Club Dive! Club Dive! Club Dive! Feb. 20th, 2016 @ EUP!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Tyler R
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Re: Club Dive! Club Dive! Club Dive! Feb. 20th, 2016 @ EUP!

Post by Tyler R »

Hey everyone, count me in for this one! I'm new to this site so I'll be needing a "big buddy". I'm AOW certified but I recently bought a new drysuit so I'm definitely still getting used to it. As time gets closer I'll post my food contribution. Looking forward to getting wet and meeting some of you.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Pen, I can bring a pack of costco hamburger patties. I also have a good sized two burner camp chef cook stove with a grill on one side that might be easier to cook on, its just kinda big.
derekcs
Perma Narc'd

Post by derekcs »

Will just be coming back from a big trip. If I can muster the energy, I'll try and make it out.
All underwater photographs of mine are posted at http://www.dereksinger.com
@dereksingerphotography on Instagram
apostle228
Just Settling In

Post by apostle228 »

Just found out my ship is gonna be in port that day for sure, so i'll definitely be there. I'll see what we need refreshment wise closer to the date and bring something!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Excellent! I am looking forward to meeting all of you!

Gdog wrote:Pen, I can bring a pack of costco hamburger patties. I also have a good sized two burner camp chef cook stove with a grill on one side that might be easier to cook on, its just kinda big.
Yes to the hamburger patties, maybe to the stove/grill. I will let you know as we get closer. Thank you!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Also, it has come to my attention that Moss Bay is going to be there the same morning, meeting at 8:30. The lot isn't too hectic on winter weekends but it might behoove you to arrive early and/or carpool.
bradmond
Submariner

Post by bradmond »

I have room for 1 or 2 to ride along from the south, I'm in SeaTac.
derekcs
Perma Narc'd

Post by derekcs »

Hey guys, I'm an active member in Moss Bay as well as here. If I wanted to invite them over to socialize, would y'all have any objections? Right now, I think it's four people (excluding myself) signed up for that morning. Just let me know what you'd like me to bring in terms of extra food.
All underwater photographs of mine are posted at http://www.dereksinger.com
@dereksingerphotography on Instagram
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

derekcs wrote:Hey guys, I'm an active member in Moss Bay as well as here. If I wanted to invite them over to socialize, would y'all have any objections? Right now, I think it's four people (excluding myself) signed up for that morning. Just let me know what you'd like me to bring in terms of extra food.
No objections at all! The more the merrier!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

I found out I will be in Boise next weekend. Have a great dive guys!
Hope to catch you all at the next one. :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Do we need to get the food stuff and guest list and stuff going?!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Yep, I will start compiling a list!

If you need inspiration, we need side dishes, desserts, and buns. Hotdogs and burger buns, I am assuming everyone will bring their own attached people buns.

And....we need chips! *ducks and runs for cover*
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

I will bring some buns, the unattached kind. Well, I guess I'll bring the attached kind too. Anyway, I got HD and HB buns covered :)
bradmond
Submariner

Post by bradmond »

I'll bring drinks, bbq, and a shelter thing.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

So I will bring hamburger patties.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

The list so far-

P-Pants – grill, popup canopy, utensils, plates, napkins, coffee, hot dogs/sausages, ketchup/mustard/mayo, cupcakes
Gdog – hamburger patties
Bradmond – grill, drinks, pop up canopy
Scubie Doo – Buns! All the buns!
Brian
Getting To Know Folks

Post by Brian »

Hey guys! I'm in for this Saturday. I'm new to cold water diving (4 dives so far) but have about 60 total dives over the last two years, so a big buddy would be cool. I'll probably be fumbling around with all this extra stuff i have to wear underwater... and I can bring potato salad for the BBQ.

Two questions- Do you suggest bringing a light? And does anyone have a tank I can borrow? (I don't mind renting from UW Sports but they don't open until 9)

Cheers,

-Brian
bradmond
Submariner

Post by bradmond »

Brian wrote:Hey guys! I'm in for this Saturday. I'm new to cold water diving (4 dives so far) but have about 60 total dives over the last two years, so a big buddy would be cool. I'll probably be fumbling around with all this extra stuff i have to wear underwater... and I can bring potato salad for the BBQ.

Two questions- Do you suggest bringing a light? And does anyone have a tank I can borrow? (I don't mind renting from UW Sports but they don't open until 9)

Cheers,

-Brian
I have an HP100 you can use. I'll bring it. Maybe you can borrow or rent a light? Thinking you'll want one.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Brian wrote:Hey guys! I'm in for this Saturday. I'm new to cold water diving (4 dives so far) but have about 60 total dives over the last two years, so a big buddy would be cool. I'll probably be fumbling around with all this extra stuff i have to wear underwater... and I can bring potato salad for the BBQ.

Cheers,

-Brian
I have a backup light you can use. And yes, you will want a light! I will also bring an extra tank, a din valve HP100. Do you have din or yoke setup on your reg?
mattlezeay
Getting To Know Folks

Post by mattlezeay »

Just got my schedule arranged so I'll be able to make it! I'll bring some dessert, haven't decided what quite yet. My usual buddies can't make it so I'll be needing one. I'm sure someone will be around :)
Brian
Getting To Know Folks

Post by Brian »

Gdog wrote:

Cheers,

-Brian
I have a backup light you can use. And yes, you will want a light! I will also bring an extra tank, a din valve HP100. Do you have din or yoke setup on your reg?
I just ordered a light on amazon so I should be good in that department, I have a yoke reg
bradmond
Submariner

Post by bradmond »

I'll bring an insert for my Hp100 so you can use a yoke on it. Not sure if Gdog's tank is DIN only or not, sounds like it might be. My PST tank is DIN only. See ya Saturday.
Brian
Getting To Know Folks

Post by Brian »

Sounds good, thanks!
apostle228
Just Settling In

Post by apostle228 »

I will be able to come as well! I get off work in Everett at 7am that morning so i'll be cutting it close, but i'll be there! I too will need a buddy. I can bring a case of waters and some sort of side dish from the Fred Meyer deli or something which i'll pick up on the way since i'll just be getting off work haha :burntchef:
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

bradmond wrote:I'll bring an insert for my Hp100 so you can use a yoke on it. Not sure if Gdog's tank is DIN only or not, sounds like it might be. My PST tank is DIN only. See ya Saturday.
Great idea, my tank is DIN only.