GUE Seattle - Mid Week Tweak - 4/8/15

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
aadolfi
Aquaphile

GUE Seattle - Mid Week Tweak - 4/8/15

Post by aadolfi »

Welcome to GUE Seattle’s Midweek Tweak! This is a once a month dive hosted by GUE Seattle and is open to ANY and ALL divers who want to come out and dive, regardless of skill, background, etc. It is a great chance to meet others in the community, dive with some outstanding divers and try new equipment, skills and techniques. The Tweak is also a great chance to meet local GUE divers and learn more about the GUE organization.

Need a buddy? No Problem! We will hook you up. We have plenty of active recreational divers, technical divers, cave divers, instructors, and divemasters who dive with us, and the tweak is a great opportunity to pick up a little extra diving knowledge. If you would like to try out any piece of dive equipment whether it’s a backplate and wing, argon system, a set of double tanks, Jet Fins, a canister light, a new undergarment, or even a scooter, it can all be arranged. All you have to do is ask!

Please be sure to contact me at least three days before the dive if you need a buddy or any equipment so we have enough time to make sure you are set up.

The location of this dive changes month by month to give divers a chance to dive different sites around the Puget Sound throughout the year. If you have never been to the site we are diving this month, this is a great opportunity to buddy up with someone who has experience at the location and can give you an orientation to the site!

This month’s dive is at Alki Cove 2! We will be meeting in the Marination parking lot located at 1660 Harbor Avenue SW, Seattle 98126

If you need last minute fills, 5th Dimension Scuba is right down the road at 3239 Harbor Avenue Southwest, Seattle, WA 98126

Dive time is 630 pm.

Please note that we expect to be starting the dive at the splash time, so be sure to arrive with ample time to set up your own gear. We also typically go out for food and beer afterwards, which we like to call Dive 3.

If you have additional questions feel free to drop me a Private Message (PM) here on Northwest Dive Club. If you plan on diving this week and need a buddy or equipment, please remember to contact me or at least three days before the dive so we can be sure to have your gear or new friend ready!

We hope to see you there!

Alex
The purpose of life should not be to journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Holy S#it!!!" What a Ride!!!
jturner
Frequent Bubbler

Re: GUE Seattle - Mid Week Tweak - 4/8/15

Post by jturner »

I'll be there!
DGFishy
Just Settling In

Post by DGFishy »

If I can hunt down a buddy / get a lift, I'd love to come! I'm a huge n00b, but I want to get acquainted with the GUE community, and, more importantly, learn from you guys! I'd need to swing by a diveshop to grab a tank and weights, and I'd probably need to borrow a light from somebody.

Anyone who buddies with me would easily be able to do a second dive- I'm still new enough that my air consumption is pretty laughable.

Plug: I'm pretty good with sculpin IDs :D
jturner
Frequent Bubbler

Post by jturner »

I've got spare weights and a tank you could use. How much weight do you need? Would you like nitrox or air?
DGFishy
Just Settling In

Post by DGFishy »

Still on air. I'd need 12 lbs (and a belt).

I can take the bus there if need be. It won't be particularly comfortable, but it's totally doable.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

You folks might want to work out what tank goes with the 12lb weight belt here ;) If a hp100 goes with 12lbs then an al80 will not and vice versa...

I might try to come by this week, a bit busy at home right now so it'll depend on my gear packing tomorrow (or lack thereof)
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Im in! I have a lithium battery to test with my full body heated Santi BZ400 :)
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
KneeDeep
Submariner

Post by KneeDeep »

kdupreez wrote:Im in! I have a lithium battery to test with my full body heated Santi BZ400 :)
Blah blah blah...new heated BZ400. :smt064
The ocean is a lousy teacher. First you get a test, then the lesson.
jturner
Frequent Bubbler

Post by jturner »

Yep. Just was asking as a starting point as it also varies based on brand of tank as well as size. I'll bring a few extra. The tank is a PST HP102.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

KneeDeep wrote:
kdupreez wrote:Im in! I have a lithium battery to test with my full body heated Santi BZ400 :)
Yep, its its spelled; TOASTY!! :penelope:
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

kdupreez wrote:
KneeDeep wrote:
Yep, its its spelled; WUSSY!! :penelope:
I fixed that for you
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

CaptnJack wrote:
kdupreez wrote:
KneeDeep wrote:
Yep, its its spelled; WARM AND COMFY WUSSY THATS THE ENVY OF ALL COLD ASS DIVERS!! :penelope:
I fixed that for you
corrected a spelling mistake for you :rjack:
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

lol - Koos...not sure I've ever done a dive with you where you didn't complain about being cold. And that includes Florida! :)
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Unfortunately I have to miss this dive because I have an employee celebration to attend.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Jeremy wrote:lol - Koos...not sure I've ever done a dive with you where you didn't complain about being cold. And that includes Florida! :)
Friggin' dainty he is
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

CaptnJack wrote:
Jeremy wrote:lol - Koos...not sure I've ever done a dive with you where you didn't complain about being cold. And that includes Florida! :)
Friggin' dainty he is
yup - sure do love it warm and toasty.. :tomnic:

CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

More like
Attachments
Koos.jpg
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

bwahahaha - thats awesome.. I hope its electric!
jturner
Frequent Bubbler

Post by jturner »

We took the conversation offline and turns out my tank is not going to work for DGFishy. Does anyone have a tank that will accept a yoke regulator that he could use? I can still bring the weights but my tank will not work for him.
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

ask him to give Mark at 5thD a shout.
bahula03
Just Settling In

Post by bahula03 »

I've got a Faber HP100 with ~3100psi that I can throw a yoke adapter in...DGFishy is welcome to borrow it.
DGFishy
Just Settling In

Post by DGFishy »

Thanks a ton man!

Excited to meet you all tomorrow!
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

BTW, Fishy, with the neutral 80 you were using last time, we had a 20 lb weight belt on you with a 5 lb backplate. I think I concluded that 16 pounds on your waist and 2 to 4 on your cambands would be optimal. 12 pounds will be too light.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
DGFishy
Just Settling In

Post by DGFishy »

I got in a new rig from deepsea supply last week with a bolt-on 8 lb weight plate. With the plate alone already at 6 pounds, I'm going to have 14 on the rig (hopefully I won't have screwed things too much by changing placement there). With a 12 pound weight belt, that should keep me down, right?
KneeDeep
Submariner

Post by KneeDeep »

DGFishy wrote:I got in a new rig from deepsea supply last week with a bolt-on 8 lb weight plate. With the plate alone already at 6 pounds, I'm going to have 14 on the rig (hopefully I won't have screwed things too much by changing placement there). With a 12 pound weight belt, that should keep me down, right?
Close numbers, I use the same weight with exact same setup for my singles, but I'm 6ft at 205lbs.
The ocean is a lousy teacher. First you get a test, then the lesson.