June 30-July2 Hoodcanal Trip

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Tom Nic wrote:Hey Sparky! Don't know if you'll check this, but if you do, wait up! Bassman and myself will be there around 10ish... Don't you be goin' and divin' by yourself now! [-X [-X [-X

Tom Nic

ok Ill waite for you guys but I have dove solo before its no big deal I always stay above 40 feeet when diving solo.

I just swim around and check out what is going on in the rocks and eel grass never go far from shore or under andy thing but ill waite for yo at the trailer house going to leave hear around 3 or 4 and stop for brakefast
so look for my truck at the Hodsportndive shop you will see there dive flag sign when you first get to hodsport

if you dont see it there i should be at the trailer or real close to it
I dont have a cell phone so I will be out of contact while in transit

See you there
I am so excited it is unreal I feel like this is my first dive ever funny huh?

I will post some thing here just before leaveing the house so you guys will kow when im on the road

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Nailer, Cuppie and Myself are leaving my house in Issaquah, at 12 noon. Well, we are meeting at noon to load gear and the leaving, we are bringing 11 tanks, so by the time we strap them in Nailers ride and load all our gear safely so nothing blows up it will be 1230 at the latest. See you all in Hoosport.

:wav:
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

I found a friend to dive with! I think we might dive Sund twice in the morning, bbq with you-all, then dive Octo Hole afterwards. If hit the water by 10, should be done with Sund by 12:30 or so. Where will you be grilling lunch?

Have a great diving Friday! :partyman:

Rich
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Diver_C wrote:I found a friend to dive with! I think we might dive Sund twice in the morning, bbq with you-all, then dive Octo Hole afterwards. If hit the water by 10, should be done with Sund by 12:30 or so. Where will you be grilling lunch?

Have a great diving Friday! :partyman:

Rich
Rich :

Do you know the little RV park just past sund Rock on the same side of the road as the dive site ?
if you turn in there you will se a trailer house on your right just in front of the old Hoodsportndive shop building

well that would be us stop by and join us be real grate to meet you and your dive budy
you should not have any trouble finding us just look for althe North West Dive Club Shirts

in case you have not seen them beofre the look like the club logo
you know Dive flag with the Orca on it

see you there.

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

OK Gang: :prayer:

it's 2:30 am here and I am grabing a quick bite to eat and heading out to have a grate time with you all. =D>
it is a bout a 4 1/2 or 5 hour drive for me to get there so I should be there at about 8 or 8:30 :bootyshake: as we plan to stop for brakefast and I figure mollie and or grand son wil need a brake some where along the way.

looking foiward to seeing every one

:bootyshake: :wav:
its now PARTY TIME

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Man, Sparky's HARDCORE! w0Ot! See you all there!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Hardcore for sure. 2:30, I was sound asleep then.
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

"Sound" asleep.... couldn't resist \:D/
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

sparky wrote:OK Gang: :prayer:

it's 2:30 am here and I am grabing a quick bite to eat and heading out to have a grate time with you all. =D>
it is a bout a 4 1/2 or 5 hour drive for me to get there so I should be there at about 8 or 8:30 :bootyshake: as we plan to stop for brakefast and I figure mollie and or grand son wil need a brake some where along the way.

looking foiward to seeing every one

:bootyshake: :wav:
its now PARTY TIME

Sparky

Holy earlyness Batman!??!??!! When do you sleep? Hopefully, not while diving (or driving). I'm a night person, so I cannot fathom waking up that early for just about anything. Talk about dedication...

See you at the trailer-park....

Rich
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

Great day of diving Saturday at Sund and Octapus. Glad I ran into you guys at Sund. Wish could have stayed all weekend. Looking forward to your next diving party! :supz:

Rich
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Yes a great day indead!!! Sund rock is a fantastic place to dive! :supz: I must have seen 7 wolfies,a skate,Big nudies,. Man that was a great trip and a great success. Finally got to meet more members from the board. All different skill levels and everone had a good time. lets do this again soon..

