Friday harbor shore diving

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Scott G
Aquaphile

Friday harbor shore diving

Post by Scott G »

I'm going to be there next week, i wonder how the shore diving is? any reccomended sites? mostly i'll be working, but it'd be nice to sneak a shore dive or two in.

thanks in advance,
Scott
BillZ
Aquanaut

Re: Friday harbor shore diving

Post by BillZ »

The San Juans are much better by boat, but there are a few decent shore dives on the island. Lime Kiln is probably the best but the entry and exit cat be a bit dicey. County park is also a decent shore diving site.
Scott G
Aquaphile

Post by Scott G »

Thanks Bill ! ill check those out.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

The bay north of American camp is divable (I forget the name). Bit of a walk and not the most thrilling site but if the currents aren't working for you at Lime Kiln its worth a look.

edit: Also small pox bay is worth checking out, cafeful about the small boat ramp there, fly a dive flag! And don't attempt to swim to the small island just off shore except at slack, the current does move along that stretch of Haro Strait.

The Fischnaller shore dives book gives slack corrections for the Haro Strait sites.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Scott G
Aquaphile

Post by Scott G »

Thanks for the tips Bill and Jack, couldn't find a buddy so just did the shallow south wall of county park, was decent, then took kids snorkeling at 4th of July beach, not too exciting. Sure looks like a great place to own a boat!