MMM still happening?

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
greenacarina
Avid Diver

MMM still happening?

Post by greenacarina »

Is anyone still going to Mukilteo on Mondays?
I need to get my butt back in the water and get all my gear dialed-in.
Hoping some of you fine experienced folks will be on hand to help out a newbie :)

Chris
greenacarina
Avid Diver

Re: MMM still happening?

Post by greenacarina »

Well, if anyone would like to head down Monday I will be there and hopefully a new dive buddy I met at the outdoor expo (and hopefully a couple family members of his as well)
Would be cool to get a group of folks together!

Chris
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Sorry, Paulicarp's been rather busy with work, and some construction projects on my end have left my schedule up in the air. I'll be there with a buddy who's got some new gear. I **think** paulicarp will be there as well as monk.

That said, if you don't see an MMM thread for a given week feel free to start one!

Jake
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
greenacarina
Avid Diver

Post by greenacarina »

I am doing the new gear thing too....like EVERYTHING. This is my first outing with my own gear. :)
With my work schedule, Mondays are the perfect day for me to dive and Mukilteo is a very convenient location....so I may end up being the "Who's wants to dive Mukilteo?" guy.
This will only be dive #6 for me, so be gentle :)

Chris
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

greenacarina wrote:I am doing the new gear thing too....like EVERYTHING. This is my first outing with my own gear. :)
With my work schedule, Mondays are the perfect day for me to dive and Mukilteo is a very convenient location....so I may end up being the "Who's wants to dive Mukilteo?" guy.
This will only be dive #6 for me, so be gentle :)

Chris

Sounds good. I should be there by 3:15 or so today to start getting geared up! See you there.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
greenacarina
Avid Diver

Post by greenacarina »

WOW, do I ever have some work to do! Getting used to new gear is a lot of work and my drysuit absolutely kicked my ass.
Aside from my complete lack of buoyancy control I had a GREAT time today and thankful beyond words for the guidance and patience of more experienced divers! Thank you so much NWBrewer and Samson. I hope to dive with you both again (and I promise I will be better next time) :)
Chris
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

where's the darn "like" button! Glad you got out :) The gear will come around... be patient. We all started somewhere.
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

greenacarina wrote:WOW, do I ever have some work to do! Getting used to new gear is a lot of work and my drysuit absolutely kicked my ass.
Aside from my complete lack of buoyancy control I had a GREAT time today and thankful beyond words for the guidance and patience of more experienced divers! Thank you so much NWBrewer and Samson. I hope to dive with you both again (and I promise I will be better next time) :)
Chris

First dives in a drysuit can be challenging. A few more dives and it will feel more natural. just have to remember to dump both your wing AND your suit when you start getting buoyant.

At least we had some decent vis!

greenacarina
Avid Diver

Post by greenacarina »

Even with my issues, I had a GREAT time on this dive! Got to check out a new location, meet some great guys, and learned a lot. Can't wait for my next dive!! I have a list of things to work on and things to change with my setup that will help my future diving to go much smoother. :)
I'm totally having flashbacks to learning how to ride a bike. Ha!!

Chris
greenacarina
Avid Diver

Post by greenacarina »

And I think my favorite part of the dive was the tiny little starfish that was crawling on Nwbrewer's glove. Took me a minute to realize what it was....looked like a little piece of seaweed at first! Soooo many amazing creatures in the Sound.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

greenacarina wrote:And I think my favorite part of the dive was the tiny little starfish that was crawling on Nwbrewer's glove. Took me a minute to realize what it was....looked like a little piece of seaweed at first! Soooo many amazing creatures in the Sound.
That was a decorator crab.

greenacarina
Avid Diver

Post by greenacarina »

I had a feeling you'd know exactly what that was :)
Gotta be one of the coolest things I have seen in the water yet!
Just after that little guy had jumped off of your finger, I saw a small shell moving along the bottom and looked closer to see a tiny creature of some sort tugging it along. No bigger than the tip of my pinky!!
Tanks are filled....I am planning on returning this Monday.
Anyone else up for Mukilteo Monday???

Chris
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

greenacarina wrote:I had a feeling you'd know exactly what that was :)
Just after that little guy had jumped off of your finger, I saw a small shell moving along the bottom and looked closer to see a tiny creature of some sort tugging it along. No bigger than the tip of my pinky!!

Chris
I'll be out of town this Monday. Post up a new thread, someone else might be in!

Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

greenacarina wrote:Anyone else up for Mukilteo Monday???

Chris
I wish- still bogged down with work so I'm out this Monday, but I should be back next time around. Glad you're having fun getting used to the new gear- it can be a challenge keeping it fun when you're working out the kinks. Keep with it!
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Nwbrewer wrote:
greenacarina wrote:I had a feeling you'd know exactly what that was :)

Chris
I'll be out of town this Monday. Post up a new thread, someone else might be in!
I might be able to do it this Monday.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Chris, FYI Evergreen dive has a shop dive at the T-dock every Thursday night too.
greenacarina
Avid Diver

Post by greenacarina »

Unfortunately my work schedule makes most other organized dives very difficult. I work swing shift with Sat, Sun, Mon off.
So, the MMM dive is perfect for my schedule! I may try to organize some weekday dives a little earlier (11 am or Noon) in the not too distant future.