Thursday Dive (ThThTh) - 5/23/13

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Re: Thursday Dive (ThThTh) - 5/23/13

Post by pogiguy05 »

Scubie Doo wrote:
Tom Nic wrote:Sigh...

It doesn't look like it. Getting ready for a week in Orlando then I will squeeze in as many cold water dives as I can when I get back to get me ready for two weeks in Bonaire.

And speaking of which, we are still pissed off at you for ditching us for some lame family/ father son bonding or whatever the heck you are doing. Shoot, with hillbilly moonshine Matt, crazy lumpia Jeff, and dog butt shock collar Bassman and the not so righteous rev going we could have had official ThThTh diving for a week in Bonaire, PLUS our own house reef. If we didn't all get arrested, that is.

Sigh...
Believe me, I am bummed. One week later and I could've made it. Last year going in June cost me... Water under the bridge... Let it go... Take a deep breath... But looking back, the surface swim at salt pier, in complete darkness, for your 500th dive. Made it all worth it! You guys are going to have a blast. Jeff and Matt are in for a treat.

OH I am so STOKED!!! You have no idea 1 week of nothing but warm weather warm water and diving........ :breakdance: :funky: :metal: :80sdance: :mermaid: :uh: :threadjacked:
Jeff Castor
RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

Tom Nic wrote:I miss one lousy month. One month. Bassman is gone less. The whole thing gets renamed and everyone is drunk and thrusting and throbbing and back kicking and... :tomnic:

Like Jeff said, less than one month to Bonaire! :supz:

:)
Well, at least the question of whether you're thrusting mono- or Bi hasn't come over into this thread yet! Oh, wait, it just did... :eek:

Jim
<Penopolypants> "I, for one, would welcome our new cowboy octopus overlords."
<LCF> "There is ALWAYS another day to dive, as long as you get home today."
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

RoxnDox wrote:
Tom Nic wrote:I miss one lousy month. One month. Bassman is gone less. The whole thing gets renamed and everyone is drunk and thrusting and throbbing and back kicking and... :tomnic:

Like Jeff said, less than one month to Bonaire! :supz:

:)
Well, at least the question of whether you're thrusting mono- or Bi hasn't come over into this thread yet! Oh, wait, it just did... :eek:

Jim
:angry:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Argh!

Let's just dive :-)
mpenders
Submariner

Post by mpenders »

pogiguy05 wrote:THursday's Thermic THesbians

Thermic defined as :

adj. - Relating to or associated with heat

Thesbians defined as:

n. - A theatrical performer
adj. - Of or relating to drama

So it would loosely translate to Thursday's Heated Drama..... :popcorn:
Hmmmm...Urban dictionary has waaaaaay different definition for "thesbian". :book:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=thesbian

:penelope: :rofl:
Scubie Doo wrote:Ummm Jeff, I don't want the MMM and WWW to come to our dive and kick our asses.
Maybe "Thalassic Therapy Thursdays"?

tha·las·sic [thuh-las-ik]

adjective
1. of or pertaining to seas and oceans.
2. of or pertaining to smaller bodies of water, as seas and gulfs, as distinguished from large oceanic bodies.
3. growing, living, or found in the sea; marine.

So instead of overtly...ummm...dramatic, we come off as needing therapy. Nobody gonna come mess with us crazies. :der:

They might join us, however!
olalladiver
Aquaphile

Post by olalladiver »

Ocean therapy... that seems appropriate... for me at least.

So is anyone on this forum EVER serious? Jiminy, a sarcastic lot y'all are... I appreciate you all though for your sage and gentle advice, your welcoming attitudes, and your sarcastic humor... So party on, Garth! :supz:

Catch y'all tonight I hope...
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

olalladiver wrote:Ocean therapy... that seems appropriate... for me at least.

So is anyone on this forum EVER serious? Jiminy, a sarcastic lot y'all are... I appreciate you all though for your sage and gentle advice, your welcoming attitudes, and your sarcastic humor... So party on, Garth! :supz:

I think we found our name, thanks Penders! Now ditch your family obligations on get out there!

