Showers at Keystone ?

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
SeahorseDeb
Avid Diver

Showers at Keystone ?

Post by SeahorseDeb »

Any info appreciated on the "hot showers" at Keystone Jetty i.e. cost and location (do we access them by the ferry).

My friend and I will be hitting the jetty at slack tide on Oct 12 then driving back to Spokane. I'd like to shower and rinse gear....is that all possible at this location?

Thanks!!
Debbie
Why is the water so green......
LCF
I've Got Gills

Re: Showers at Keystone ?

Post by LCF »

There are pay showers in the restrooms at Keystone. I've never used them, so I don't remember what they cost, and I don't know how hot the water is.

There is a free cold water shower outside.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

I don't use them anymore, but somebody told me that 50c for 3 minutes. Bring quarters. I used them when I started diving there many years ago, they used to cost 25 cents, all year long, while the outside shower gets turned off when freeze arrives.
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
SeahorseDeb
Avid Diver

Post by SeahorseDeb »

Thankyou Jan and Laura! ---Jan I had just finished looking at your posts regarding the critters at the jetty, and Laura I had just packed my goodie bag which is for any trash I find (and hope not to)--
Debbie
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Last time I was there the water was quite hot but the rest rooms themselves aren't exactly heated. Bring lots of quarters and flip flops. The shower has no door but its around a corner so private.

Don't rinse your gear inside, the drain will clog with sand and the rangers won't be happy.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
SeahorseDeb
Avid Diver

Post by SeahorseDeb »

Hi Captain!
Thankyou for the tips! I wouldn't wash my gear inside...tempting but not cool. I suppose the rangers have fits when they get the call that the drains aren't working because there's a sand clog in them. Thanks for the info on the flip flops! Well, it's just about time to come over, I see the rain might kick up...darn it! Oh well, I love to critter watch, so it'll be fun. My first salt water dive since I saw some NWDC members at Redondo in May! Next summer I'll be over more, we had this little trip to Europe for our family this summer that derailed my diving,.. Ahem.
Deb
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Have fun, Keystone is one of the best shore dives in the PNW :)
Don't forget you need a discover pass ($30) or a day pass to park there.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
SeahorseDeb
Avid Diver

Post by SeahorseDeb »

How do we pay---cash or debit? I'm thinking cash and it's unattended so we put the envelope into the rangers box....
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

That's a good question perhaps JanK can tell you the options at that site. The machine is automated but I don't know the denominations it accepts. If you don't have the right form of $$ you can always go over to the Fort Casey campground and pay for a day pass there.
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

If it was me, I would drive to nearby Fort Casey ranger office and buy the 30 dollars pass for 365 days. It is good for all the state parks in WA. Who knows, you might like the diving here and come back next year. :)
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
SeahorseDeb
Avid Diver

Post by SeahorseDeb »

I sure will Jan! If they're good 365 days from the date I purchase and not Jan1-Dec31 then I'll use it! There's a freshwater lake over here..Marshall.. With incredible vis that needs the Discover Pass. Ft. Casey... I'm on the way! I hope to see you sometime to Jan! I always went by Whidbey in favor of San Juan Island but no more! I want to explore more of what Whidbey offers...and other choice locations within a shorter drive... :partydance:
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Yes Discover Passes are good for 365 days from date of purchase. A few more if you buy by mail (they allow a few extra days for the mailing)
SealScott
Frequent Bubbler

Post by SealScott »

I'm glad all of this helpful information paid off! Isn't this club great :-)
It was nice running into you at Keystone.
SeahorseDeb
Avid Diver

Post by SeahorseDeb »

Scott....which one were you...the one who helped me peel off my drysuit or the one taking pictures wearing no gloves?? :eek:
It was a glorious dive!! I have only a couple dives on my GoPro...here's the result. I tried to use my software to edit it however after 7 hours and failing three times I sufficed to use GoPros little template but it's a bit too fast.

When I figure out which person you are.....it'll be nice to say "It was good meeting you too!" My buddy had an excellent second dive, I was not able to wear a heavier undergarment due to my tight fitting drysuit. I just sold that suit and hopefully will be in a new one that fits better that affords me room to wear the proper heat insulation!!

http://vimeo.com/109090716