Props to my boy Nailer Thanks for the hook up!! :partyman: :partyman: :salute:
Who run barter town?
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Anytime, DD! That was AWESOME! Saw my first Wolf eels, first Giant Nudibranch, first skate, and first dogfish! The dogfish stalked Calvin and I for a pretty good while on our night dive last night, and charged me a couple times! I had to defend myself. That was hard to do with Calvin hiding behind me and screaming the whole time, but I managed!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

That screaming you heard was me rooting for the dogfish Nailer :smt064

I had an awesome time folks, I'll write more later, I'm exhausted. I just wanted to say a quick thank you to Maverick for putting this together and to everyone that came out to Hood Canal. I wasn't sure how it'd all turn out but I have to say that this was one of the best dive trips I've ever had. What a great crew we have.

:supz:
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

Sorry that I missed the majority of it...but Tim and I did come out in the early afternoon...
I finally got to meet Sparky...Woo Hoo!!! What a great guy and his wife Mollie is a lot of fun and very nice...
There was a couple of others that were still there that we didn't get to meet since we were busy gearing up to dive.
Our dive was very cool, I was glad viz wasn't as bad as I had heard...
Great dives and hope to meet more of you soon...or at least see ya again at Cove 2
K
"Let's go diving!"
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

That was hard to do with Calvin hiding behind me and screaming the whole time, but I managed!

Thats crazy!! I was wondering what that noise was!! :bootyshake:
Who run barter town?
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

What a great time I had! Jim #1 and I saw the wrecked ship at Sund Beach today. It was probably in the neighborhood of 30 ft long and 15 ft tall. It was something straight out of the discovery channel. We saw 2 lion's manes in one dive and the biggest lingcod I have ever seen ... ever. Not to mention my first octopus on Saturday's night dive. Thanks again for the great dives and great company, and Michelle and I hope to meet up with everyone again soon.
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Glad you had a good time sgt! It was nice to meet you and your family.
Who run barter town?
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

It sure was fun meeting all of you this weekend. And Sparky and I sure had a dive to remember. I will never forget that 8' 6 gill [my very first real shark] or the mad large Dog Fish Shark. Thanks for the fun boat dive Sparky. \:D/

Since those that I was going to take out diving wimped out oops, I mean were hung over, no, no.no, were not able to go on the Zodiac today. You missed a great day of diving. I did two long dives at new sites. Had a blast. Spent over 7 hours on the water, I sure did not want to come home. See all of you again.

Charles
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Man, this is a long thread!

Had a Great Week end Guys! It was nice to meet people from this club!

The Dog fish were Awsome! Note to self:
"Dog Fish react to Laser pointer in a very agressive way."

What a rush!

Thanks to all, we do have a great group of people here!

BassMan.....Out!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Great to meet everyone! What an awesome time :supz:

Special thanks to Mav and Sparky and all the others who worked so hard in putting this together. :salute:

Let's do it again!! :bounce:

Hey guys, if you can, when you get rested, it would be great to get some detailed dive reports from each of you for this weekend. Bassman started the so-far-lonely Hood Canal Dive Report thread... Hope to see some of the weekend reports there. Break them up if it's easier... we want to hear!!

See you in the water...

Tom Nic
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

I guess I am going to have to get one of those laser pointers and find out for myself. ](*,) I wish I had been there to see them. Post a report on that dive letting us know how many and how they reacted.

Later
Charles
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

What can I say but WOW!!!!!

What grate time I am so glad we decided to do this. I am working on my dive reports and wil be sure to post them when I get them all done

a speacial thanks to Charles for the 6 gill dive I love that site we have to go there againe real soon

It was sure nice to have faces to place with the names, I agree with Tom I think my Mollie and Riley had as much fun as I did
thanks to every one for makeing them so welcome.

the food was grate almost as good as the diving. the best part was I got to see old friends like Charles againe and made some new friends as well

I noticed we were all plugging the club to every diver we would meet
so this weekend if nothing else was good for getting our name out there and now more folks know about us.

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Here's my photos of the gang (land photos) from Hood Canal.

UW photos coming soon.