June 30-July2 Hoodcanal Trip

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

That cool that he like thhe Reg Sparky, thanks also for post the direxctions, a big help for me one less thing to do. thanks dudde.
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Sgt. Pepper there is still room to join is you would like. Just let me know by Wednesday if you are joining us, also if you and Mollie and Ian will join, or just you. I need to call and give a final head count to the Trailer office. Also there are no sheets or pillow, just beds so you need to bring this stuff, oh and ass paper. It would be cool for little riley 7yrs old if Ian came.
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

STAIRS.
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Maverick wrote:Sgt. Pepper there is still room to join is you would like. Just let me know by Wednesday if you are joining us, also if you and Mollie and Ian will join, or just you. I need to call and give a final head count to the Trailer office. Also there are no sheets or pillow, just beds so you need to bring this stuff, oh and ass paper. It would be cool for little riley 7yrs old if Ian came.
actuly riley is 3 but that would be tight and My wifes name is Mollie as well thats to funny if your goint to bring your boy bring his bike so he and riley can ride there bikes in the rv park
Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

The thread says that lodging is $25.00 per person. Does my kid count? Yes, I realize he is a person, but I didn't know if they were calculating it by # of beds used. And Sparky, my wife's name is Michelle.
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Maverick wrote:Sgt. Pepper there is still room to join is you would like. Just let me know by Wednesday if you are joining us, also if you and Mollie and Ian will join, or just you. I need to call and give a final head count to the Trailer office. Also there are no sheets or pillow, just beds so you need to bring this stuff, oh and ass paper. It would be cool for little riley 7yrs old if Ian came.

My Bad but you will note that smome other diver caled her Mollie as well

And I know kids are free if they are from ages ? to ? I have no idea what that age might be i would just bring him and dont sweat it but hey thats just me after all he is little how much space can he take up right

hope to see you there be neat to dive with ya againe
sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Adding one more non-Diver to the trailer. My 15 year old Daughter, Heather, is going to get certfied later on this summer.

I also need to ask about: Can we bring our small dog, also a Non-Diver.
He is a Pomeranian who has siezures sometimes and we do not want to leave him at home.

His name is, get this, "Sargent Pepper", For real!

We do not have to bring him, but it would be easier than finding someone to stay at home with him.

The Same woul apply for my 15 year old daughter :laughing3:

Bassman.
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Pepper I dont think you will be charged for ian, but if so its not a big deal because the diving will be worth it, but like spark said hes free.

Bass man I don't care if you bring the dog, but run it by sparky he is in charge of the trailer. And as for your daughter fine, the more the marrier.
Maverick

STAIRS.
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Ahhhh, another Beatles fan perhaps? Me and the fam are in. We will not be there Friday, but we will arrive early on Saturday. What time do you all tentatively plan to get started saturday? We will meet you at the trailer in the morning, party and hoop it up through Saturday, and stay through to Sunday afternoon. What can we bring as far as food or beer goes to help out? This is going to be great!
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Bassman
im with Mave on this one as far as I care bring the little fella im a dog lover my self and would bring my two labs but then I would have spend all weekend keeping them out of mischief and miss all the diving so our oldest son is takeing care of them for us .

and sure bring your doughter as well be nice to meet the whole clan
I am glad you and Tom are bringing your wifes as well I know My Mollie is looking foward to spending some time with some more christean women

and we both cant waite to meet every one
I am planning to be there like real early i hope to be there about 7:30 or 8:00 might even hit the water while i waite for every one else to make it out

hey if you have any questions you can reach me at home in the evenings at ( 503 ) 861-2611

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Great! I'm bringing The Dog and the Girl \:D/

Sparky, are we just going to plan on Lunch / dinner for Friday when we get there?
Tomnic and I will be there around 10:30 or 11:00 am.

we are looking to get a couple of dives in on Friday and then possibly a Friday night dive if the conditions are right.

I know I said I would bring Hot Dogs or Burgers for a BBQ

Can we decide on that as part of the Costco run?

Maybe some Sausages of some sort?

Brats or German?

We still need to figure out what we should bring for the Pot Luck, lunch & dinner on Saturday. :dontknow:

My Daughter is asking about swimming, maybe I should rent her a wet suit and snorkle gear, any ideas?
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

Do you-all know what your dive itinerary is for Satruday and Sunday? I would like to dive this weekend, and am interested in your trip, but not for staying overnight. My normal buds are unavailable this weekend, so it would be just me. Might this possible, and do you know what your plans are? Thanks!

Rich
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Hey Rich! Great question!

-I'm sure that some of the folks going are familiar with the area and have their plans all mapped out! \:D/

I, on the other hand, am neither familiar with the area nor do I have any dive's mapped out! I'll weigh in here, and hope to receive help / input from the more experienced folks going on the trip as to dive sites, etc.

