Club Dive! Club Dive! Club Dive! Feb. 20th, 2016 @ EUP!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Club Dive! Club Dive! Club Dive! Feb. 20th, 2016 @ EUP!

Post by Penopolypants »

What: Club dive and barbecue!
When: February 20th 9:00 a.m.!
Where: Edmonds Underwater Park/BHUT!

There’s a nice exchange in the morning of the 20th, so it looks like it will be a good day to dive at Edmonds. It gets a little icky later in the afternoon so plan on getting done relatively early.

Looking for new buddies? Be there! Always wanted to put some avatars to some faces? Now is the time! Want to try out some gear, like a different type of fins, or a bp/w, or a different tank? Let me know, and I'll wrangle up some gear for you!

This is a "Big Buddy" dive, so if you are a "Little Buddy" (a new and/or inexperienced diver) and want to dive with a "Big Buddy" (a more experienced diver), let me know and I'll set you up. If you're willing to be a Big Buddy let me know that too!

I will bring barbecue basics (grill, tables, cooler, popup canopy, utensils, plates, water, etc.). I will be bringing burger patties and buns, ketchup/mustard/mayo and I am fairly sure I have a small pack of hot dogs or sausages or some such too.

Please bring a dish to share, such as potato salad, casseroles, desserts, or a packet of hot dog buns, burger toppings, etc. Please post here what you are bringing so that we only have 20 bags of chips! :)

A popup canopy might be nice given the weather lately, if you have one to bring. Also bring: a chair for surface intervals, water, your dive gear, and your meet and greet face. Please feel free to come down and just hang out too if you don’t want to dive. Friends/family/Siamese twin welcome!

Parking is limited so please consider carpooling. I can take up to three divers if you are willing to come early and stay late.

Google Map here:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Brack ... e4952625b9

Pretty map:
Brackett's_Landing.PNG
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
bradmond
Submariner

Re: Club Dive! Club Dive! Club Dive! Feb. 20th, 2016 @ EUP!

Post by bradmond »

Sounds great!! I'll bring my BBQ and some stuff.
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Awesome!!! I'll let you know what I decide to cook up.
Can't wait! :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Planning on it. Will figure out what to bring as we get closer.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

I am in for sure, I have been missing too many of these
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
jhford2@mac.com
Getting To Know Folks

Post by jhford2@mac.com »

I'm looking forward to being introduced to Edmonds and to meet a bunch of you. I will definitely bring something to share. My husband Dennis and I are relatively new divers.....and are trying to learn how to be 'good buddies' for each other. We'd love an experienced diver to show us around (above and below water) at Edmonds. Looking forward to meeting folks!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

jhford2@mac.com wrote:I'm looking forward to being introduced to Edmonds and to meet a bunch of you. I will definitely bring something to share. My husband Dennis and I are relatively new divers.....and are trying to learn how to be 'good buddies' for each other. We'd love an experienced diver to show us around (above and below water) at Edmonds. Looking forward to meeting folks!
Welcome. We look forward to meeting you!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

jhford2@mac.com wrote:I'm looking forward to being introduced to Edmonds and to meet a bunch of you. I will definitely bring something to share. My husband Dennis and I are relatively new divers.....and are trying to learn how to be 'good buddies' for each other. We'd love an experienced diver to show us around (above and below water) at Edmonds. Looking forward to meeting folks!
Welcome! We'll hook you up with someone, and I look forward to meeting you both!
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

I would be glad to take some people around. Get your stretching in as the surface swim is a pretty good one, but worth it.

Have a banana for breakfast
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
verrinne
Compulsive Diver

Post by verrinne »

I can't I got to run the shop
From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free.-Jacques-Yves Cousteau
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Norris wrote:I would be glad to take some people around. Get your stretching in as the surface swim is a pretty good one, but worth it.

Have a banana for breakfast
Ive dove it once, several years ago. Is it as long as Salt Water Park?
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

Surface swim is a bit shorter than Salt Water, and seems less odious as you can gauge your progress against the rock jetty. There's also a lot more underwater structure to explore. One could easily do two hour plus dives and just get a glimpse of the overall park. Parking can be a pain if lots of other people decide to show up.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Luckily with it being winter the lot should be pretty open. Even better if we are blessed with a cloudy day
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Echo
Compulsive Diver

Post by Echo »

ScubaJess wrote:Awesome!!! I'll let you know what I decide to cook up.
Can't wait! :)
Are you saying, we'll actually be able to get wet!? See you there!!!! :)
-Erika
Duckdiver
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Duckdiver »

Hi everyone,I joined this site last summer,haven't dove up their with anybody yet. Just talked with my wife and we will try and make it too. I will need a big buddy too,I'm advanced certified with around 25 dives since 2004. Own my own gear. As the date gets closer I will know for sure if going or not,and figure out what to bring for pot luck. Last summer was the last time I dove,it was in Florence Oregon.
Duckdiver
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Duckdiver »

I live in Gresham Oregon FYI.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Come on up, it will be great to meet both of you!
apostle228
Just Settling In

Post by apostle228 »

Hey everyone! Long time lurker and very seldom poster here, but I am very interested in coming out and meeting people finally! I'm in the Navy, so theres a chance my ship may be out that weekend, but if we are in port i'm gonna come dive! I'll update when I know for sure!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

apostle228 wrote:Hey everyone! Long time lurker and very seldom poster here, but I am very interested in coming out and meeting people finally! I'm in the Navy, so theres a chance my ship may be out that weekend, but if we are in port i'm gonna come dive! I'll update when I know for sure!
Fingers crossed, it will be great to meet you too!
Duckdiver
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Duckdiver »

Thanks Penopolypants,I'm with you,i wanna put a face to the avatar too. So much fun checking out the pics and video people post,can't wait to dive up their. So is a week before the dive enough of a heads up to let the group know if I'm going or not,and what to bring for potluck?
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Eh, we're not that formal, just let me know when you can. By the day before would be best but even the day of is totally fine.

As far as food, some cookies, maybe some potato salad, or, dare I say it, a bag of chips? Don't go overboard, we always seem to have extras of things.
Duckdiver
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Duckdiver »

Ok will do.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Pen....im on a diet so please dont bring your crack filled cupcakes...please please please please please please........Please! DO
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Gdog wrote:Pen....im on a diet so please dont bring your crack filled cupcakes...please please please please please please........Please! DO
Prepare your waistline! :pirate: :burntchef:
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

:burntchef: :burntchef: :burntchef: :burntchef: :burntchef: :burntchef: :burntchef: