Wacky Wednesday West (WWW) - 10/2/13

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Bex
Frequent Bubbler

Wacky Wednesday West (WWW) - 10/2/13

Post by Bex »

For those of you who are not familiar with this weekly dive, welcome to Wacky Wednesday West!!!

In short, this is a weekly event hosted by GUE Seattle, but this event is open to ANY diver who wants to come out and dive , regardless of skill, background, etc. It is a great chance to meet others in the community, dive with some outstanding divers and try new equipment, skills and techniques.

Need a buddy? No Problem! We will hook you up. We have many active recreational, technical, and cave divers as well as instructors and dive masters who frequent these events and they are a great place to pick up extra diving knowledge. Additionally, if you would like to try out any piece of dive equipment whether it be a camera, bp/w, argon system, doubles, jet fins, canister light, undergarment, or even a scooter, it can all be arranged. All you have to do is ask.

Dive times are as follows:

Dive 1 - 4:30 to 5 splash
Dive 2 - 6:00 to 6:30 splash

Those are the splash times, so be sure to arrive with ample time to set up your own gear. If you need last minute tank fills, 5th Dimension is located right on Harbor Ave--only a 2 minute drive from the site.

The dives will both be held at Seacrest Cove 2 located right next to Marination at Seacrest Park on Harbor Ave on Alki. Directions: http://goo.gl/maps/eNMW7

Come on down and join us for diving! We also typically go out for food and beer afterwards(also known as Dive 3). Both Marination and the W Seattle Matador are frequent post dive destinations.

If you have additional questions feel free to drop me or AAdolfi (Alex) a PM here on the board or look for our Red Dodge Ram with canopy in the Cove 2 parking lot. Trust us, you can't miss it!!! There is a GUE sticker on the back window. We typically do not make the first dive, but should be there by 5:30 to start gearing up for dive 2. If you are showing up for dive 1 and need a buddy, make sure you coordinate with someone to ensure there will be another diver to join you.

Hope to see you Wednesday!
Bex and Alex
Bert Brezicha
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Re: Wacky Wednesday West (WWW) - 10/2/13

Post by Bert Brezicha »

I thought the WWW stood for West Seattle Wednesday Weekly?.....or was it Weekly West Seattle Wednesday?
......or...West Seattle Weekly Wednesday? Oh well...somehow it got all wacky.......
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Unfortunately, I'll be working . . . almost every day between now and -- wait for it -- leaving for MEXICO!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

I'm still out in Florida till next week.

Have fun!!

Bert - it's "Wacky Wednesday West" Seattle dive.. See the dive planning section on this board :)
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
seattlepaul1975
Compulsive Diver

Post by seattlepaul1975 »

I am out this week and next. Next week I will have to miss as I will be in God's Pocket for 5 days of diving! :taco:
seainggreen
Dive-aholic

Post by seainggreen »

Looking forward to joining a few of these dives in the next several months!

Good to "see" you Bex, glad to have my cammo twin here... :)
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln, 1809 - 1865
Seainggreen Productions, LLC
njnigam
Frequent Bubbler

Post by njnigam »

I think I should be able to make both! :)
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Working . . . and then coming home and heading to CAVEZZZZ! I won't be joining you guys again until the end of the month.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
karant
Frequent Bubbler

Post by karant »

Dive 1 and maybe 2. I will bring my camera to take pics of the little critters :eric:

Lynne we will miss you, have a TON of FUN in the CAVEZZZZZZZ!
karant
Frequent Bubbler

Post by karant »

No camera, need a new housing oring, next time.....