Bassman and myself (and non-diving wives) will be arriving between 10:30 and 11:00 AM on Friday. We both want to get in 2 or 3 dives Friday day, and possibly a night dive Friday. Saturday 2 or 3 dives would be nice as well. Both of us have around 40 dives and I am AOW. We can shore dive, of course, and there is a rumor that Aquanutchuck (whom we have yet to meet) will be there early on Friday with his 16 foot zodiac.

I know it will all work out... if we can't do it here we will of course talk when everyone gets there. It's gonna be awesome! :supz:
Last edited by Tom Nic on Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I'm bringing 3 singles and one set of doubles. I'll be in and out of the water all day, everyday. So, get the address of the trailer and just show up. Someone will likely be on their way for a fill or another dive. :salute:
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

Saturday or Sunday works for me. Not entirely clear where you-all are going to be, but probably listed somewhere here. I've dived only Sund Rock over there. Crummy visibility and lousy weather that day, so wouldn't mind trying it again, or anything else out there for that matter. Did the Rescue Diver class (thanks Calvin), and my next dive will be number 50 - oh boy

:toimonster:
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

BASSMAN wrote:
Aquanautchuck, If you still have room in your Zodiak I'm sure Tom and I would like to go wth you and Sparky.

Is 4 too many? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Bassman, For Saturday it looks like it will be me, a friend [tenative] you and Tom diving and my GF as boat tender. What sites have you done by boat on the Canal and what is you dive experience? Go ahead and pm me.

If there are anyone else that wants to go out on Sunday let me know.

Charles
Last edited by Aquanautchuck on Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

I had planned for Sunday since I won't be there on Friday. Depends on the time I guess.
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Bassman: by all means bring her some gear to swim or snorkle with

as to every thing else Mollie was thinking we should just hold off untill every one got to the trailer and she would make a Costco Run while we were diving

I plan to do most of my diving at sund rock I never can get tired of divingthat site

I am bringing 4 tanks 2- steal 119s and 2 Al 80s

never know what the diving will be like so I always bring lots of tanks

so if you know how to get to sund rock we will be staying in the trailer house in fromnt of the old Hodsportndive shop we will be right on the water.

See you guys thee
Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

I will be arriving fri around 2pm with nailer and cuppie and calvin and maciek and the jims will be coming later in the evening.

I have two steel tanks and Cuppie has two steel tanks. I will dive a few on friday, and then 6 on sat and two on sun, maybe more?

This is going to be great.

Pepper find the directions that sparky posted to the trailer. see yah there.

don't for get TP. foryour ass.
Maverick

STAIRS.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

[quote="Diver_C"]Saturday or Sunday works for me. Not entirely clear where you-all are going to be, but probably listed somewhere here. I've dived only Sund Rock over there. Crummy visibility and lousy weather that day, so wouldn't mind trying it again, or anything else out there for that matter. Did the Rescue Diver class (thanks Calvin), and my next dive will be number 50 - oh boy

Wow 50! =D> I'm at 42 myself, looking forward to the big 5-0 also!
congratulations, in advance. See you this week end! :salute:
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Mav, give me a call to arrange the ride. Maciek and I are leaving the dive shop at 10 am !!!

Wooohooooo! :rr:
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

well i should be there long before the rest of you guys . I think I might even do a morning dive at sund rock solo if no one else is going to be there till later in the morning.

look for my Two Tone Blue RamCharger you will know its me look for the dive stickers,

Calvin please dont forget to bring the shirts mollie neds a MED and a small for Riley

I cant waite to see everyone this is going to be so $##$#$ Cool.
WE SO ROCK !!!

Sparky
Last edited by sparky on Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I will bring the shirts Sparky, and Maciek and I are shooting to get there by Noon so we'll look for your truck.
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

I will be rolling in around 1 pm. I will be in a rv space nest to the office. My truck is a forest green ford with a canopy and my zodiac is black and red. See you all there.

Charles
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Charles:
when you get there walk over to the trailer house and let us know that your there and meet the gang then

does any one else plan to be there early in the morning tomorrow or is it just me?

I could use a dive budy if any one can sneak out early if not I can dive solo I have done it before and know this site well

see you guys there

Mollie was thinking she would make a costco run in the early after noon or late morning after she has had a chance to meet with some of you to get a idea what was brought and or forgotten

on the lighter side of this I am packing my truck getting ready to head out every time I walk out side my 3 year old grandson Riley jumps and ask " Are you ready to go?" i think he is as excited as we are to get to the Hood Canal.
:wav:

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Hey Sparky! Don't know if you'll check this, but if you do, wait up! Bassman and myself will be there around 10ish... Don't you be goin' and divin' by yourself now! [-X [-X [-X

Tom Nic