Wacky Wednesday West (WWW) 11/20/13

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Bex
Frequent Bubbler

Wacky Wednesday West (WWW) 11/20/13

Post by Bex »

Wacky Wednesday West (WWW), otherwise known as the weekly Tweak Dive on Wednesday, Nov 20th. Lots of regulars and some fun new faces as well last week. Looking forward to a great turn out again this week!!!

For those that don't know, this is a weekly event hosted by GUE Seattle, and is open to ANY diver who wants to come out and dive, regardless of skill, background, etc. It is a great chance to meet others in the community, dive with some outstanding divers and try new equipment, skills and techniques.

Need a buddy? No Problem! We will hook you up. We have many active recreational, technical, and cave divers as well as instructors and dive masters who frequent these events and they are a great place to pick up extra diving knowledge. Additionally, if you would like to try out any piece of dive equipment whether it be a back plate and wing, argon system, doubles, jet fins, canister light, undergarment, or even a scooter, it can all be arranged. All you have to do is ask.

Dive times are as follows:

Dive 1 - 4:30 to 5 splash
Dive 2 - 6:00 to 6:30 splash

Those are the splash times, so be sure to arrive with ample time to set up your own gear. If you need last minute tank fills, 5th Dimension is located right on Harbor Ave--only a 2 minute drive from the site.

The dives will both be held at Seacrest Cove 2 located right next to Marination at Seacrest Park on Harbor Ave on Alki. Directions: http://goo.gl/maps/eNMW7

Come on down and join us for diving! We also typically go out for food and beer afterwards (also known as Dive 3). Both Marination and the W Seattle Matador are frequent post dive destinations.

If you have additional questions feel free to drop me or aadolfi (Alex) a PM here on the board. Both Alex and I will be there this week for the second dive at 6pm, look for the Red Dodge Truck w/Canopy. If you are showing up for dive 1 and need a buddy, make sure you coordinate with someone to ensure there will be another diver to join you.

Hope you make it out this Wednesday!
Bex and Alex
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Re: Wacky Wednesday West (WWW) 11/20/13

Post by kdupreez »

I am IN for Dives 1 through 3 :joshsmith:

If anyone wants to borrow any gear, drop me a PM.. I have spares in Halcyon BP/Wing, Long Hose Regs, Lights (HID and LED - with or without canister), OLED computers, etc. etc... probably have some spare tanks too :)
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
Anderthal
Just Settling In

Post by Anderthal »

I'm in for 1!
-Andy
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Working, AGAIN . . .
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Sadly, work got me bogged down today.. Im out :(
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
Anderthal
Just Settling In

Post by Anderthal »

Unfortunately, I'm out too.
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Anyone still going tonight? I could use a buddy for the early dive