MMM 4-15-13

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
monk
Avid Diver

MMM 4-15-13

Post by monk »

I'm in for Dive 1, maybe Dive 2.
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Re: MMM 4-15-13

Post by Paulicarp »

Mmm...mmm...
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

I'm in for Dive 1.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Post by Fishstiq »

I'll be there early with April.
Not just front page famous, but above the fold famous...

Waiting for your AIDS test results is no time to be thinking positive.
Jimothy
Avid Diver

Post by Jimothy »

Might make it for 1.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Fishstiq wrote:I'll be there early with April.
It's a party this Monday!
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

Nwbrewer wrote:
Fishstiq wrote:I'll be there early with April.
It's a party this Monday!
Woo Hoo! I knew DK reopening would get Joe to start showing up again :partydance:
sarinae
Aquaphile

Post by sarinae »

Tonight is Girl Scout night, so I can't make it, but I'd love to join you all next Monday night. Where should I meet up with you guys? I know Mukilteo, but not sure if you meet at the t-dock or somewhere else.

I'm inexperienced but learning. Coulterboy can vouch for me only being a small pain in the ass. I hope to have solutions to those annoying issues after the Dive Expo on Sunday (need new fins and BC).
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

sarinae wrote:Tonight is Girl Scout night, so I can't make it, but I'd love to join you all next Monday night. Where should I meet up with you guys? I know Mukilteo, but not sure if you meet at the t-dock or somewhere else.

I'm inexperienced but learning. Coulterboy can vouch for me only being a small pain in the ass. I hope to have solutions to those annoying issues after the Dive Expo on Sunday (need new fins and BC).

We meet at the T-dock. The goal for dive 1 is to splash by 4:00, but it rarely happens. If you want to try out some gear before you try it, let us know, some of us have gear that we loan out to new people wanting to try stuff before they spend a lot of $ on stuff.

Jake

coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

sarinae wrote: I'm inexperienced but learning. Coulterboy can vouch for me only being a small pain in the ass. I hope to have solutions to those annoying issues after the Dive Expo on Sunday (need new fins and BC).
You are never a pain in the ass at all. I like your chocolates, cookies, jerky and the rest of the goodies you bring every dive. Not to mention the warm tea you had last Saturday. Thank you so much Sarina.

If you start diving the MMM group, you can't spoil us with that. :)
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Nwbrewer wrote:
sarinae wrote:Tonight is Girl Scout night, so I can't make it, but I'd love to join you all next Monday night. Where should I meet up with you guys? I know Mukilteo, but not sure if you meet at the t-dock or somewhere else.

We meet at the T-dock. The goal for dive 1 is to splash by 4:00, but it rarely happens. If you want to try out some gear before you try it, let us know, some of us have gear that we loan out to new people wanting to try stuff before they spend a lot of $ on stuff.

Jake
She has all new gear Jake. She just needs a little bit of work on trim and dumping air out of her drysuit. All in all, she is actually good.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Jimothy
Avid Diver

Post by Jimothy »

Lost track of time getting my can light up and running again, now not enough time to get to the shop for air and up to Mukilteo. Perhaps next week.
sarinae
Aquaphile

Post by sarinae »

Thanks, guys, I appreciate the generous offer to try out gear. I'm gonna look for an affordable back lift BC with quality connectors at the Expo, or at least get a good idea of what I want and order it. The used one from Lighthouse is falling apart and not worth trying to replace all of the broken parts on. Jimothy and Coulterboy convinced me that I need some fins with larger footbeds to accommodate the rock boots.

Coulterboy, thanks for the words of encouragement. I dove yesterday and trim was better. Part of it is gear and I think the larger part is inexperience. Each dive I find that I improve something, but there is certainly a steep learning curve and I need to be in the water regularly working on these things to be a better diver. I got my fins on/off by myself yesterday (but not without a LOT of effort). I applied some silicone spray and tried to reform the deformed one, but it is a gremlin. Again, used gear is not such a bargain. Those spring straps are the bomb though, loving that!

Hope to join you all and be ready for a 4pm splash next week. Looks like you get lucky tonight, the weather is unexpectedly cooperative!
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

coulterboy wrote:
sarinae wrote: I'm inexperienced but learning. Coulterboy can vouch for me only being a small pain in the ass. I hope to have solutions to those annoying issues after the Dive Expo on Sunday (need new fins and BC).
You are never a pain in the ass at all. I like your chocolates, cookies, jerky and the rest of the goodies you bring every dive. Not to mention the warm tea you had last Saturday. Thank you so much Sarina.

If you start diving the MMM group, you can't spoil us with that. :)
Cookies? You'll fit right in! lol
First dive tonight was me, Charlie, Jake and Samson at the geodome for the usual nickel tour in typical imaginary viz. Charlie and I braved the rain and hail storms to finish our sit and do a second dive to the oil dock and back.