GUE Seattle - Mid Week Tweak - 3/11/15

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Bex
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Bex »

Welcome to GUE Seattle’s Midweek Tweak! This is a once a month dive hosted by GUE Seattle and is open to ANY and ALL divers who want to come out and dive, regardless of skill, background, etc. It is a great chance to meet others in the community, dive with some outstanding divers and try new equipment, skills and techniques. The Tweak is also a great chance to meet local GUE divers and learn more about the GUE organization.

Need a buddy? No Problem! We will hook you up. We have plenty of active recreational divers, technical divers, cave divers, instructors, and divemasters who dive with us, and the tweak is a great opportunity to pick up a little extra diving knowledge. If you would like to try out any piece of dive equipment whether it’s a backplate and wing, argon system, a set of double tanks, Jet Fins, a canister light, a new undergarment, or even a scooter, it can all be arranged. All you have to do is ask!

Please be sure to contact me or Alex at least three days before the dive if you need a buddy or any equipment so we have enough time to make sure you are set up.

The location of this dive changes month by month to give divers a chance to dive different sites around the Puget Sound throughout the year. If you have never been to the site we are diving this month, this is a great opportunity to buddy up with someone who has experience at the location and can give you an orientation to the site!

This month’s dive is at Mukilteo! We will be meeting in the Silver Cloud Hotel parking lot located at 718 Front St, Mukilteo, WA 98275

If you need last minute fills, Evergreen Dive Service is the nearest shop at 4610 Evergreen Way, Suite 1, Everett, WA 98203

Dive time is 630 pm.

Please note that we expect to be starting the dive at the splash time, so be sure to arrive with ample time to set up your own gear. We also typically go out for food and beer afterwards, which we like to call Dive 3. Most likely location for this month is the Diamond Knot.

If you have additional questions feel free to drop me (Rebekah) or aadolfi (Alex) a Private Message (PM) here on Northwest Dive Club. If you plan on diving this week and need a buddy or equipment, please remember to contact me or Alex at least three days before the dive so we can be sure to have your gear or new friend ready!

We hope to see you there!

Bex
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Re: GUE Seattle - Mid Week Tweak - 3/11/15

Post by Jeremy »

I will be there!
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I will be there, and happy to buddy up with a novice.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Woohoo!

I'll be there and and also happy to dive with anyone.

Looking forward to a change of scenery!

:-)
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

Sounds like a party! I'll be there.
Cupronickel
Avid Diver

Post by Cupronickel »

Ive only got 4 dives under my belt, so if someone will buddy with a noob like me, Ill be there. And in terms of gear, Im still waiting on my LDS to get some of my kit in, if anyone would be willing to let me use a steel tank, maybe a 119 (I dive yoke), and about 22lbs of weight I could avoid rental fees!! This dive is at Lighthouse park, correct?
Last edited by Cupronickel on Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A flute without holes is not a flute, a doughnut without a hole is a danish.
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

GearHead wrote:Sounds like a party! I'll be there.
Awesome! Been too long bro :)
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Cupronickel wrote:Ive only got 4 dives under my belt, so if someone will buddy with a noob like me, Ill be there. And in terms of gear, Im still waiting on my LDS to get some of my kit in, if anyone would be willing to let me use a steel tank, maybe a 119 (I dive yoke), and about 22lbs of weight I could avoid rental fees!!
I'll buddy up with you. Have a steel HP100 and 22 lbs of weight you can use. I'm in an Orange Element :)
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

And no, cupronickel, it's not at the Lighthouse Park. It's the entry site on the north end of the Silver Cloud hotel. There is a small amount of parking right at the site, and more along the street as it turns away from the hotel.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Cupronickel
Avid Diver

Post by Cupronickel »

Jeremy wrote:
Cupronickel wrote:Ive only got 4 dives under my belt, so if someone will buddy with a noob like me, Ill be there. And in terms of gear, Im still waiting on my LDS to get some of my kit in, if anyone would be willing to let me use a steel tank, maybe a 119 (I dive yoke), and about 22lbs of weight I could avoid rental fees!!
I'll buddy up with you. Have a steel HP100 and 22 lbs of weight you can use. I'm in an Orange Element :)

Sweet thanks! Just to be safe bring 26 lbs if you can, im still working on finding how much weight I need, since im slowly putting my kit together and this will be my first dive on my new bp/w. Thanks for clarifying LCF!
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Cupronickel wrote:
Jeremy wrote:

Sweet thanks! Just to be safe bring 26 lbs if you can, im still working on finding how much weight I need, since im slowly putting my kit together and this will be my first dive on my new bp/w. Thanks for clarifying LCF!
Bp/w on dive 5? Right on!!!

It will be dark - got a light or two?
Cupronickel
Avid Diver

Post by Cupronickel »

I did alot of research on the different BC types before I bought, and bp/w seemed like the way to go! I have only one light as of now, its a DRIS 1000 lumen.
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

^ Good choice with the DRIS 1000. It's a decent handheld primary light, and makes a fine backup if you choose to eventually get a canister light.

For a night dive, you will need a backup light in addition to your primary. I'm sure several of us could have spare backups available.
jturner
Frequent Bubbler

Post by jturner »

I'm in!
BillZ
Aquanaut

Post by BillZ »

I'm in!!

Anybody up for a scooter run out to the fuel dock?
Cupronickel
Avid Diver

Post by Cupronickel »

GearHead wrote:^ Good choice with the DRIS 1000. It's a decent handheld primary light, and makes a fine backup if you choose to eventually get a canister light.

For a night dive, you will need a backup light in addition to your primary. I'm sure several of us could have spare backups available.
Im planning on getting a canister light in the future, Ive heard good things about dustys lights.
Renegade70
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Renegade70 »

I'm planning on Dive 2 and 3.
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

BillZ wrote:I'm in!!

Rumor has it "he who has been banned" wants to scoot the dock.
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

I just got a new scooter project. Meaning I need to buy / build a battery for it. So I won't be scootering tomorrow, but later on, hells yeah!
kiwi
Frequent Bubbler

Post by kiwi »

In! A few of us are scooting the dock at 430 before the tweak dive
BillZ
Aquanaut

Post by BillZ »

kiwi wrote:In! A few of us are scooting the dock at 430 before the tweak dive
Matt (aka THEFEVE) will be there at 3:30- Splash about 4:30 - See ya there.
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Wow sounds like upwards of 15+ divers will be there - great group!
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Just a warning . . . if we have to put our horse to sleep tomorrow, I may not make it. Vet is coming at noon.
thefeve
Compulsive Diver

Post by thefeve »

Yup, i'll be there for the early dive and likely dive 2 as well. looking forward to meeting some of you from the board... but more so getting a hit of the scooter crack! :norris: :supz:
I think you've figured out the root cause of your problems. Even sea lions get annoyed by splitfin divers silting out their dive sites. Switch back to your jets and you'll be safe from the sea lion silt prevention patrol from now on. - NWbrewer
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Jeremy wrote:
BillZ wrote:I'm in!!

Rumor has it "he who has been banned" wants to scoot the dock.
He really does want his privileges back on this board. I think he has learned from his incarceration. :)
When was the last time you did something for the first time?