As for seriousness, lots of humorous and sarcastic folks on this board. I think most of us can be serious when the topic is serious. The sarcasm sometimes gets us in trouble, where we have to backtrack a bit. But it is usually all in good fun, unless it is one of Mr. Pack's famous drop-a-bomb in the room posts. :penelope:
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

[sarcasm]sarcasm what sarcasm?[/sarcasm]
Jeff Castor
olalladiver
Aquaphile

Post by olalladiver »

Jeff, You're using that font again. I've asked you not to use that font with me.

Do I have to stop the car? :rofl:
jeffgerritsen
Dive-aholic

Post by jeffgerritsen »

Just leaving Tacoma @ 1530. I'll catch you folks on the second dive
ejrauschl
Avid Diver

Post by ejrauschl »

Traffic sucks; see you for dive 2.
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

olalladiver wrote:Jeff, You're using that font again. I've asked you not to use that font with me.

Do I have to stop the car? :rofl:
[sarcasm]are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? I have to go pee are we there yet?[/sarcasm]
Jeff Castor
jeffgerritsen
Dive-aholic

Post by jeffgerritsen »

Dive was good, enjoyed seeing the two grunt sculpins and wolfeel who came out to greet us. Viz sucked but the time at Saltys made up for poor viz.
olalladiver
Aquaphile

Post by olalladiver »

You betcha! Great dives... My first grunt sculpins, warbonnets and lumpies, among other fun stuff. Thanks again for the tank Jessie!

Thanks for some great dives all and hope we all connect in a week if not sooner.

Jason
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

olalladiver wrote:You betcha! Great dives... My first grunt sculpins, warbonnets and lumpies, among other fun stuff. Thanks again for the tank Jessie!

Thanks for some great dives all and hope we all connect in a week if not sooner.

Jason
Great diving with you Jason, Jeff, and EJ! I had a really good time. I didn't take a ton of photos, I was too busy trying to find little critters to point out to Jason :-) We did find a Warbonnet. However, it was a Mosshead not a Decorated like I originally thought it was. Here are a few photos to confirm you "firsts" Jason. Sorry, I didn't get any of the Grunt Sculpins. If you click on the image you will be taken to the gallery and you can review all 9 photos from last night. The Lumpie was a tough shot in that chunky 6" viz, there was crap floating everywhere. I did post it, so you could see it a little clearer. Hopefully we will see you next week. Have a nice and safe holiday weekend.

Here the infamous little wolfie.

Your Mosshead Warbonnet in the pipe.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Nice report and pics!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
olalladiver
Aquaphile

Post by olalladiver »

Awesome! Thanks for the posts! Likewise... had a great time... And thanks for taking the time to point stuff out... It really helps to know where to look rather than figure it all out on my own... I'm really getting much more appreciation for the small stuff.

Love those little spherical lumpies... they're cool...
bucknaked
Submariner

Post by bucknaked »

Tom Nic wrote:Sigh...

It doesn't look like it. Getting ready for a week in Orlando then I will squeeze in as many cold water dives as I can when I get back to get me ready for two weeks in Bonaire.

And speaking of which, we are still pissed off at you for ditching us for some lame family/ father son bonding or whatever the heck you are doing. Shoot, with hillbilly moonshine Matt, crazy lumpia Jeff, and dog butt shock collar Bassman and the not so righteous rev going we could have had official ThThTh diving for a week in Bonaire, PLUS our own house reef. If we didn't all get arrested, that is.

Sigh...
R u planning tobdo something illiga to get us arrested :rawlings:
bucknaked
Submariner

Post by bucknaked »

Scubie Doo wrote:
olalladiver wrote:Ocean therapy... that seems appropriate... for me at least.

I think we found our name, thanks Penders! Now ditch your family obligations on get out there!

As for seriousness, lots of humorous and sarcastic folks on this board. I think most of us can be serious when the topic is serious. The sarcasm sometimes gets us in trouble, where we have to backtrack a bit. But it is usually all in good fun, unless it is one of Mr. Pack's famous drop-a-bomb in the room posts. :penelope:
Generally not withbthe thursday night group :stir: