June 30-July2 Hoodcanal Trip

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

sparky wrote:hey chuck is it too far from sund rock to that Rosie Ravaine that yuo took Jay and I to would like to try a nother dive that place was just to cool

Sparky
To drive to no. About 15 or 20 minutes by car. By boat yes. Poor Zodiac has top speed of 25.

If I did Rosie or Wolf Eel reef I would launch from Triton Cove. I may not be able to take all the divers but some for sure.

Charles
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

well. we hope to see you there any how Chuck :

I think you are going to like these guys there our kind of diver.

See you then Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Here is what we will do to make it simple, calvins idea. If you are making a specific dish, like nailers Enchiladas, bring everything you need from the ingredients to the pots and pans needed.

I will go to costco and get beverages (nonalcoholic) hot dogs burgers buns and chips and what ever else. then i will bring the receeipt and we will divide it by the number of people who make it.

If you are bringing a dish let me know what so I don't buy to much food, i need an Idea about how much to buy. list some items you want to see there, like chip, candy, dip, etc.
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Sounds great!
I'll bring some seasonings for the burgers and maybe some sort of snack food.
If we divide up the cost like that, it should be a good way to get plenty of food for our $$.

BassMan
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Yes I agree, a good bang for our buck.
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

STAIRS.
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

works for me I just cant waite till its time to PARTY

looking foward to seeing every one I have not had the chance to do any thing like this before while diving

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Yes sir this is going to be a great time!! :wav:
Who run barter town?
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Change of plans People, But for the better.

Because we have such and awesome group of divers we needed more space to accomodate everyone going and the people that I said there was no room for. So here is what my girlfriend worked out. Her Dads friend gave her use of there cabin at lake kushman about 15 mins from the trailer. So I broke up the group to allow for ScubaK and Tim and Sherri and Dave to all join us for a great dive weekend.

There are now two groups, I just choose the people That Cuppie knows personally to stay with her at the cabin, I thought that was fair.

So the groups are now
1)
Diverdown & Wife
Sparky wife and riley
tom nic and wife
Bassman

2)
Cuppie, Maverick
Jim1
Jim2
Calvin
Maciek
Nailler

the people I have on a waiting list, that are now able to join us in the trailer are, Scubak, Tim, and Dave and sherri. that puts the trailer at full. this will be awesome now that everyone can go.

Although now the food is a little more complicated, jim1 is still doing ribs Saturday night, and Nailer stilll is doing enchiladas saturday for luch, we will just come down to the trailer to eat, or go to the cabin,we'll figur it out.

Sparky do you think Mollie still wants to shop for the food, I think it will be the easiest if we split the food up between the two groups. So here is the idea, someone from the trailer (mollie) buys food for everyone there and you guys square up on cash, we will take care of our food for the cabin, and we will have the two planned meals which are saturday lunch and saturday dinner.

Sat. Lunch potluck is Nailers enchiladas, bassman was bringing BBq meet, like dogs and burgers, and then mollie said she had a good mac salad.
and we will have soda and chips and what ever else.

Sat. Dinner potluck Is Jim1's RIBS, My chilli, And then someone maybe can whip up some potatoe salad, and of course more burgers and dogs, and oysters and chips and salsa and what ever else.

then for the rest of the meals its just up to what ever you group has planned.

Sparky since you have stayed at the place before would you like to be in charge of the above list of group one. and set up your guys food arrangment and i will put you as a check in person with the front desk of the resort? Let me know if not I am sure one of the others would do it, but it sounded like you and mollie were really into this planning with me and you know where everything stands.

on another note, is anyone bringing pick-up trucks to run from the site to the camp?

Air cards are $30 bucks for 10 fills, so we will need to buy a few of those to save money on air. and hopefully we run out of punches and need to buy another round of cards.

let me know guys think and of every thing still sounds good, also let me know if for some reason the head count changes, like Tomnic and bassman there is totally enough room for your wives to join now!! \:D/
Maverick

STAIRS.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

That's awesome that everyone can make it now! :supz:
Maciek
Just Settling In

Post by Maciek »

One final variable to throw in.....TRANSPORTATION. Who wants to go with whom? Remember, gear takes up a lot of room. How far is the RV park from the dive site? (will we need to drive to it, or will people from the cabin drive to RV park with gear and then just dive from there?).
Maciek Waligora
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Maciek, I thought we were all riding with you. :violent3:
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Well, I can haul quite a bit of stuff in the Sprinter- It's only a 2-seater, but I have no doubt I could fit all the gear for 7-10 divers in it. Maybe more.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Maciek
Just Settling In

