Point Whitney 9/28-29

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
bike_reck_ben
Just Settling In

Point Whitney 9/28-29

Post by bike_reck_ben »

I'm looking to do a pony test dive on Monday or Tuesday (my days off) and am looking for a buddy. I have an AL30 mounted that I'm comfortable diving with. The calculators say that I should use just under 19 scf of air getting up from 130ft with an 8 minute stop and 11 scf from 90ft with a 5 minute stop. I want to try and see how accurate it is and verify that I'll have enough gas.

The plan for that dive would be to swim the length of the pipe, come back to 90 feet, and start the ascent. We'll go up at about 30 ft/min until 15 feet. I'll shoot a bag up, and surface after a 5 minute safety stop.

We can dive a tank before that just to look around and see some GPOs. I dive 34% Nitrox, so I'm not insanely worried about reaching a no deco limit. And before you ask, MOD for 34% is 103 feet with 1.4 PO2. I can lend you a tank if you have a Nitrox c-card and trust that I know how to use an analyzer and calculator. My only schedule restriction is that I need to be back in Bremerton by 6:00 on Tuesday, so I can drop my tanks off.

Respond here or PM me with questions.
Don't tempt me with a good time. I may just take you up on that offer.