Bubbles & Suds (5/18)

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Mac
Aquaphile

Bubbles & Suds (5/18)

Post by Mac »

Hey All -

The tide chart looks pretty good for a Clay Wall dive this week. We haven't been there in a while...Who's in?

Wednesday, 5/18
Mukilteo Lighthouse Park
6:15pm Meet-up
6:45pm Splash
8:00pm Diamond Knot
GearHead
Submariner

Re: Bubbles & Suds (5/18)

Post by GearHead »

I'm in!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jainormous
Just Settling In

Post by Jainormous »

I am also in! :mmmbeer:
Echo
Compulsive Diver

Post by Echo »

I'll be doing 2 late night solo dives at the T dock hunting bugs. Last day of the year. Saturday i came up short. Need to fill my bag this time. Have fun guys!
-Erika
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

We had a good dive last night. Visibility was the best I've seen for a while - the surface was still visible from about 20 feet down! It was a pleasure to have plenty of ambient light available even at 60 fsw.
My buddy and I drifted a ways south from our entry point and thus found the South wall at about 50 fsw. It was diminished from what I remembered a couple years ago. We then headed North to hook up with the rest of the group. The North wall seems to have been knocked down completely. There is now just a slope covered with gravel and bits. We did find a small Red Octo in the open where the wall used to be. He appeared a bit nervous from the four divers surrounding him and wouldn't take the small crab we submitted as a food offering.
Of course good fun was had at the Diamond Knot for the second dive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

The walls at Muk are constantly changing. I've done dives where it was very much what you describe, and ones where it is one continuous wall, up to 10' top to bottom. The currents will bring the wall back.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Echo
Compulsive Diver

Post by Echo »

I went shrimping over at the T dock last night, lousy catch, Saturday was a good night. Last night, not so much. I wish I had my camera instead of a goodie bag though, because there were more octos than I could count and 3 stubby squid, one was the size of my hand.
-Erika