WWW - 6/5/13

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Mortuus
Amphibian

WWW - 6/5/13

Post by Mortuus »

Site: Cove 2 in West Seattle

Dive 1 - 4:30

Dive 2 - 6:30

Chance of food afterwards????? Guess you'll have to show up to find out! :burntchef:
Micah
Frequent Bubbler

Re: WWW - 6/5/13

Post by Micah »

I plan on making it out to the first dive. I'm a total newbie at diving, just got OW certified in March and just bought/set up my own gear (with the help of my awesome SCUBA instructor Alex Adolfi). I can only do one dive, because I only have one tank. I look forward to diving with you guys!

Micah
Tess
Avid Diver

Post by Tess »

I'll be there for the second dive. :partydance: Hope you have fun, Micah! I'm a total newbie too, woohoo!
aadolfi
Aquaphile

Post by aadolfi »

I'll be there for both dives. If anyone has a tank that Micah can borrow, I'm sure he would hang out for dive 2. It will have to be air as he hasn't done his nitrox cert....yet ;) All of my tanks have 32% in them.
The purpose of life should not be to journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Holy S#it!!!" What a Ride!!!
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

I'll be there.. probably only for dive 2 & 3

(Alex - if you are an EANX instructor, you can most certainly take Micah on an EANX experience dive)

K
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
JayO
Avid Diver

Post by JayO »

Both dives.
kiwi
Frequent Bubbler

Post by kiwi »

In for both dives. I have a couple of LP95's full of air, I'll chuck them in the truck in case you want them.
aadolfi
Aquaphile

Post by aadolfi »

Thanx Mike!

Micah - looks like we got you another tank if you want to do the 2nd dive!!!!

Good point Koos!
The purpose of life should not be to journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Holy S#it!!!" What a Ride!!!
derekcs
Perma Narc'd

Post by derekcs »

I plan on being there for the second dive at 6:30.
All underwater photographs of mine are posted at http://www.dereksinger.com
@dereksingerphotography on Instagram
Micah
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Micah »

Sweet! Thanks for offering to bring an extra tank kiwi! I'll be sticking around for dive #2 as well then!
Maxtrax
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Maxtrax »

I'll be there for dives 2 and 3.
CBFin
Just Settling In

Post by CBFin »

I'll be there for the second dive.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.
- Baba Dioum
archisgore
Aquaphile

Post by archisgore »

I'm there for dive 2. My regs are being serviced by Mark for a couple of weeks. Can someone spare me a set of regs?
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

singles rig?

sure, i'll pack a spare set.

I wont be there till 6pm thought.
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
archisgore
Aquaphile

Post by archisgore »

Sure. Neither will I. Thanks Koos!
archisgore
Aquaphile

Post by archisgore »

Turns out I can't make it tonight. Stuck at work on something. Sorry about that. See you next week.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

What a fantastic turnout last night! Micah got to get his incredibly shiny new backplate and regulators introduced to salt water, and Tess got to take her beaming smile underwater again. (She reminds me of me when I was a new diver, dancing in the parking lot at the opportunity to get wet again!) Kathryn and Mike and I got to go look for wide angle photo opportunities (can't wait to see the results) and Mike proved that Kiwis are a tough breed, managing 70 minutes in the water with a photographer when he was SOAKING wet . . .

The second wave was huge, and a lot of folks ended up at the long table at the Matador, enjoying the great food, and talking general dive nonsense.

Great fun -- can't wait for next week!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Agreed! What an awesome turn out!

We had so many people at the Matador for dive #3 that I had to call Alex on his cell phone from the end of the table to the other.. we were practically in different zip codes! :)

great to see so many new and enthusiastic divers out!! I had a blast!

+1 on what Lynne said, cant wait for next week!

K
aadolfi
Aquaphile

Post by aadolfi »

Great seeing all of you last night. Loving the awesome turnout on Wednesday nights!!!
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Damn, I'm running out of excuses as to why I can't dive! Glad the turnout was great though. Really wish I coulda done the Matador with you guys afterwards
Tess
Avid Diver

Post by Tess »

:luv: Thanks for always making me feel so welcome. The sea life doesn't like my beaming smile as much. They must think I'm baring my teeth at them.

I sure wish I could've gone to the Matador with you all too. :smt064 I hope in the near future we go to a dive 3 location that's suitable for young acolytes!
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

awesome to see you again Tess! your enthusiasm brings energy to the group!! dont ever lose that.

Agreed.. We will do dive3 at a more young acolyte compatible establishment next week!