Post by Maciek »

Sounds like I need to dust off that school bus I bought on E bay..he he he, just kidding. I can take three passengers in my car, but I can't fit any big bins (it's just a sedan with a regular trunk).
Maciek Waligora
Maciek
Just Settling In

Post by Maciek »

I take that back...I could possibly borrow my dad's van. It can seat four comfortably, and can handle gear for 4-6 divers (big bins + tanks are okay). I'll confirm this shortly.
Maciek Waligora
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Bad news guys I just found out today that I will be working that weekend. My company has scheduled a 3 day shutdown for maintenence. That is a 72 hr shutdown with some double time. I cant pass up the oportunity for 64 bucks an hour. :supz: It kinda sucks that it fell on that weekend. One of these days I will be able to join the group on a club dive .](*,)
Who run barter town?
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

HEy MAV:

Mollie said she would be more then glad to head the grub run for our gorup

we can work out some thing when we get there or you all can pm me
I can also be a check in person no sweat on that one I think this is going to work out just fine we can do the BBQ at the Trailer house as the park is going to set there BBQ over there for us so remind them yes?

And the trailer is actuly located right beside the dive site
there is a ten dollar day use fee but that is per car/ truck so we can pack some gear in to a couple trucks and rest can hike over we can work that out when we all get there.

I am planning to be leaveing home at about 4:30 or 5:00 in the morning on the friday so I can be there early and may be get a dive in while I waite for you all to arive,

I love diving first thing in the morning and plan to spend more time under water then above any how

I am getting realy excited this is going to be so cool.
Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Is everyone staying friday and saturday? I have a rv site at Rest Awhile for Friday and Saturday. Like I mentioned, I have room in my Zodiac for 2 or 3 other divers for anyone that wants to dive some other sites other than Sund let me know.
Looking forward to meeting some other divers. =D>

Charles
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Diver Down :

Say it isn.t so brother I was rewaly looking foward to seeing you and Tracy againe what a bummer.
Oh No that means I have to waite to try the Dry suit too shoot!!!!

too bad you cant atleast drive out for a day trip or even a night dive
Well we should be doin thhis some time soon I hope

Sorry to hear you guys wont be comeing was looking foward to seeing you againe.

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

I can still send it out with some one. mabey Calvin can give you an orientation dive with it..
Who run barter town?
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

DiverDown wrote:I can still send it out with some one. mabey Calvin can give you an orientation dive with it..

dude that would be grate please do that

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I'm willing to help out with that :salute:
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Ok I was talking to mollie ( my wife ) and this is her thoughts on the trailer house group we plan to be ariveing real early hope to be there about 7:30 8:00 or so in the morning. she was thinking she would run to Costco and pick up some stuff and we could work out the detales later when every one arives

I was abule to talk My Mollie in to makeing french toast for us on Saturday for brakefast with bacon and tatters. if every one wants to kick in with the cost of that .

but she tells me she is going to church on Sunday morning so we will be on our own. I vote for biskets and gravey at the resturant. acros the road thay are the bomb.

So shopping list for trailer house as I under stand it is thus.

Eggs for french toast
Milk for same
tatters
syrup for french toast butter and bacon .
we will also be wanting some salad I would asume I know we are big salad eaters as to Salad what about salad dressing we will be bringing French and Ranch any one want any thing differant should bring it with you .
then we just need to think about chips and drinks
any one else think of some thing let me know

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Cool Sparky thanks for helping out. You and i will just compare notes and plan a couple things to go with our saturday BBQ and RIBS. As for breakfast we are eating out both days, more dive time that way. Dont forget about oysters, and clams, riley should love that.
Maverick

STAIRS.
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

I think Tim and I are coming out early Sat to dive with everyone.
This should be too cool. Finally get to meet everybody and do some diving.
We are only staying for the day though.
K
"Let's go diving!"
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Now that the "No Room at the Inn" is not an issue, I would like to include my wife also. \:D/

Okay?

Sparky please thank Mollie for us, sounds like a good plan!
How about I bring some ingredients for some Natcho's?
or Chips and dip?

Bassman :smt035 (Keith)