GUE Seattle - Mid Week Tweak - 7/29/15

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
aadolfi
Aquaphile

GUE Seattle - Mid Week Tweak - 7/29/15

Post by aadolfi »

Welcome to GUE Seattle’s Midweek Tweak! This is a once a month dive hosted by GUE Seattle and is open to ANY and ALL divers who want to come out and dive, regardless of skill, background, etc. It is a great chance to meet others in the community, dive with some outstanding divers and try new equipment, skills and techniques. The Tweak is also a great chance to meet local GUE divers and learn more about the GUE organization.

Need a buddy? No Problem! We will hook you up. We have plenty of active recreational divers, technical divers, cave divers, instructors, and divemasters who dive with us, and the tweak is a great opportunity to pick up a little extra diving knowledge. If you would like to try out any piece of dive equipment whether it’s a backplate and wing, argon system, a set of double tanks, Jet Fins, a canister light, a new undergarment, or even a scooter, it can all be arranged. All you have to do is ask!

Please be sure to contact me or Alex at least three days before the dive if you need a buddy or any equipment so we have enough time to make sure you are set up.

The location of this dive changes month by month to give divers a chance to dive different sites around the Puget Sound throughout the year. If you have never been to the site we are diving this month, this is a great opportunity to buddy up with someone who has experience at the location and can give you an orientation to the site!

This month’s dive is at Mukilteo! We will be meeting in the Silver Cloud Hotel parking lot located at 718 Front St, Mukilteo, WA 98275

If you need last minute fills, Evergreen Dive Service is the nearest shop at 4610 Evergreen Way, Suite 1, Everett, WA 98203

Dive time is early this month at 530 pm.

Please note that we expect to be starting the dive at the splash time, so be sure to arrive with ample time to set up your own gear. We also typically go out for food and beer afterwards, which we like to call Dive 3. As an added bonus this month the awesome folks from Dive Xtras will be hosting a BBQ at their shop immediately after the dive! Come on down for a burger or hot dog

If you have additional questions feel free to drop me (Alex) a Private Message (PM) here on Northwest Dive Club. If you plan on diving this week and need a buddy or equipment, please remember to contact me at least three days before the dive so we can be sure to have your gear or new friend ready!

We hope to see you there!

Alex
The purpose of life should not be to journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Holy S#it!!!" What a Ride!!!
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Re: GUE Seattle - Mid Week Tweak - 7/29/15

Post by Jeremy »

I'll join you Alex. Want to do the dive on 30/30?
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

I'd like to do this one. I can bring a set of doubles for visiting the man and the boat, or deeper if there's a group that's up for it. Could also go sidemount if someone else wants to do that.
Iqjumpuw
Avid Diver

Post by Iqjumpuw »

What does GUE stand for?
bradmond
Submariner

Post by bradmond »

Global Underwater Explorers

http://www.globalunderwaterexplorers.org/
DavidR
Just Settling In

Post by DavidR »

Change of plans, I'll be diving Weds AM, but hope to meet in future-
with best wishes,
David
Last edited by DavidR on Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
verrinne
Compulsive Diver

Post by verrinne »

I would like to join aswell I too need a buddy also I would like to try out some tech gear like a long hose and tech bcd single tank.
From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free.-Jacques-Yves Cousteau
johndo88
Compulsive Diver

Post by johndo88 »

See you all there. :)