Wacky Wednesday West – 04/16/14

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Bex
Frequent Bubbler

Wacky Wednesday West – 04/16/14

Post by Bex »

It's time for another wed night dive. For those that don't know, this is a weekly event hosted by GUE Seattle, and is open to ANY diver who wants to come out and dive, regardless of skill, background, etc. It is a great chance to meet others in the community, dive with some outstanding divers and try new equipment, skills and techniques.

Need a buddy? No Problem! We will hook you up. We have many active recreational, technical, and cave divers as well as instructors and dive masters who frequent these events and they are a great place to pick up extra diving knowledge. Additionally, if you would like to try out any piece of dive equipment whether it be a back plate and wing, argon system, doubles, jet fins, canister light, undergarment, or even a scooter, it can all be arranged. All you have to do is ask.

Please respond to this message if you need a buddy or any equipment and we will be make sure you are set up.

Dive times are as follows:

Dive 1 - 4:30 to 5 splash (attendance tends to be low for the first dive in the winter months so be sure to post here and confirm a buddy before you show up)
Dive 2 - 6:00 to 6:30 splash

Those are the splash times, so be sure to arrive with ample time to set up your own gear. If you need last minute tank fills, 5th Dimension is located right on Harbor Ave--only a 2 minute drive from the site.

The dives will both be held at Seacrest Cove 2 located right next to Marination at Seacrest Park on Harbor Ave on Alki. Directions: http://goo.gl/maps/eNMW7. We also typically go out for food and beer afterwards (also known as Dive 3). Both Marination and the W Seattle Matador are frequent post dive destinations.

If you have additional questions feel free to drop me or aadolfi (Alex) a PM here on the board. Unfortunately both Alex and I will not be there this week. If you plan on diving this week and need a buddy, please make sure you coordinate with someone to ensure there will be another diver to join you.

Hope you make it out this Wednesday!
Bex and Alex
mheyns
Avid Diver

Re: Wacky Wednesday West – 04/16/14

Post by mheyns »

I'm interested. It would be my first WWW! :-)

Two points:

1) I don't have a buddy available and would love one. I know Cove 2 well so just need someone for the company. :-)
2) Picked up a set of doubles (LP95s) last week and I don't have any experience with them. Would love to meet up with someone who can give me a few tips and such.

Michael
Goodt_godiving
Aquaphile

Post by Goodt_godiving »

I am going to try to make it as I thought I had a Wed buddy but as it turns out I do NOT! :) I will only make the later dive and will need a buddy if I am able to make it and a buddy who does not mind staying a bit shallow.
Anderthal
Just Settling In

Post by Anderthal »

I plan to be there for the 6:30 splash....best cure in the world for 9 hours at a desk!
RenaB
Aquaphile

Post by RenaB »

One more week of nights then I am free!! Then I free up my evening shifts by June, and I will be up for these YAY! Not this time though. Wish I could come up and dive with Janey, slightly shallow would be perfect.
Rena

Drink water, breathe air. Never get these mixed up.
Bex
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Bex »

Goodt_godiving and mheyns I'm sorry both Alex and I can't attend this week! We should be back in the game next Wednesday and would love to dive with one or both of you.
Goodt_godiving
Aquaphile

Post by Goodt_godiving »

RenaB wrote:One more week of nights then I am free!! Then I free up my evening shifts by June, and I will be up for these YAY! Not this time though. Wish I could come up and dive with Janey, slightly shallow would be perfect.
Rena - we will dive together SOOOOON!!!