Wacky Wednesday West (WWW) - 10/9/13

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Bex
Frequent Bubbler

Wacky Wednesday West (WWW) - 10/9/13

Post by Bex »

For those of you who are not familiar with this weekly dive, welcome to Wacky Wednesday West, also known as the weekly Tweak Dive (as in Tweak your skills.....)

This is a weekly event hosted by GUE Seattle, and this event is open to ANY diver who wants to come out and dive, regardless of skill, background, etc. It is a great chance to meet others in the community, dive with some outstanding divers and try new equipment, skills and techniques.

Need a buddy? No Problem! We will hook you up. We have many active recreational, technical, and cave divers as well as instructors and dive masters who frequent these events and they are a great place to pick up extra diving knowledge. Additionally, if you would like to try out any piece of dive equipment whether it be a back plate and wing, argon system, doubles, jet fins, canister light, undergarment, or even a scooter, it can all be arranged. All you have to do is ask.

Dive times are as follows:

Dive 1 - 4:30 to 5 splash
Dive 2 - 6:00 to 6:30 splash

Those are the splash times, so be sure to arrive with ample time to set up your own gear. If you need last minute tank fills, 5th Dimension is located right on Harbor Ave--only a 2 minute drive from the site.

The dives will both be held at Seacrest Cove 2 located right next to Marination at Seacrest Park on Harbor Ave on Alki. Directions: http://goo.gl/maps/eNMW7

Come on down and join us for diving! We also typically go out for food and beer afterwards(also known as Dive 3). Both Marination and the W Seattle Matador are frequent post dive destinations.

If you have additional questions feel free to drop me or aadolfi (Alex) a PM here on the board. Bex and Alex will be out of town this week, but if you have questions feel free to post them in this thread or send a message to Koos (kdupreez here on the board). If you are showing up for dive 1 and need a buddy, make sure you coordinate with someone to ensure there will be another diver to join you.

Hope you make it out this Wednesday!
Bex and Alex
JayO
Avid Diver

Re: Wacky Wednesday West (WWW) - 10/9/13

Post by JayO »

1st and 2nd.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

I'll be there for at least 2 and 3 :supz:

WOOT!!!
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
msblazer
Just Settling In

Post by msblazer »

Still stuck out in purgatory - Chicago. Just finished one trial and heading into another. Looks like I won't be back home until the end of the month. Miss you guys, and the pale ale and fish tacos.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them.
I shall use my time.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Sorry, I won't make it this week. But I'll think of you guys while I'm cave diving :)
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
KaizerWilhelm
Avid Diver

Post by KaizerWilhelm »

Probably 1 & 2
dewmercer
Avid Diver

Post by dewmercer »

I'm in for both hopefully. Anybody interested in a scoot?
--
DAve Mercer
Bert Brezicha
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Bert Brezicha »

I plan to be there for Dive 1.
karant
Frequent Bubbler

Post by karant »

I am planning for Dive 1.

I will also be meeting a buddy at 1pm, if anybody wants an early, early dive, let me know :joshsmith:
Micah
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Micah »

I will be there for a late dive 2 at 7!
kiwi
Frequent Bubbler

Post by kiwi »

In For 2 & 3, Will Try To Make The First
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Mike - bring along your favorite all blacks jersey :p
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
archisgore
Aquaphile

Post by archisgore »

I'm in for 2 and 3.

A friend whom I recently met at a party will be there. He's a NAUI-trained diver from the peninsula. He'll probably drop by for some freediving or swimming on the surface, but he's been wanting to get back into a regular community, so I invited him for a meet-and-greet. In case I don't get there in time, extend him a warm welcome.
mpspringer
Frequent Bubbler

Post by mpspringer »

Count me in for the later dive!
dreselly
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by dreselly »

1st, 2nd & 3rd