake and it took us 40 minutes to get to Judy's. David brought lunch for everyone and there's a toilet on site. A pony bottle is always nice but not required or needed really. We got there at 8 did 2 dives and a short dry side tour, we left at 530 exhausted!!
jeffgerritsen
Dive-aholic

Post by jeffgerritsen »

Two days ago I PM Donney to let him know my MOD2 class originally scheduled to end on 4/25 has now scheduled our "graduation dive" at Lake Crescent on guess when - 4/27 and now 4/28. The class consists of a group of RB divers who needed their final check out dives for mod2, however we had the opportunity to also complete our Mod3 dive reqirements - so hence our graduation dive is now 4/28 and 4/27 is final mod3 dives.

So another spot is open!
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Last minute post. There are 2 spots left for the Titan Missile Silo dive for tomorrow, Saturday, 4-27-13. If you want to join us, you have to submit the paperwork no later than 1300 today to Undersea Adventures. You can download the waivers online. There's already 4 of us going.

Hurry!
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
climb2freefall
Just Settling In

Post by climb2freefall »

Dive went flawless. Well put on and very enjoyable. I will get a video together and try to get some stills off the GoPro footage. Thanks again to Greg and Tom for coming. It was great diving with you gents! Now Im getting off here to throw together an epic video. :supz:
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

climb2freefall wrote:Dive went flawless. Well put on and very enjoyable. I will get a video together and try to get some stills off the GoPro footage. Thanks again to Greg and Tom for coming. It was great diving with you gents! Now Im getting off here to throw together an epic video. :supz:
Likewise to you and Dustin. Take care of yourself when you go back to Afghanistan next week.
_RAGNAR_
Just Settling In

Post by _RAGNAR_ »

Thank for putting it together and for the invite.

I look forward to the video.
climb2freefall
Just Settling In

Post by climb2freefall »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hryOi_8sA4 Finished up the video. Had a great time. Already back in Afghanistan so I have three months to dry out and plan something else!
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Awesome video Donny. Thank you.
sarinae
Aquaphile

Post by sarinae »

Wow, that was a professional quality video, wish I could have joined you all out there! Maybe next time!