Wacky Wednesday West (WWW) - 9/25/13

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
aadolfi
Aquaphile

Wacky Wednesday West (WWW) - 9/25/13

Post by aadolfi »

For those of you who are not familiar with this weekly dive, welcome to Wacky Wednesday West!!!

In short, this is a weekly event hosted by GUE Seattle, but this event is open to ANY diver who wants to come out and dive , regardless of skill, background, etc. It is a great chance to meet others in the community, dive with some outstanding divers and try new equipment, skills and techniques.

Need a buddy? No Problem!!! We will hook you up. We have many active recreational, technical, and cave divers as well as instructors and dive masters who frequent these events and they are a great place to pick up extra diving knowledge! Additionally, if you would like to try out any piece of dive equipment whether it be a camera, bp/w, argon system, doubles, jet fins, canister light, undergarment, or even a scooter, it can all be arranged. All you have to do is ask.

Dive times are as follows:

Dive 1 - 4:30 to 5 splash
Dive 2 - 6:00 to 6:30 splash

Those are the splash times, so be sure to arrive with ample time to set up your own gear. If you need last minute tank fills, 5th Dimension is located right on Harbor Ave--only a 2 minute drive from the site!

The dives will both be held at Seacrest Cove 2 located right next to Marination at Seacrest Park on Harbor Ave on Alki. Directions: http://goo.gl/maps/eNMW7

Come on down and join us for diving! We also typically go out for food and beer afterwards(also known as Dive 3). Both Marination and the W Seattle Matador are frequent post dive destinations.

If you have additional questions feel free to drop me a PM here on the board or look for my Red Dodge Ram with canopy in the Cove 2 parking lot. Trust me, you can't miss it!!! There is a GUE sticker on the back window. I usually do not make the first dive, but should be there by 530 to start gearing up for dive 2. If you are showing up for dive 1 and need a buddy, make sure you coordinate with someone to ensure there will be another diver to join you.
Last edited by aadolfi on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
The purpose of life should not be to journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Holy S#it!!!" What a Ride!!!
seattlepaul1975
Compulsive Diver

Re: Wacky Wednesday West (WWW) - 9/25/13

Post by seattlepaul1975 »

I won't be in the WWW Dives this week...I will be there but for a perfect buoyancy dive session.
Micah
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Micah »

I will be there for all dives!
njnigam
Frequent Bubbler

Post by njnigam »

I will definitely be there for both dives! Do we generally need a light for the second one? It looks like mine just broke.
aadolfi
Aquaphile

Post by aadolfi »

I would say yes you will need a light for the 2nd one. Depending on viz, you may need a light for the first one as well....
The purpose of life should not be to journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Holy S#it!!!" What a Ride!!!
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I'm GOING TO BE THERE!!!!! Nirupam, I can bring you a hand-held light (I'm a little short on canister lights at the moment), but I would guess that Koos has something he could let you use, too.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
njnigam
Frequent Bubbler

Post by njnigam »

LCF wrote:I'm GOING TO BE THERE!!!!! Nirupam, I can bring you a hand-held light (I'm a little short on canister lights at the moment), but I would guess that Koos has something he could let you use, too.
That's awesome, thank you! I would actually prefer and hand held because I'll have a camera in the other hand.