Bubbles & Suds (6/30)

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Mac
Aquaphile

Bubbles & Suds (6/30)

Post by Mac »

Hey all -

We're changing things up a bit, and are going to be diving on THURSDAY nights through the summer. This will help us to avoid the Mukilteo Farmers Market (& associated parking mess), and will also allow us to do some crabbing during our dives, once the season opens.

This week, the tides look good for a Clay Wall dive, so we'll be meeting up at the Lighthouse Park.

Thursday, June 30th
6:15pm Meet-up
6:45pm Splash
8:00ish Diamond Knot
Agate
Frequent Bubbler

Re: Bubbles & Suds (6/30)

Post by Agate »

Hmmmm, seems like there should be some more B&S + ThThTh meets, then.
Echo
Compulsive Diver

Post by Echo »

I've got band practice on Thursday nights :norris: so I won't be joining you for these dives but will continue to dive Wednesday's if anyone still wishes to join me can do so.
-Erika
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Hi
Oh darn, just when I was hoping for a Wednesday streak. :) Did you guys say the clay walls would be completely undoable on Wednesday due to the market being there? Have fun!

-Eric
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
GearHead
Submariner

Bubbles & Suds (6/30)

Post by GearHead »

Oddly enough, as I was driving down the hill toward the ferry Wednesday night, it looked like there were more open spaces around the park area next to the farmers market. I think there might be another reason for parking by the Silver Cloud to be so bad, but don't know what it might be.
Anyway, having a bunch of us trying to find parking right next to the market on Wednesday night probably isn't a plan for success.
I have unfinished business with the Man's partner, so I'll be there again next Wed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Echo
Compulsive Diver

Post by Echo »

Yeah, the parking challenges won't be any different on Thursdays because the Farmers Market has their own 'free parking' and isn't really that popular. We're just experiencing the woes of summer
-Erika
Jainormous
Just Settling In

Post by Jainormous »

There is no Farmers Market on Thursday in Muk. I am in.
Mac
Aquaphile

Post by Mac »

I've seen several people carrying bags from the Farmers market over to the dive site, so I suspect were getting some of their spillover parking. In any case, I think we're going to try some Thursdays and see what turnout is like.

Having said that, the idea behind Bubbles & Suds is that it's an unofficial club for everyone, so if Wednesday (or weekends) work better for some, please feel free to post the dives here. We don't necessarily have to be a one-night-a-week club. I may get in on some of the Wednesday dives if they get posted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

I plan to be there Thursday, please bring a shirt Jainormous.

Oh yeah and Mac save me a parking space....ha ha
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Agate
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Agate »

Kinda thinking that I might make my way up there tomorrow, since I haven't done the clay wall before.
Jainormous
Just Settling In

Post by Jainormous »

I have a shirt for you, Wouldn't want to see Mr. Norris topless.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Agate wrote:Kinda thinking that I might make my way up there tomorrow, since I haven't done the clay wall before.
The more the merrier
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Looks like I'm in for tonight @ Much since ThThTh Redondo is cancelled so I'll see you at the Clay Wall with my friend Don in tow. :)
I hope we can find the wall.
YellowEye & I had great viz there last night but I think we got in too far North on the beach and couldn't find the wall. But I did find a super cute Octo and lots of neat critters in the sand and rocks.
See y'all soon! :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Oh we'll find it. going up and down the beach at about 50ish feet you are almost guaranteed to find it
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Mac
Aquaphile

Post by Mac »

The wall isn't that big, so it's easy to miss. My rule of thumb is that if youre at the right depth and the bottom is sandy/silty, you're probably too far south, and if it's gravelly/cobbly, you're probably too far north. Sounds like we'll have a pretty decent-sized group out there tonight. Looking forward to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

It was great diving with you guys last night, thanks for the info to find the wall. It was really cool. Super cute baby wolfie living there. I'll try to post my pics soon.

I hope you all have a great weekend!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Glad to finally have met you!
CAPTNJACK - 2012**