Tuesday July 8 - TTN, Titlow, then DIW

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Tuesday July 8 - TTN, Titlow, then DIW

Post by Tom Nic »

Dive #1 - Three Tree North. Meet at 10 AM, splash when we get geared up. Cardiver and Tom Nic are confirmed for this.

Dive #2 - Titlow. Meet at about 2:30 PM, plan to fin up and begin surface swim at 3:30, head for the pilings, do the ledges and end up at the dolphins. North end slack is about 4 PM, with not much water moving afterwards. Bassman and Tom Nic are confirmed for this one.

Dive #3?? Great late evening slack for DIW, no one in yet, and I don't think I want to do this one alone. North end narrows slack is at 21:34, which means we will be finning up at 20:20 to swim out and drop an hour ahead. Last night's dive was perfect using this calculation. If this happens it would make meet time at 19:00 to 19:30.

Any are welcome to join us - we will do 60 minute plus dives at each.
Last edited by Tom Nic on Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Tuesday July 8 - TTN, Titlow, then DIW?

Post by YellowEye »

I'm in for DIW :)
-Eric
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

YellowEye wrote:I'm in for DIW :)
-Eric
OK, looks like we have a 3rd dive for the day!

Anyone else?
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
johnclark
Aquaphile

Post by johnclark »

I'll join for Dive 1! =) See you at 10AM.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

johnclark wrote:I'll join for Dive 1! =) See you at 10AM.
Awesome!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

I'm there for dive #2 at Titlow! :supz:
May or may not, join in on Dive #3. :dontknow:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

I would encourage new divers to come to the Titlow Dive, with us. :smt064 Shallow (40 foot) and lots of critters / life to see there.
Three Tree N. can be deeper (60 to 90 feet) and Day Island Wall is for advanced divers. Just my 2 cents worth. :supz:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Well Dive #1 went in the crapper. I forgot to hook up my dry suit inflator in the rush to get out of the heat, Ron lost a strap, Adrian had can light issues, and the current was SCREAMING. By the time my hose got sorted out we called the dive - it was the strongest current they had experienced so we figured live to dive another day!

And of course Ron had to bring up the "Three Tree curse".... :)

Gorgeous weather, I think I lost 5 pounds going in and out of the water... :axe:

OK, quick lunch, then on to Titlow!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

We are at Titlow waiting a few minutes to gear up.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Titlow done, 3 of us, good dive, now killing time until DIW.
johndo88
Compulsive Diver

Re: Tuesday July 8 - TTN, Titlow, then DIW

Post by johndo88 »

My wife and I will try to join you at DIW tonight. We are leaving North Bend now (1812). Splash without us if we can't get there on time.
johnclark
Aquaphile

Post by johnclark »

Thanks for the adventures Tom and Ron! Until next time. =) I want to see the picture Ron got.
johndo88
Compulsive Diver

Post by johndo88 »

Great dive you all planned. I especially like what you did with the currents, making them so manageable. :)
Ok, seriously great dive. Octopus, wolf eel, very minimal currents, great sunset upon surfacing, calm waters. Really nice evening. Lynne and I had a great time.