Columbia River retrieval needed

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
sarinae
Aquaphile

Columbia River retrieval needed

Post by sarinae »

Fellow Divers,

A lady just somehow found my number and called me looking for some help for uncle. Long story short, he was fishing in the Columbia River this weekend and his anchor became entangled in the engine or something went very wrong. His boat sunk with his beloved dog tied to her dog house.

He is looking for someone to retrieve her body so that he can achieve some closure from the tragedy. If someone is willing and able to assist with salvage of the boat, he would be interested, but the primary objective is to retrieve the dog's body. He is willing to pay someone for this.

The boat is likely very shallow, he said that the bow is just below the surface. I am not clear about whether it is on the WA or the OR side of the river.

If you can help out, please contact Dennis Hickley Home: 503 556 7725 Cell: 360 431 1606. His niece, Laura Lie is the person I spoke with and she is trying to find him some help. Her home number is 541 895 3119 and cell 541 914 0349

I can't possibly get away to do this until next week. There is a sense of urgency because the sinking is near a crane and the owner is concerned that another boat could easily destroy the wreck by passing in the area. Anyone wanna road trip and do a good deed?