WWW - 6/12/13

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

WWW - 6/12/13

Post by kdupreez »

Hear ye, Hear ye! Wednesday marks the day of Weekly Wacky West Seattle dive, come one, come all!! come join us on Wednesday for a weekly dive at Alki Cove2 !

If we are lucky we will see the ever elusive Hoodless Lion out in the watery wild this week!! :smt064

New this week: Propulsion Workshop on Dive 2!!! Come learn the black arts of Frog Kicking, Back Kicking, Flutter Kicking and Helicopter turning!!

Dive 1 meet at 4:30
Dive 2 meet at 6:30 (* Optional Propulsion Workshop!)
Dive 3 at around 8:30 (place to be determined - will be youth compatible :luv: )

Please RSVP here so we know you are coming and and can make sure you have a buddy.

Also, need any gear? let us know here too.. We can provide regs (long hose config), tanks (single or double), fins, masks, canister lights (LED and HID), weights, backplate & wing setups, scooters, OLED computers / timers, etc. etc...

See you there!

:pirate:
Last edited by kdupreez on Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
chokolad
Avid Diver

Re: WWW - 6/12/13

Post by chokolad »

kdupreez wrote:Hear ye, Hear ye! Wednesday marks the day of Weekly Wacky West Seattle dive, come one, come all!! come join us on Wednesday for a weekly dive at Alki Cove2 !

If we are lucky we will see the ever elusive Hoodless Lion out in the watery wild this week!! :smt064

New this week: Propulsion Workshop on Dive 2!!! Come learn the black arts of Frog Kicking, Back Kicking, Flutter Kicking and Helicopter turning!!

Dive 1 at meet at 4:30
Dive 2 at meet at 6:30 (Propulsion Workshop!)
Dive 3 at around 8:30 (place to be determined - will be youth compatible :luv: )

Please RSVP here so we know you are coming and and can make sure you have a buddy.

Also, need any gear? let us know here too.. We can provide regs (long hose config), tanks (single or double), fins, masks, canister lights (LED and HID), weights, backplate & wing setups, scooters, OLED computers / timers, etc. etc...

See you there!

:pirate:
I'll try to make it (most likely all dives).
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I'm hoping to make all three. Can I attend the propulsion workshop? :D
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
JayO
Avid Diver

Post by JayO »

Count me in for all 3.
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

I'll be there for all three. Will be using sidemount for at least one of the dives.
Does the propulsion workshop include scooter crack?
Micah
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Micah »

I will be there for both dives.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

GearHead wrote:I'll be there for all three. Will be using sidemount for at least one of the dives.
Does the propulsion workshop include scooter crack?
hehe - scooter 101 wont be this week :) but keep watching this space! (nudge-nudge-wink-wink)
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

pretty cool, wish I could make it.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

I will finally be coming back to one of these to do more than just bum around on the surface. [/springquarter]
Tess
Avid Diver

Post by Tess »

I am IIIIN! :joshsmith: And I would totally be psyched to go to the workshop because I have no idea what to do with my legs! Ooh, and if I get to eat with you guys that'd be rad too! :burntchef: This will be wonderful!! So for me it'll be dives 2 & 3.
kiwi
Frequent Bubbler

Post by kiwi »

In for all 3
derekcs
Perma Narc'd

Post by derekcs »

In for Dive 2. Gotta jet afterwards.
All underwater photographs of mine are posted at http://www.dereksinger.com
@dereksingerphotography on Instagram
Maxtrax
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Maxtrax »

Not sure if I'm diving, but I'll be there (Micah, I have Kiwi's tanks full for you) and I'll definitely come out for dive 3.
chokolad
Avid Diver

Post by chokolad »

Looks like I will be bailing. Work happened :(
kiwi
Frequent Bubbler

Post by kiwi »

I'm Out Too, work :( Micah Keep Hold Of The Tanks, I'll Catch Up With You Next Week
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Very nice dive tonight with Micah and James. Viz wasn't fabulous -- maybe a solid ten feet, at best -- but all the particulates in the water mean LOTS of jellies. We had sea gooseberries and water jellies and tons of baby egg yolks. We didn't see many of the big egg yolks because the metridiums were lunching on them . . . The viz demanded a nice, slow dive, so I found two beautiful red penpoint gunnels, a lovely decorated warbonnet, several sorts of nudibranchs, a very funny decorator crab so covered in feathery hydroids he was hardly recognizable as a crab, and at the end of the dive, a GORGEOUS Red Irish Lord in about 15 feet of water, who had chosen a fantastic gold color for a theme. I haven't seen a RIL at Cove 2 in a long time, and I have rarely seen one that color.

I passed on a second dive because I was starving, so Jay and Dylan and Max joined me in Marination for some sustenance and a little bit of beer. They have changed the seating in the restaurant since I was last in there -- the picnic tables are no more, and the dining area is furnished in small, four person tables instead. I think it's better. The food was good, and the brown ale was positively yummy.

Even without the guys going to Truk, we managed to have fun!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Ditto on what Lynne said! Nice turn out!!

And 4 divers joined the kick-starter and all of them were frog kicking at dive time!!

Love seeing people's faces light up after the dive when you show them instant video feedback of their kicks and what else they can do to improve.

We did land drills, surface swimming and kicking while I helped manipulate legs/ankles/feet, then did the dive and ran video on the GoPro and after the dive a quick instant video feedback on the laptop..

Next week we'll continue buoyancy practice and frog kicks and also start with flutter and back kicks!

Nicely going Archis, Tess, Michah and Gearhead!

see ya next week!
Micah
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Micah »

Thanks for teaching us how to kick Koos! It was nice having the video and feedback as well!
Tess
Avid Diver

Post by Tess »

AHHHhhh that was so helpful! Thank you so much Koos! :taco: Yesterday was the first step for me towards no longer constantly knocking into people, and also actually being able to stop at will to observe critters. :) Though the first time I successfully hold position, I may end up doing a victory dance and displacing myself again anyway...
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

You save the victory dance for the parking lot, where we can ALL enjoy it :)
Tess
Avid Diver

Post by Tess »

LCF wrote:You save the victory dance for the parking lot, where we can ALL enjoy it :)
:luv: Sounds like a better plan overall, since that won't cause me to displace again. :partydance: