Wacky Wednesday West (WWW) 11/13/2013

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Bex
Frequent Bubbler

Wacky Wednesday West (WWW) 11/13/2013

Post by Bex »

Wacky Wednesday West (WWW), otherwise known as the weekly Tweak Dive on Wednesday, Nov 6th. Classes are done with passes all around! Now it is time to to get out and do some fun diving. Looking forward to seeing you all there this week.

For those that don't know, this is a weekly event hosted by GUE Seattle, and is open to ANY diver who wants to come out and dive, regardless of skill, background, etc. It is a great chance to meet others in the community, dive with some outstanding divers and try new equipment, skills and techniques.

Need a buddy? No Problem! We will hook you up. We have many active recreational, technical, and cave divers as well as instructors and dive masters who frequent these events and they are a great place to pick up extra diving knowledge. Additionally, if you would like to try out any piece of dive equipment whether it be a back plate and wing, argon system, doubles, jet fins, canister light, undergarment, or even a scooter, it can all be arranged. All you have to do is ask.

Dive times are as follows:

Dive 1 - 4:30 to 5 splash
Dive 2 - 6:00 to 6:30 splash

Those are the splash times, so be sure to arrive with ample time to set up your own gear. If you need last minute tank fills, 5th Dimension is located right on Harbor Ave--only a 2 minute drive from the site.

The dives will both be held at Seacrest Cove 2 located right next to Marination at Seacrest Park on Harbor Ave on Alki. Directions: http://goo.gl/maps/eNMW7

Come on down and join us for diving! We also typically go out for food and beer afterwards (also known as Dive 3). Both Marination and the W Seattle Matador are frequent post dive destinations.

If you have additional questions feel free to drop me or aadolfi (Alex) a PM here on the board. Both Alex and I will be there this week for the second dive at 6pm, look for the Red Dodge Truck w/Canopy. If you are showing up for dive 1 and need a buddy, make sure you coordinate with someone to ensure there will be another diver to join you.

Hope you make it out this Wednesday!
Bex and Alex
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Re: Wacky Wednesday West (WWW) 11/13/2013

Post by kdupreez »

I'm IN for 1-2-3 :partyman:
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
dewmercer
Avid Diver

Post by dewmercer »

In
--
DAve Mercer
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

DMing Peter's OW class, so I won't be there.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
dewmercer
Avid Diver

Post by dewmercer »

Out - family stuff
--
DAve Mercer
ldevore
Compulsive Diver

Post by ldevore »

I will be there. I think B Dub is going too, but not 100% positive.

Lauri
Anderthal
Just Settling In

Post by Anderthal »

I'm in for #1. Will need a buddy.
monk
Avid Diver

Post by monk »

Looks like WWW will work for me this week. :eric: I'll make 1, 2 and probably 3 as well! I packed the scoot if anyone else wants to.
BillZ
Aquanaut

Post by BillZ »

Mark (BM5W), a few non-NWDC friends and I are meeting up at Cove 2 around 5ish. I'm in a silver 4-Runner with a expedition roof rack - If anyone needs a buddy let us know or just drop by and say hi.
Last edited by BillZ on Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Looks like its going to be an EPIC crew out this week!!

I'll be there at 4pm and I'm in a grey-ish Chevy Colorado with a GUE decal on the back.

woohoo!! I sense some good times will be had tonight!

:joshsmith:
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Sorry to miss it, but somebody has to help create new divers . . . :)
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
rajaprabhu
Getting To Know Folks

Post by rajaprabhu »

I'm in for the 2nd dive. I'll be there around 5:30PM.
monk
Avid Diver

Post by monk »

I should arrive around 4 in a black Pontiac Vibe hatchback.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

rajaprabhu wrote:I'm in for the 2nd dive. I'll be there around 5:30PM.

We usually splash around 4:30 and again at 6:30, so if you get there while we are all underwater for dive 1, please do hang around!! :)

My truck as a GUE sticker on the rear window as does a few other folks.

see you there!!

Koos
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Dang, sorry I'm out of town or I'd like to attend this one.

I haven't dove with monk since he started remembering his hood... :)

And now he's scooting already, nice!