Michigan Diver Vacationing in Washington

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
mtuaaron
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Michigan Diver Vacationing in Washington

Post by mtuaaron »

Hello all, My name is Aaron, and I have been diving with my beautiful wife for the last 1.5 years. In that time, we have managed to switch dive stores twice, change regs at least 3 times, buy too many tanks to care, buy drysuits, and hangup the 7mm farmer john's, and have one heck of time time having fun underwater.

We have now been relocated for work to Germany, but I am visiting Spokane this weekend.

I know this is last minute but I was hoping that someone might want to be my buddy this weekend, or some time during Oct. 11-16.

- What is your current level of experience (number of dives, certification level)? 132 Dives, Certified through Rescue, including Ice, River, and Nitrox
- Are you new to the area or new to diving cold water? New to the area, as it is work trip related for the week.
- What type of diving are you interested in? Any
- Do you have any preferences or limitations that your dive buddies should be aware of? (e.g., don't like to go deeper than ___, don't like to do long surface swims, prefer seeing critters to wrecks, etc.) No
- When are you available to go diving? Oct 11-16

Please contact me before End of Day October 9 if you are available.

aaron.mtu@gmail.com
SeahorseDeb
Avid Diver

Re: Michigan Diver Vacationing in Washington

Post by SeahorseDeb »

Greetings!
I am in Spokane too, although I'm actually going to The Sound for a few dives this weekend. To hook up with some Spokane-Coeur d'Alene divers, here are some ways:

Go to our Facebook page "Inland Northwest Divers" and post there that you're in our area. We have several good dive sites and I have a few of them organized I our pictures>albumns page. When I see your post there, I'm a moderator and I'll blast the page with it to help you. The other way is to check in with our three local dive shops: Spokane--Atlantis Aquatics and two in Coeur d'Alene "Toms Diving" and "Divers West."

I'd definately take you around on the weekend, but this is only my second trip to saltwater this summer so I'm headed over. If I can help in any other way, post here and I'll do amap!

The water temps run about 56 in Lake CDA until you hit the 47 degree thermocline at 38 feet. Last weekend on Lake Pend Oreille I went out to a nice barge at 60 feet and the temp was 60 with no thermocline. Viz was 15 feet and that's decent for our lakes with no spring runoff :taco: this barge is located in Bayview on Lake PO.

I have a video of that dive here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rmb02MBBdzE

Debbie
Why is the water so green......